This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tarot Deck Connection FAIL

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
Myperception
Sage

Tarot Deck Connection FAIL

Post by Myperception »

Did you came across there are some tarot deck you purchased or a gift from friends/partner/family to you, that didn't connect well with you?

In the other words, you felt difficult to interprete the cards meaning, also the spread seems like you didn't know how to read etc? What will you do with those decks?

Will you discard it? Kept in the cupboard for years? Give it to friends? Sell it? Or find ways to practise with those decks?

Please share your thoughts :idea:
qndynes
Sage

Re: Tarot Deck Connection FAIL

Post by qndynes »

Oh yes, there are definitely decks I don't connect with. My collection though small, less than 20 decks, has fluctuated over the years. There've been times I've had more themed decks, times I've had more Marseille type decks, and as I change and my focus changes my collection changes as well.

There are staples that once they enter my collection never leave, these are the Flornoy Tarot de Marseille reproductions. and a couple other Marseille Tarot decks that always near and dear. With illustrated decks, as in fully pictorial non TDM, I find that I've undergone the biggest changes. That is where most changes in focus are felt. I've noticed that certain themed decks are short lived, don't hold my attention long enough. So, I've traded quite a bit. Once I know for sure a deck doesn't hold my attention, I give a bit more thought and sit with what to do for some days. If I really never pull the deck out I trade it or sell it, as there are always decks on my wishlist that I can replace the one I've sold or traded. I normally don't keep a deck I don't use. It bothers me to no end keeping a deck I don't use and never take out.

There have been decks in the past that I've traded or sold that I've ended up re-purchasing. This has only happened twice so it's not a regular thing for me to re-purchase decks I've given away. When I decide the deck has to go, it generally tends to be final.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
qndynes
Sage

Re: Tarot Deck Connection FAIL

Post by qndynes »

Myperception wrote: 10 Jun 2019, 10:34
Will you discard it? Kept in the cupboard for years? Give it to friends? Sell it? Or find ways to practise with those decks?

Please share your thoughts :idea:

Oh and I have no problems giving decks to friends as well! I gifted my mini tabula mundi, Paul Huson's deck, and the pricier Uusi deck Eros Tarot de Marseille. So it really depends on what is on my wishlist, what is my mood, etc., whether I will sell, trade, or gift the deck.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”