This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Profile Deck Collection and Wishlist

A place to comment about the forum. (Please See Guidelines)
Forum rules
Forum Guidelines: Use this space for questions and comments about the forum.

Please do not post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.
AstralPasta
Sage

Profile Deck Collection and Wishlist

Post by AstralPasta »

Y'all! I feel like I'm the only one who's done this. I like seeing people's collections and wishlists so even if your collections are huge please put something there. Like your favorite decks or decks you're using now. Idk Y'all are killing me here :lol: !

Also if you've done it let me know so I can admire your tastes. It's fun seeing what different tarot readers and nerds are attracted to, and how much I have in common with other readers, and also seeing decks I haven't heard of or that aren't as popular on people's lists.

Thanks for hearing me out 😆
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Profile Deck Collection and Wishlist

Post by Joan Marie »

I am embarrassed to admit that even I haven't done this!

Yes please everyone, it really is so interesting and helpful in so many ways.

To add your deck collection to your profile:
  • Click on your username in the top right of the homepage
  • Select "User Control Panel" from the dropdown list
  • Select the "Profile" tab and Edit Profile.
You'll see the box where you can add all your decks and wishes.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Junipera
Seer

Post by Junipera »

I'm going to make it a goal to complete this before the weekend is over. Maybe others can make due dates of their own. With a due date, we are more likely to complete the task. I agree, it is important. Thanks for the push.
Currently using The Enchanted Tarot 25th Anniversary Edition.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Yeah! Plus the ISO/Buying and Selling thread will get busier. Having an ISO essentially on your profile increases the chances of someone being able to help find it for you. Or trade, etc. Another perk.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Junipera
Seer

Post by Junipera »

I realized that it is significant that I do not even know what I have, because they are tucked away and unused.

This is the catch-all forum. Are there parameters on how this thread should progress?

The deck I am using now is the Enchanted Tarot anniversary edition, supplemented with 2 other of the author's books: an OOP copy of the The Instant Tarot Reader, and Tarot Secrets. I am so into this reading system and these cards that I have no use for anything else right now.

I don't know if it fits into this thread to discuss WHY some of us have not filled out a profile about our decks. For me, I had basically forgotten that I have a collection. Tarot is what is on my altar, on a little table right next to my computer. Something I touch every couple hours at least. A integral part of life right now. Not the collection, but just what is sitting next to me. The other cards are like old partners, with contact info still in your phone, but not a part of your current life.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I updated my profile with my most current list, including decks I ordered yesterday. 324 decks, including tarot and oracles.

I keep a running list of my collection, divided into tarot and oracle, then alphabetical and by category. Decks I've ordered but haven't received yet are highlighted in yellow. I like organizing things, so this makes me happy.

I don't really update my wishlist now because I feel like I have everything. Until I spot something delicious that I just have to have!

I also keep a list of apps and non-card items like runes and spheres. But I won't burden you all with those!

So come on, everyone, update your lists! I want to see what you've got. (There might be something delicious on there I must have!)
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Junipera
Seer

Post by Junipera »

Rachelcat wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 14:39 I updated my profile with my most current list, including decks I ordered yesterday. 324 decks, including tarot and oracles.
WOW!!!
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Wow!!! Awesome! There are so many on there that I haven't heard of, like the heart tarot and the tea tarot!! Thanks for sharing ⭐🥰♥️ And yes, snooping people's wishlists for decks to consider is a side perk(?) hehehe... I like that you indicated which are up for being sold too, I think I'd done that for decks I'd wanted to trade before. And I love that it's in ABC order, you're the real MVP 😆

(What are spheres?)

Junipera, that's great! I like hearing why people are or aren't using decks personally, so knowing that you're interested and using the Enchanted only is really fascinating to me. Deck monogamy is super romantic to me for some reason. It also says a lot of good things about the Enchanted deck in my opinion, since you're currently devoted to it. I actually keep looking at that one but I found out yesterday they also make spirit boards so I'm probably gonna do that (I've never even used one, but I like their intentions and art vibes are influential emotionally, so now I'm excited at the prospect). I have another deck I don't want it to compete with too, haha. It's so beautiful, and I love enchanted everything. 💖
Junipera
Seer

Post by Junipera »

When I was younger, I used the books, but wasn't ready for the art of the cards, yet. I have grown softer over the years, as I have learned to trust more. I maneuver through the world differently, now. I had to grow into these cards.

Farber and Zerner are just different: all their work. I sense that they are not judgmental. None of their work mocks. It focuses on growing. I never had their spirit board. I hope you like it!
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Already edited my profile. The deck lists of the other collectors here leave me awestruck.
Start strong
End stronger
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Amoroso wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 15:42 Already edited my profile. The deck lists of the other collectors here leave me awestruck.
You have a lot of decks I like on your list.....*creepy shaking hands*

I'm curious, how do you like the Eros tarot? I was eyeing that.

Also, how does the Klimt read for you? I'm waiting on it, and haven't seen too many reviews from folks who've bonded deeply with it. A lot of them make some reference to the 'other side' though.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

AstralPasta wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 21:42
Amoroso wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 15:42 Already edited my profile. The deck lists of the other collectors here leave me awestruck.
You have a lot of decks I like on your list.....*creepy shaking hands*

I'm curious, how do you like the Eros tarot? I was eyeing that.

Also, how does the Klimt read for you? I'm waiting on it, and haven't seen too many reviews from folks who've bonded deeply with it. A lot of them make some reference to the 'other side' though.
Thank you, AstralPasta!

The Eros shuffles like butter and reads like a dream, which is par for the course for Uusi's offerings. It's for readers who want something a little risqué that's still classy *heh*. Its humor is unsurprisingly Rabelaisian - bawdy without being distasteful, earthy but not tawdry. It's useful for intimate readings and it makes a happy pair with this gem lol.

And oh the Klimt. I have no words. It's like a golden fever dream dripping with a grand melancholy, a magnificent rara avis that you can clasp between your hands. I don't work with it that often because I only use it for special readings, but when I do it never fails to take my breath away. I used it in a daily contemplation thread I made for The Art of Worldly Wisdom by Baltasar Gracian that you can check out HERE.

By the "other side", do you mean necromantic readings? I have never considered using it for such. For me it's like the perfect Pentacle deck - witness all that gold and those well-heeled people. That's why I mainly use it for important readings on career, finance, and anything related to business and strategies.
Start strong
End stronger
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

I've added that book to my wishlist now, haha! That's wonderful, for some reason what you said sort of reminds me of that story with Demeter and the women or spirit/creatures trying to cheer her up with lewd humor.

Oh wow, that's such a glowing and beautiful description of your experience with it. I'm so excited now, haha. And you're such a good and....elegant?? (there's another word I can't remember - maybe eloquent....hmm) writer? It makes me wish I was still the passionate bookworm and writer I used to be as a kid and teen. Goal of the year, hehe.

By the 'other side,' I did sort of mean necromantic. I suppose I was imagining it as the astral, but I'm guessing people would equate how I'm using that word with it..

In my imagination I was seeing something like human spirits, but behaving ...not as immanent or emotionally energetic as ghosts, but more ethereally and on a more distant or stellar plane or further than that possibly, like near or under heaven or maybe actually way under or maybe simply meandering the infinite void of possibility or the spiritual cosmos.... like shades or maybe echos of who they were as living beings, their personalities or astral bodies slipped off from wherever their souls have gone, still somehow making contact with us but kinda weakly or mildly or gently since they're not 'charged' the way a more 'physical' spirit might be. But maybe through the deck, in a rare sort of way for them, they're being seen, and they may be alarmed or curious or pleased or performing or just being witnessed (and maybe also witnessing) this sudden intrusion (possibly even voyeurism?) or appearance of the reader and/or querant.

But I also haven't gotten to open the actual deck yet. I feel like I was disappointed at first once I realized they weren't actually from Klimt paintings, but reproductions. Klimt's paintings are sensual and earthy, all rounded edges and crammed with life, and these pointed pencil sketches initially felt like hollow ghosts of them. But somehow after reading reviews and looking at the images I was able to appreciate them in a different way. Maybe that's where my impression of the spirit world or other side came more fully into play. Klimt's paintings are the subjects living, and Atanassov's sketches of them are like impressions or ghosts of them. It does seem like Judith I isn't in there though. I keep looking, but maybe I'm wrong? I know Judith II is.

I like that your experience of is so firmly Pentacles though, it's giving me a different impression of the deck. I was worried I wouldn't know how to use it exactly, in a practical way. Also it's just interesting to me that our experiences of it (I haven't even opened it yet, what am I talking about :lol: ) are so polar. Mine has been very air-y and liminal in comparison to your more earthy experience with it.

I am also supposed to be 'earning' it though :D Technically I have the go-ahead now, but I'm thinking I want to see how much more I can save anyway....

edit: Oh wow! I really like the thread you've made. I'm going to be reading it and checking out this book. That's a really interesting exercise too, thank you for sharing!
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I can see how one can see the deck as a tool that can peer into the hidden world. The characters in the cards do have an ethereal feel that can seem disturbingly unearthly at times. You're right - it's surprising how two readers can interpret the same deck in different ways. You can't get any more divergent than air and earth lol. You did give me a new perspective on the element of Air tho. One usually relates it to the intellect, rationality, communication, etc. I guess its shadow aspect can reflect the spiritual sphere. I'm going to have to explore that angle.

Also: I didn't see Judith I in any of the cards too.

And thanks for your comment about my Gracian thread. I see this deck as a font of wisdom that can dispense practical advice, suggest stratagems or tactics, shine a light on blind spots for persistent problems, etc. Through that exercise, I connect the different aphorisms to the card that mirrors it best, so that when I draw that card in a future reading, in my mind I may reference that maxim as a hint to a possible solution.

I hope that you'd connect well with your Klimt, Astralpasta. I can just imagine the worlds that you can explore with it. :)
Start strong
End stronger
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Oh! The shadow side of Air. That's a great way of looking at it. I just watched this fascinating video on the Mary El Tarot by SacredSeed, and she defines it as a Marseilles deck, which shocked the hell out of me, and goes on to discuss the Swords and Wands suit in this deck. I encourage you to watch it sometime for the Swords commentary. The shadow side of air is something magnificent in this deck. Also, I noticed it's on your profile's deck collection, haha. I'm planning on getting the 2nd Edition (or reprint of it) hopefully soon. I love the new 3 of Swords and the other new cards too. The Hierophant that always put me off has changed too, though I know some people like that rendition.

I love how specific your relationship with the Klimt is. I wish more people made reviews that were that specific, I'm kind of tired of folks labeling something a review, like on youtube, but really they're just giving first impressions or specs. That's fine too, if it's labeled as a first impression or unboxing or whatever, but I'm kind of tired of 30 minute videos labeled reviews where the only comments are 'wow, pretty' and 'oh, look at this one.' *exasperated sigh* /rant over

I'm reading through all of them slowly :) I can see how useful they would be for meditations. It's very interesting, and the cards you pick are fitting and thought-provoking too. That's a fascinating correspondence system to have developed.

That's a shame. Maybe I'll see if I can get a Judith I spreadcloth or something....sounds a bit busy though. :lol:

Thank you! I'm looking forward to receiving the deck! haha. Thanks for chatting with me about this.

Alright *prods forum members* Lets keep having folks fill these out! This is fun :mrgreen:

Return to “Misc. Topics about The Cult of Tarot Forum”