This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

One Card, One Sentence Game

A place to comment about the forum. (Please See Guidelines)
Forum rules
Forum Guidelines: Use this space for questions and comments about the forum.

Please do not post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.
KissMeKwik
Seer

One Card, One Sentence Game

Post by KissMeKwik »

I joined this forum hoping to play this game like during the days on AT. I will start it for us!

Rules are simple: poster asks a one sentence question, and the next person to post below them answers that question with one tarot card which should be translated into one sentence only. That person then asks their question for the next person replying to answer.

---------
For example:

(Poster #1)
"Will I pass my driving exam?"

(Next person to reply in thread)
The Chariot
Yes, it looks like you will pass with flying colors!

What can I do to get a promotion?
---------

Got it? Okay, good! I will start off the thread by asking the first question:

Will I end up in place C for awhile?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: One Card, One Sentence Game

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi KissMeKwik!

So glad you have joined us!

Funny you should post this idea today because we were just having a discussion in another thread about starting a similar but different game.

I was actually just working out the details of how to present it.

It has to do with Lenormand though, not tarot.

I'm not opposed to this "One card, One Sentence" game if people are into it although I was hoping to do something to make it "ours" if you know what I mean. I really didn't want this to be a "nostalgia" forum.

I stated it this way in the "Protocol" section (link in the menu bar):

A Polite Request: There are certain very popular threads that are extremely well covered on other forums. We see no need to repeat them here exactly as they appear on other forums and would greatly appreciate everyone resisting the temptation to revive those oft-used threads here at Cult of Tarot. However, if you want to update a concept, put a new twist (and title) on it, then by all means please do. Thank you for your understanding and contributing to the originality of this forum.

What do you think? Can we tweak it some?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
KissMeKwik
Seer

Post by KissMeKwik »

Oh yes certainly! Feel free to modify/delete this thread as you'd like. I'm up for something new!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

KissMeKwik wrote: โ†‘14 Aug 2018, 13:27 Oh yes certainly! Feel free to modify/delete this thread as you'd like. I'm up for something new!
Maybe we could start with the name? Any ideas?

For example, I'm pretty sure we are the only forum who's decks are delivered by the "Deck Stork". ๐Ÿ˜‰ (thanks Willowy)

Another example of an original twist is "My Planetary Week" which is an original all-round update of the "Deck of the Week" concept. (thanks Nemia)
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

We could just call it The Sentence Game? Key features are ask a question, get a single sentence reply. It could be one tarot card, it could be five Lenormand cards or it could be a mish mash of runes and newspaper cuttings :)
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

oh yes this could be great fun!
ask one question, answer with one sentence but you are allowed to get that sentence any way you want, so get out your tea leaves, crystals or open a book and close your eyes and see where your pencil lands.... :P :P :P :P :P
you can even create a complete tableau.... as long as you keep the reply to one sentence
would love to try out some new divination tools for this one.....
iโ€™m all in for it!
so thank you kissmekwik! and joan marie! and charlotte!
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

CharlotteK wrote: โ†‘14 Aug 2018, 14:04 We could just call it The Sentence Game? Key features are ask a question, get a single sentence reply. It could be one tarot card, it could be five Lenormand cards or it could be a mish mash of runes and newspaper cuttings :)
That's wild Charlotte!
It would give people a chance to experience all kinds of divination methods in such a fun way.

And I think the ongoing thread would be so interesting all the time.
KissMeKwik
Seer

Post by KissMeKwik »

CharlotteK wrote: โ†‘14 Aug 2018, 14:04 We could just call it The Sentence Game? Key features are ask a question, get a single sentence reply. It could be one tarot card, it could be five Lenormand cards or it could be a mish mash of runes and newspaper cuttings :)
Yes! I like this as well! Sounds different and fun!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I think to start it we should move this thread and start a fresh one. I wrote this following description of the game. Let me know if it sounds about right and we can get it started.

------

The Sentence Game

Rules are simple: Poster asks a one sentence question, and the next person to post below them, answers that question with a one-sentence answer.

That person then asks their question for the next person who replies to answer.

So, how is the question answered? That is entirely up to you! You can answer with a single Tarot card or do a spread if you like. For some, a 5-card Lenormand reading lends especially well to the sentence format. Or do a complete Tableu if you like. And Oracle cards too of course.

But this game is not limited to divination with cards! All forms of divination are encouraged! Break out your pendulums and scrying mirrors, your crystals, runes and newspaper clippings. Tea Leaves? Absolutely! Throw a dart at a map or open a book and close your eyes and see where your pencil lands!

Entrails? Okay, ew...no animals should be harmed for this game, please.

In all seriousness, the idea is to give everyone who plays The Sentence Game a chance to experience all kinds of divination and provide a fun way to practice our arts with each other.

You are also encouraged to post pictures of your cards or whatever tools you use and even a brief explanation of your method if it will help clarify your one-sentence answer.

That's all there is to it! Let the divinations begin with Cult of Tarot's The Sentence Game!

EDIT: Would it be too weird to call it "The Divine Sentence Game" ??
KissMeKwik
Seer

Post by KissMeKwik »

Sounds great! Let's do this! 8-)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I went ahead and opened it up!
viewtopic.php?f=66&p=2048#p2048

Thanks everyone, mostly KissMeKwik for starting trouble today :lol: and to CharlotteK for the amazing twist on the idea. ;)

I really hope it catches on.

Return to โ€œMisc. Topics about The Cult of Tarot Forumโ€