This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Seven of Swords - Personality

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
AstralPasta
Sage

Seven of Swords - Personality

Post by AstralPasta »

How would you see the Seven of Swords in someone's natal chart, or as a part of someone's personality?

It's Moon in Aquarius.

I heard it talked a bit on the Moon episode of Fortune’s Wheelhouse. They both have Moon in Aquarius. I do too.

It's a card associated with guile, tricksters, unconventional approaches, thievery, cheating, plagiarism, cunning, covertness, manipulation?, disguise, lies, 'futility,' robin hooding, rebellion, wolf in sheeps clothing, mischief, doing whatever it takes, excuses, resourcefulness, etc.

Some positive, but mostly kinda negative seeming. I'm not sure how to make this more of a balanced picture as personality traits.

I'm interested in your take, whether you're coming from the Thoth or RWS. The Thoth one mainly makes me think of cognitive distortions to be overcome.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
archimedes
Sage

Re: Seven of Swords - Personality

Post by archimedes »

I always feel the context is a really big thing, and this relates to formal, psychologicl personality assessment as well as a reading like this. You have the genetic tendency and you have social influences; you have the trait, and you have its context.

Being manipulative could be a negative trait if you're just using people to get your own ends, but if it's combined with a sense of morality, it could mean good leadership, and being able to influence people to improve performance and so on. Being an unconventional Robin Hood? That's a good thing!
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
Tor
Seer

Re: Seven of Swords - Personality

Post by Tor »

AstralPasta wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 06:18 How would you see the Seven of Swords in someone's natal chart, or as a part of someone's personality?

It's Moon in Aquarius.

I heard it talked a bit on the Moon episode of Fortune’s Wheelhouse. They both have Moon in Aquarius. I do too.

It's a card associated with guile, tricksters, unconventional approaches, thievery, cheating, plagiarism, cunning, covertness, manipulation?, disguise, lies, 'futility,' robin hooding, rebellion, wolf in sheeps clothing, mischief, doing whatever it takes, excuses, resourcefulness, etc.

Some positive, but mostly kinda negative seeming. I'm not sure how to make this more of a balanced picture as personality traits.

I'm interested in your take, whether you're coming from the Thoth or RWS. The Thoth one mainly makes me think of cognitive distortions to be overcome.
When I think of Moon in Aquarius I think of emotional freedom.

I can look at this card as "necessary protection". Though one might not be showing ones finest side, it's necessary for the time being.

I like this card - it's one of the good ones among the swords in my humble opinion, because one are allowed to "rot in the sofa" when this card comes up ;-)

Tor
Time is desire

Return to “Cards and Spreads”