This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Celtic Cross

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
Geoff-1951
Seeker

Celtic Cross

Post by Geoff-1951 »

Hello all,

Hope I have got the right forum.

I have a question concerning the Celtic Cross. When you reach the crossing card – how do you read it – upright or reversed?

Regards
Geoff
You never get a second chance to make a first impression (services education officer - 1992)
Tomatosauce
Sybil

Re: Celtic Cross

Post by Tomatosauce »

Since the crossing card represents things that oppose or are a barrier to you, in some ways, it's kind of positionally reversed, no? I spend less time wondering if I should read the meaning of the card as upright or reversed, and more thinking about the ways in which the thing the card represents could be causing a problem for the querent.

Like if the Ten of Cups shows up as the crossing card, it's less important that the card is read upright or reversed and more a signal that something pertaining to family and sense of home or belonging is a problem for the querent- it might be that the have a dysfunctional or toxic family situation, or it might be that their desire for a family is keeping them from living their unattached life to the fullest, or it might be that they see their family obligations as a barrier to living a life of adventure and they need to come to terms with that somehow.

ALSO I frequently read the crossing card as a literal bridge between the cards on either side. How does the crossing card connect what is before and what is ahead?
Geoff-1951
Seeker

Re: Celtic Cross

Post by Geoff-1951 »

Thank you for that informative insight :-)

Geoff
You never get a second chance to make a first impression (services education officer - 1992)

Return to “Cards and Spreads”