This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
kare
Sage

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by kare »

I made my first pre-order ever for the Divine Animals Oracle (artist Kinga Britschgi), release date September 1, 2019. Britschgi did the art for the Queen of the Moon Oracle, book by Stacey Demarco. They pair up again for this new oracle. I am a big fan of Britschgi's art, and the Queen of the Moon deck was nicely conceptualized with an insightful book. I think I can't go wrong. And now I can't wait.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

just went to the post office to collect my Wild Messenger Alchemical Tarot deck, guidebook and tarot cloth. it is absolutely stunning, i’ve just got to share some pics! it was a kickstarter i backed a while ago and i think that this is one of my most beautifully executed decks ever.... (though nothing beats the Dust II Onyx!) (or the Brady)
can’t wait to start using it for my next celestial week!

867DED86-B9C9-4234-8015-E015925EB0A7.jpeg
401F082F-F023-498C-B652-DEAF2AB71C2D.jpeg
180E14CB-FFB8-447A-95D8-FA7853705D4B.jpeg
E5CF3185-EBF3-4B2D-A494-CA720BE2A541.jpeg
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

stronglove wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 12:25 just went to the post office to collect my Wild Messenger Alchemical Tarot deck, guidebook and tarot cloth. it is absolutely stunning, i’ve just got to share some pics!
How exciting! I hope we can add this one to the Library of decks soon!

Beautiful pics.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

@stronglove, this is beautiful!
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

I am impatiently awaiting the Blood Moon tarot which I backed on Kickstarter. Honestly, I feel like we are not getting fantastic updates about a deck which was supposed to have already shipped. She’s still working on the minors and wants to release a deck we will all love. I bought an extra copy for my oldest.

I am patiently awaiting the Spirit Keeper’s Tarot by Benebell Wenn. She is fabulous with updates and between Bell and her husband, they seem to have thhis whole timing and production thing dialed in. She is also working on a Braille version of the Spirit Keeper’s with 30 cards. This news made me go from really admiring to feeling some love for her generous spirit.

And finally I backed the Ark. Kickstarter sent me confirmation but later said I’m a backer but later wouldn’t let me comment stuff because I wasn’t a backer. Seriously frustrating.

I recently received (in March) a couple of Pablo Robledo decks and, more recently, the Ancestral Path Tarot. Admitting you have a problem is the first step. 🤣
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
kare
Sage

Post by kare »

I just purchased Tarot of a Moon Garden for $16 on Barnes and Noble. I also want to find the original companion book, not the lwb the deck comes with now. I have been keeping my eye out for the book and only found it for really high prices. I am now on a search for it at an affordable price. Wish me luck.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I promised myself that after my first Marseille purchase (a gold-plated kind of kitsch, well nightmare is a bit harsh, let's say mistake) my next Marseille would be a beautiful old historic model. (the worst thing about the gold cards is I actually have to stand over them to see them. All light just glares off them. )

And then I went and bought Marshmallow Marseille.

Ever since I posted it in our Library of Decks I just can hardly take my eyes off of it. Something about it just really gets me. It's like ice cream.

It is supposed to ship some time in May. I really can't wait.

Someday I will buy a grown-ups Marseille deck, but until then...
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I'm waiting for the True Black Tarot to arrive (will be some weeks yet). I was umming and ahhing over whether to get it for a while, mainly because of the cost, but decided to go for it. Can't wait to try them out when they come.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I sold quite a lot of decks with the intention of absolutely definitely downsizing and then went and got some more. Recent Tarot acquisitions include Healing Light, Brady, Trippin' Waite, Rackham, Moonchild, Triumph of Life, Starman and Gilded Royale. Also waiting on the Postman for the Thomson Leng by Tarot Collectibles. So much for downsizing :P
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

got into some serious money, and though there are tons of important things to spend it on (like major maintenance jobs in my house) i went on a little online shopping spree with beth at little red tarot. so now the moonchild tarot, the supra oracle and guidebook, the practical magic tarot and the nocturna oracle are on their way to yours truly.... and no custom fees this time, yay!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

ah, forgot to mention two more crystal decks bought at book depostitory. crystals: the stone deck by andrew smart and judy hall’s crystal wisdom healing oracle
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I do like these threads. I'm waiting for the shipping confirmation to the black and white Tarot of the Holy Light! Very excited about this, waiting with bated breath. :!:
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Hey, guys!

I just preordered Le Beau Monde Tarot Deck, https://www.swingandsparrow.com/ a deck of Regency fashion illustrations.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you missed out the the Tarot of Jane Austen, you might like this!

The minors are pips: Candles, Parasols, Fans and Reticules. There are some samples on Kickstarter of the pips. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52 ... au%20monde
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Dear old deck stork. I'm waiting for Benebell Wen's Spirit Keeper's Tarot. Today, the pdf of the Book of Maps arrived. I feel that this deck is special and hopefully on one level with the Tabula Mundi - and I don't say that lightly.
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

I am also waiting my deck to arrive, expected to reach my door step on August or September. Can't wait !
Canid
Seeker

Post by Canid »

kare wrote: 27 Apr 2019, 18:18 I just purchased Tarot of a Moon Garden for $16 on Barnes and Noble. I also want to find the original companion book, not the lwb the deck comes with now. I have been keeping my eye out for the book and only found it for really high prices. I am now on a search for it at an affordable price. Wish me luck.
Moon Garden was my 2nd deck, we tend to be a bit nostalgic about our ‘firsts’. I do anyway. Yeah, the book is way cool, I was lucky enough to get the kit when it came out. It includes rituals for each card & even some recipes.
Canid
Seeker

Post by Canid »

I just got Inner Child & am waiting for Rackham Tarot *foot tapping*. I’d really like to repurchase Tarot of the Spirit World, I’ve misplaced it *sniffle*.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Modern Spellcaster's!
Start strong
End stronger
inomminate
Sybil

Post by inomminate »

My Flornoy Jean Noblet Tarot just came. I love the deck but what really pleased me was the hand written message that came with it>
Photo on 12-06-2019 at 12.58.jpg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Wow, how I love this thread. I've become so unbelievably frugal and don't buy anymore what I can't afford but but but... a lovely and wonderful gift is on its way to me, and it's the Carnival at the End of the World Tarot! I love the Eisbergfreistadt playing cards by the same artists. Giddy with joy! And of course the Spirit Keeper's Tarot, my birthday present, is also getting closer. I appreciate every deck so much more now than at my crazy deck-buying times :lol:
Canid
Seeker

Post by Canid »

I just ordered Slow Tarot.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Ahh Ahh AHHH MY SPIRIT KEEPER DECK IS GONNA SHIP NEXT WEEK!!! AAAHH!

I'm so surprised, I thought I'd be at the end of the cycle!!! Whaaat?! My partner's too, I ordered it for him. We haven't even got our stuff printed yet!!!

I've been practicing the ritual coloring regardless and I got a bunch of Prismacolor markers "cackles* though I still need to get sky blue (online shopping 🧐 shopping for colors requires...research). Michael's had a special. I swear those markers are about as addictive as buying decks.....😤

I also have their colored pencils. This whole thing started off with curioisty and because I sort of identify as an artist and I wanted it to be right before it entered The Book. But I don't know how to blend, so I've gone through two copies of the magician. I'm learning so that's good. I don't know how to blend, yet I start off trying to shade an irridescent purple-green snake....by watching tutorials on how to color a pearl since YouTube turned me up cold. Wish me luck.

Also I got myself the Tarot of the Sweet Twilight 🥰 I don't get it, I really don't, but I saw it and it felt so familiar (beyond the whole Tim Burtonesque style) as in places I've been and people I've been as a young one and still am. The symbols all felt right too. I don't normally like that art style or colors. In fact normally I feel repulsed. But it felt like home?? Between that and the Sakki-sakki, I've got my inner child and inner teen decks figured out. Something about them makes room for us kids from broken homes and/or dysfunctional families too, to put it lightly.

Also sort of reminds me of Neil Gaiman stories and Oingo Boingo / Danny Elfman for some reason. And of course, the emo scene. Haha. I didn't have the emo phase (I was invited to sit with them at lunch but was too anxious to really sit with anyone as a teen), so maybe I can live vicariously through the images in this deck 😉 Also, the cat on the magician. My heart! 🥺

I've made it to 16 decks folks. I've made it to the little leagues. My wishlist has become refined now, gonna update me profile soon. They're now around 6 decks at the cost of the previous 20, which is probably for the best. I also have the Halloween deck I get to redeem via boyfriend in 3 weeks (reaching the "save $300" goal) which I'm super excited about. And the Klimt at $600 after that. Yesss. That's more Deck Banker than Stork, but you know.

edit:

I've got more of a ranking now I'm seeing. Shadowscapes, Sakki-sakki, Numinous, and now Sweet Twilight are all on top, and I predict the Halloween and Spirit Keeper's may come near if not enter this Heart tier. Next are Britt's 3rd Eye, Persephone, and Universal Waite in terms of deck I use often. In fact, I probably use the Persephone one the most, for deity communication.

The rest either I don't have in my hot little hands yet or require study or time that I'm still trying to figure out how to manage with the decks I really want to work with. Maybe I'll pull a page (is that the idiom) from Supportive Tarot and do a deck a month thing and journal with it.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh the slippery slope of tarot collecting ;-)

I'm so excited about the Spirit Keeper's Tarot, I watch Benebell's videos and really prepare myself for the decks' arrival. It's still in San Francisco :lol:
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Same :mrgreen: I keep telling witchy leaning folks about it because I don't want them to miss out, but it's probably also just an excuse to keep talking about it 😅 And because I'm so excited!!!! I get the feeling they'll find their right homes one way or another, but still! It really is an investment.

Its making me think. I want the Tarot of Magical Correspondences. Like, a lot. But I also don't yet have the education to appreciate it, and money wise I shouldn't be spending all that right now. I'd also like to be able to buy it at a time when I can appreciate it, almost also as a reward for all the hard work I've done to earn this crazy and elegant deck. But I'm also scared it'll go out of print.

But I've also managed to become aware of, come to appreciate, and then nab a copy of the Spirit Keeper's tarot with pretty impressive timing considering how these windows go. So maybe, what's meant to be is what's meant to be? Especially since these are effectively magical objects (and with these sort of heavy duty esoteric decks possibly to the point of being talismanic). I guess some trust and centeredness is required. Instead of being afraid of you changing/adapting/maturing and the desire waning or whatever. I guess it really is desire that "seizes" and drives and rebels against you and your better judgement.

There's also curating and planning though. I'm also coming from a reckless and broke @#& &+$@# perspective though, hahaha, budgeting for a collection is different.

I am glad anyway since I've bought a lot of decks since September (I came here and talked about some frustrations before about being unexpectedly disappointed with a deck) so I've learned a bit about what I like in a deck.

I've learned not to get "ooh that'd be a good idea" decks. Because then they sit on the shelf until you have enough time to learn about XYZ which is never, you would've learned it already if you really cared about XYZ, or whatever. Also size matters / is a deterrent. I don't like minimalist decks, but they can be clear readers. It's better to buy decks from people who know tarot, lmao. Big boxes are useless if you can put the deck back in after. Also I like cartoony, drawn, painted, whatever people-y decks set in otherworldly environments. I love bright and vivid colors. Humor is good, but it's gotta be classy or unexpected. I need diversity to connect, or odd colors of different hues.

I've also found out I *do* like oracle decks, I'm just particular! I like mixed media whimsical or literary sort of collage, but not if there's people in it! It's so weird. And that oracles kind of fill in the gaps that tarot can't reach by being structured. It's so interesting. I like ....how there's your head brain, and "gut brain" (it's a thing, don't totally understand it but google it, there's a book called the Mind-Gut Connection I think). I think there's a third but I can't remember. So a different processing center. Also the romance of divination is probably felt more with oracles, and they can be powerful sort of compact systems themselves in a different way, on occasion. Mostly they seem like the smoke or the holy spirit of the Trinity, if that makes sense. Interesting.

Ok sorry for rambling in the Deck Stork thread!!! Hahaha, just excited, haven't been here in a while 😁
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Time for a stork update!

I received my Business Class Tarot. Still working on (um, more like thinking about starting) a proper deck review of it for you all.

I just ordered Affirmators! Tarot and the Herbcrafter's Tarot. So different, one very light and tongue in cheek, the other very seriously witchy-spiritual, but I want them both!

I got the email that Le Beau Monde Tarot has shipped. I'm curious to find out if this is just a silly idea or a reader for me . . .

And I don't know when to expect the Ark Animal Tarot & Oracle Deck from the Kickstarter. I think it's still being printed.

And that's everything highlighted on my collection list (meaning I've ordered it but not received it yet). (Yes, I might be a little too Knight of Swords when it comes to my decks . . . and maybe 7 of Cups, too!)
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”