This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Decks Inventory

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
Myperception
Sage

Decks Inventory

Post by Myperception »

Would you all mind to share with me, in what kind of situation will you increased your decks? Be it Tarot, Lenormand, Oracle, Healing, Angel, Playing cards etc.

When will you feel like need to purchase new deck? Or will you do deck shopping on monthly basis?

I have a little strong desire to buy some deck recently, i am not sure is this a normal situation everyone of you will face or it's me getting more greedy :shock:
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Decks Inventory

Post by Charlie Brown »

It's easy to get caught up in wanting more decks. For me, I try to adopt a strong policy of not getting any more decks unless I have a specific need for it. All my decks pretty much have specific purposes in what they're used for. Unfortunately, this means that I don't get decks that I would otherwise like, such as the Dark Carnival or the Pagan Otherworlds but, on the bright side, I still have the 100+ dollars that those two decks would cost.

When I say each deck has a role, I mean something like this:
I might, someday, need a Thoth for a study deck.
I could use a miniature TdM so that I can read large tableau spreads on my table
I'd like to see if one of those modern pip decks by Fournier will read at all like TdM so that I can start using that for people at bars or the like.

None of these are a priority though, so I haven't bought. THere's a mini-edition of the Millennium TdM coming this year, so that will probably be the next deck I buy. Perhaps if we're all going to be doing these intuitive exercises, then I'll need something new.

More decks won't make you a better reader.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Libra
Sage

Post by Libra »

I used to get a lot of decks out of the whole "oooh shiny!!" mentality - I feed every pretty deck I could get my hands on. I found that often, through, pretty decks don't really dive too deep for me. So now, I only but then when I get a specific resonance to the imagery, it feels like an echo to my soul.

I've found that for my personal exploration of my self, new, unfamiliar decks tend to give me new more to work with. Familiar decks work best with client readings. So I do pick up new decks on a regular basis - not a quick one, but regularly. Every year or so, probably!
Intuitive tarot to inspire & empower @ www.ResonatingReadings.com
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Myperception wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 13:05
I have a little strong desire to buy some deck recently, i am not sure is this a normal situation everyone of you will face or it's me getting more greedy :shock:
ahhh...decklust.....so easy to catch.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i guess everyone on this forum has been there and done that! i for sure have.... last month i got greedy again and backed three kickstarters, but a couple of days later i withdrew all three pledges. i have decided to buy no more decks (apart from the fantastic menagerie tarot, if that gets a reprint) instead i am getting rid of the decks that i don’t use and i am not replacing them with new ones. (i have a huge collection though, so i will not go without :P :P :P )
and i am spending quality time with the decks i have. and loving it.
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

:lol: decklust..... this is really funny but so true ! I am now having 7 decks for tarot and lenormand, hesitate to add more caused i do not wana caught in a situation feeling difficult to decide which deck to pick for reading or practise :lol: but i am looking at oracle deck, cause i never have 1, seeing can i learn some new things from it? Anyone of you using oracle deck? Can share some opinions?

Charlie Brown, i can't imagine you are considering Dark Carnival deck ! :D But the Pagan Otherwolds impressed me.

Thanks for all your opinions. It helps. I am only getting Spirit Keeper's Tarot deck, i fall in love at first sight, just can't get my eyes off it :lol:
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Myperception wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 12:11 Anyone of you using oracle deck? Can share some opinions?
You might want to take a look at the Library of Decks
We've aded several decks to the Oracles section recently (and many more to come).

Most were submitted by stronglove from her impressive collection. They're just wonderful.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Myperception wrote: 09 Apr 2019, 12:11 Anyone of you using oracle deck? Can share some opinions?

Sure! i love oracle decks! about one third of my collection is oracle decks. i tend to use them in my tarot readings, to extract extra ‘layers’ of meaning from the cards, to give them more depth. and i almost always have one or two oracle cards on my altar, for daily inspiration or focus. some of my favorites are the lunar nomad oracle, the illuminated earth oracle, wee star oracle, l’oracle bleu, oracle of initiation
just look for artwork that attracts you and check if the keywords tick your ‘spiritual buttons’, then you can’t go wrong.
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”