This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

A List of New Decks

New Features, New Groups, New People, and more.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: A List of New Decks

Post by Joan Marie »

This is unbelievable Amoroso.
Did you get a chance to make sure that these decks you've listed are not on Aeclectic's list?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I looked all those decks up. Amoroso, this is wonderful! Now all I have to do is pray that some of the artists want me to write a review :-D

Joan Marie, I wish these independent artists were here on CoT to introduce their decks to us. Wow, the Pentimento! Tattoo! Children of Litha! Light Seer and Muse!!!!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Nemia wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 15:04 I looked all those decks up. Amoroso, this is wonderful! Now all I have to do is pray that some of the artists want me to write a review :-D

Joan Marie, I wish these independent artists were here on CoT to introduce their decks to us. Wow, the Pentimento! Tattoo! Children of Litha! Light Seer and Muse!!!!
I know. As this list builds my intention is to reach out to the artists. We shall see what develops from all this effort. There are so many possibilities. I too would love to see your thoughtful and insightful reviews of all these extraordinary decks.

There is so much we can do together.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh, forget my little ego dreams ;-))))

I share your vision of giving tarot artists a place where they can vent, try out ideas and see how their decks work in the hands of readers. It's simply amazing how much artistic and tarotistic potential exists - and the Internet set them free. If US Games, Koenigsfurt and Lo Scarabeo were still sharing the market between themselves, we wouldn't see this wonderful fertile land of new independent decks. I love it. Wish I could have them all :lol:
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Joan Marie wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 13:32 This is unbelievable Amoroso.
Did you get a chance to make sure that these decks you've listed are not on Aeclectic's list?
Just now I double-checked the titles I've posted so far and the only ones that appeared in the AT List are the Money Tarot and the Illuminated Tarot (Keegan). My apologies.

Aside from those two, they're all clear.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I took note of a few things:

The Simple Tarot that I posted is different from the one in AT with the same name. So is the Babylonian (which I should have listed as New Babylonian) and the Revelation. This is also the case for the Fairytale, which is a deck in progress. AT has a Homestuck Tarot, but the one that I posted is the Sequel.

I don't know of this is relevant, but aside from the decks in this post (which I've labeled as still in progress), AFAIK most of the other decks that I've listed have either been published or will be released soon. Some might not be tho.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Nemia wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 15:04 I looked all those decks up. Amoroso, this is wonderful! Now all I have to do is pray that some of the artists want me to write a review :-D
Glad you liked them, Nemia. I'll be posting more later.
Start strong
End stronger
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Okay cool. I'm just amazed at how many there are. Thank you so much for checking.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Glad to be of help, Joan Marie. What's surprising too is the number of indie decks that are rather popular but somehow escaped AT's radar. Here's some of them:

BRuT Tarot

Eros: The Garden of Love Tarot

Le Jeu de Tarot

Hermes Playing Card Oracle

New York Lenormand

Light Grey Tarot

Spirit Speak Tarot

Divina Tarot

Pastel Magic Tarot

Kaleidadope Tarot
Start strong
End stronger
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oooh, I want the Wicked Pack of Cards so much! Once I already bought it but had to cancel the order (had to pay an urgent bill). It's the darkest deck I know. I thought (was afraid) that he shut down his store. Wow, what a tough tough deck. It's darker than the Night Sun and Deviant Moon together - unflinching, clear-cut, cruel. I really want that deck!

ETA: I see there are only two left :( :( :( :(
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I didn't realize that the Wicked Pack is such a dark deck. Looking at the images closely, yeah I can see it. I don't know of a deck that portrayed Strength as slitting one's own throat, literally. All of the majors and courts have people in them, and they look like a rather murderous lot.

The color combinations are superb.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Nemia is right, this thread can be enabling. Seems like I overestimated my mental fortitude. It's a good thing my local store has some Uusi decks, but I didn't really imagine that I'd grab three. I just told myself that at least the designs are classic, the materials are ne plus ultra etc.

Seriously mulling getting the Ultimate Deck by Stranger & Stranger. I've got 3 other indie decks on my radar but I really have to stop.
Start strong
End stronger
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Great! I have several ready to go up tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get Pen's new deck up there too.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

CharlotteK wrote: 08 Nov 2018, 22:32 Star Wars Tarot -https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/5531657 ... tarot-deck
Those are super cute! And I am not even a Star Wars fan.
Thanks!
Ana Luisa
Seeker

Post by Ana Luisa »

Has Textured Tarot been included ?

Return to “News & Updates”