This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Decks For Men

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Amoroso
Sage

Decks For Men

Post by Amoroso »

What decks would your recommend for guys? I only have the Gods and Titans Oracle and I like it a lot. I'm looking at the Sol Invictus Tarot and the Promethean Oracle because that's what a lady friend suggested and I like them too.
Start strong
End stronger
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Decks For Men

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm not sure what exactly makes a deck specifically for men or women. If something speaks to you then go for it. Speaking for myself, I think the classic decks tend to resonate with how I understand my masculine energy: RWS, Thoth, a quality Marseille. These are timeless touchstones like a brown leather wallet or a glass of Macallan 12.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I don't have a big collection but I do have the Thoth, Centennial, and Madenie so I guess I've got the basics covered.
Start strong
End stronger
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Post by RavenOfSummer »

I agree with Charlie Brown, that a tarot deck for a man is anything that appeals to that particular man!

If you're looking for a deck that has a more masculine energy, some decks I've heard discussed in that category include: the three Dragon Tarots (the decks by Baraldi, Suckling, and Pracownik respectively); Modern Spellcasters Tarot; Viking Tarot; Son Tarot; Night Sun Tarot; Tarot of the Holy Light; Norse Tarot; Dark Grimoire Tarot. The decks you mention are also ones I've heard good things about. Also, check out this list at Aeclectic: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/masculine.shtml. Hope you find something that speaks to you!
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Thanks RavenOfSummer. Going to check out the Holy Light and Modern Spellcasters. In the link you posted, I'm interested in the Tarot D.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Just adding this deck:

Tarot of the Divine Masculine

Looks like it hasn't been published yet.
Start strong
End stronger
Sinister
Seer

Post by Sinister »

Charlie Brown wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 06:21 I'm not sure what exactly makes a deck specifically for men or women. If something speaks to you then go for it. Speaking for myself, I think the classic decks tend to resonate with how I understand my masculine energy: RWS, Thoth, a quality Marseille.
I agree with this completely. It depends on the individual rather than their gender, but for me the "classics" fit the bill. (Though i've always been unsure about the Thoth artwork... Maybe I'll give it a go one day).

Another thought upon seeing this thread was the Royo Dark Tarot; although perhaps on a shallow note, it's all the attractive naked/half-naked women that Luis Royo often paints in his artwork that appeals to my 'masculine energy'! ;)
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Have a look at decks created by men. Fabio Listriani, Alex Daniloff, Robert Place and Patrick Valenza, Freder (Duck Soup), Neil Lovell - I don't know exactly what masculine energy is but maybe you have more in common with a male deck creator?
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

The Prisma Visions tarot seems popular with guys. There's also the Everyman Tarot which is adorable. Or maybe I think the creator is adorable. My boyfriend thinks so too.

The Neon Moon seems like it could be popular. I think I'd guess decks made by other guys are a good go. The Wild Unknown seems popular too.

Druidcraft, this dragon one I can't remember, one that seemed Arthurian, one I can't remember that's about Greek mythology. There's a vampire tarot that's popular. The Afro-Brazillian Tarot, orisha tarot, deviant moon,

The Fountain, RWS, Thoth, Marseille, Hermetic, Morgan-Greer, are obvious choices. It's hard finding decks the average guy would like without it being mainly marketed towards women, inscrutably occult, or overly hypermasculine. So it'll depend on taste for sure.

My boyfriend has the Prisma Vision and just got the Mesquite, which seems pretty feminine, but his experience with it is more sharp than sweet, while the Prisma reads as much more nurturing to him. I think he also likes that the court cards are gender neutral because it makes it easier to read regarding people in his life, and read for others, because we have friends that aren't cisgender, or who don't ascribe to the gender binary. I suppose it also depends on how secure the guy is in his masculinity. (If he won't even look at a deck with flowers, pink, etc - thinking of some guys I know tbh).

The Raven's Prophecy. There's a lot of good ones. Tom Benjamin on YouTube has a good collection I think. That's all I got right now (working).
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”