This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Your and Youre

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
juanrossi
Seeker

Your and Youre

Post by juanrossi »

What is the difference between your and you're?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Your and Youre

Post by Joan Marie »

juanrossi wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 15:54 What is the difference between your and you're?
Interesting question on a tarot forum.

Your is possessive, as in "Is this your deck of cards?" or "Your reading was really helpful!"

You're is a contraction of "you" and "are". As in "You're a really good tarot reader!" or "I think you're ready to try Tarot de Marseille!"

I hope you're satisfied with that answer to your question! 😉
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Joan Marie wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 16:03 Your is possessive, as in "Is this your deck of cards?" or "Your reading was really helpful!"
Just in case you don't know what "possessive" means...

"Your" means it belongs to you, so "Your deck of cards" mean The deck of cards that belongs to you.
I believe in Crystal Light.
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

Here's a visual:
juanrossi
Seeker

Post by juanrossi »

Thanks to all. Really useful. I also found this article https://differencebtwn.com/difference-b ... -and-youre

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”