This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Identifying time and emotions in R.W.

Whether you are a beginner or an old hand at Tarot, you never stop learning. This is where Seekers & Sages alike come together to ask questions and share experience.
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION: For beginners and experienced readers alike.

One of the beautiful things about the tarot is that you never stop learning and discovering new and fascinating things.

This is the place to come to share tips and ideas for learning the craft of tarot. Approaching it from many angles and points of view broadens everyone's appreciation and understanding and aids in developing your technique.

Please remember: ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME! ALL RESPONSES APPRECIATED.
shieldofkronus
Seeker

Identifying time and emotions in R.W.

Post by shieldofkronus »

not sure if this is right place to post, but would like feedback on how to identify emotions and time in Tarot.
Example: Someone asks ...well how long before this happens, etc.
Or, how to ID if some is happy, ambivalent, sad, etc. in terms of emotions.

Thank you.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Identifying time and emotions in R.W.

Post by Charlie Brown »

Those are great questions. Timing is a tricky thing with tarot. There's lots of different systems. I've only seen a few readers that I feel confident about their ability to time well. Often, I'll try to redirect the question towards something like: "What has to happen in order for X to occur?

I do have one timing spread that I've had good luck with in the past. I'll try and post it later.
I believe in Crystal Light.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Depends on what system you use. Some do it where the different suits correspond to different time measurements like wands or swords are days, weeks, etc. I think a minority incorporate the golden dawn astrology attributions (the minors each correspond to a 10-day segment of the year). Some do it relationally like Charlie Brown said (after x happens).
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

Vincent Pitisci uses the 8th position of his Celtic Cross to define timing. Not in the sense of "in 3 days" or "the 8th month", but more in terms of the speed, or otherwise, in which we can expect things to happen or what needs to be done or in place before the thing can happen.

He covers this in several videos, but this is the most recent one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0AMPUCPF1Q

You could use a similar approach within whatever spreads you prefer to use.
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Here's the original Parsifal's Wheel spread that I simplify a bit to use for timing. I've had good results with it. Three things to keep in mind are

1) That you can change the timing windows to correlate with what you're trying to time. I've used minutes, quarters of an hour, days, etc. for the shortest window.

2) This spread works much better when there's overlap between the possible times represented by the piles. For example, 10 days overlaps 1 week. 1 month overlaps 10 weeks, etc. This is important when you start making your own custom durations for the piles.

3) I don't use the court cards part of the spread. IMO, it's too fussy and muddies the question. My limited experience is that if you're going to do timing it really only works at all when you're ONLY doing timing.
I believe in Crystal Light.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

Charlie Brown wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 17:27 Here's the original Parsifal's Wheel spread that I simplify a bit to use for timing.
The spread looks useful, thank you, but I also enjoyed the write-up that accompanied it, especially "SWAG (“Scientific Wild-Ass Guess”) mode..." 😂
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
shieldofkronus
Seeker

Post by shieldofkronus »

Thank you all very much and have a sunny day.

Return to “Learning Your Craft”