This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

"Generic" TdM spreads

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

"Generic" TdM spreads

Post by Joan Marie »

Does anyone know any TdM specific spreads that are "public domain" i.e. the Celtic Cross?

I know someone who wants to add them to an lwb for a TdM deck but obviously doesn't want to use any that belong to anyone.

Any help would be great!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
Papageno
Sage

Re: "Generic" TdM spreads

Post by Papageno »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘24 Jun 2020, 12:11 I know someone who wants to add them to an lwb for a TdM deck but obviously doesn't want to use any that belong to anyone.
which begs the question, is this for an upcoming release of a new TdM deck?
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘24 Jun 2020, 12:11 Does anyone know any TdM specific spreads that are "public domain" i.e. the Celtic Cross?

I know someone who wants to add them to an lwb for a TdM deck but obviously doesn't want to use any that belong to anyone.

Any help would be great!
The French Cross is ubiquitous among TdM readers, along with the line of three and line of five.
โ€œYou should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.โ€ -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Here's more on the cross from Wirth via Mary Greer. https://marykgreer.com/2010/02/05/oswal ... ot-spread/
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

Merrick wrote: โ†‘24 Jun 2020, 13:42 [The French Cross is ubiquitous among TdM readers, along with the line of three and line of five.
Merrick beat me to it. ๐Ÿ‘
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Papageno wrote: โ†‘24 Jun 2020, 12:37 which begs the question, is this for an upcoming release of a new TdM deck?
Yes, but it won't be ready for a while, and by the way, it isn't mine.
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

Rachelcat wrote: โ†‘24 Jun 2020, 14:37 Here's more on the cross from Wirth via Mary Greer. https://marykgreer.com/2010/02/05/oswal ... ot-spread/
Mary Greer's blog is a cornucopia of valuable information.
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
_R_
Sybil

Post by _R_ »

See any of the iterations (in English, about 3, and online) of the Grimaud LWB which replies exactly to this question. Cross spread, astrological wheel and variants, etc, are the staples.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thank you so much everybody! This is really helpful.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

_R_ wrote: โ†‘26 Jun 2020, 07:12 See any of the iterations (in English, about 3, and online) of the Grimaud LWB which replies exactly to this question. Cross spread, astrological wheel and variants, etc, are the staples.
I downloaded this from your dropbox link that you left over at TT&M. It looks like this booklet is public domain, is that right? Would it be allowed to copy parts of it (credited of course) to use in another booklet?
_R_
Sybil

Post by _R_ »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘26 Jun 2020, 09:08
_R_ wrote: โ†‘26 Jun 2020, 07:12 See any of the iterations (in English, about 3, and online) of the Grimaud LWB which replies exactly to this question. Cross spread, astrological wheel and variants, etc, are the staples.
I downloaded this from your dropbox link that you left over at TT&M. It looks like this booklet is public domain, is that right? Would it be allowed to copy parts of it (credited of course) to use in another booklet?
I honestly don't know the copyright status of the works. Those booklets are long out of print, and the copyright of the cards has changed hands a number of times in the intervening decades since then. As to the booklets, who knows? It might be best to either paraphrase parts of them, or limit direct quotations to what qualifies as "fair use" in this case, just to be safe. Or you could send Grimaud a message and make an inquiry. (I tried to ask a similar question before, and never received a reply, for what it's worth.)

Return to โ€œCards and Spreadsโ€