This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Nemia
Sage

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by Nemia »

My lwb looks complete and I didn't find a mistake. If they won't send you a new one, I can scan the relevant pages from mine.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

for my birthday i gave myself carte blanche at the book depository, so now i am waiting for the deck stork to bring me the borderless deviant moon tarot, the fairy lights tarot, llewellyn’s medieval tarot, the cosmic tribe tarot, the journey of love oracle and the work your light oracle cards......
i also got patrick valenza’s big illustrated book about the deviant moon, it is awesome, beautiful large images that allow me to explore the artwork and all the details and a lot of background stories about the making of the deviant moon.
would recommend this to anybody who owns the deviant moon or who loves patrick’s art!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pTAvEGqQ4m4
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Oh my gosh. Tinker's Damn and Mantegna have landed. I've opened it and had a flick through but I have the school run to do now so I will have to wait until later to play with it. It looks amazing!

I adored my first edition Tinker's Damn but knowing I was getting the second edition I traded it a few days ago and had an awful feeling afterwards I might regret it. The cardstock was wonderful but now I've see the new version I don't think I will. This one is a triumph. Excellent quality and the Mantegna is beyond exciting. Well done Freder!

20180716_143211.jpg

20180716_143337.jpg

I also ordered Il Menghello Soprafino and Vachetta from Tarotbg. Also very exciting but slightly eclipsed by having Duck Soup in my hot hands.

Now I really have to sell some more decks!
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Nemia wrote: 08 Jul 2018, 09:07 My lwb looks complete and I didn't find a mistake. If they won't send you a new one, I can scan the relevant pages from mine.
Well I had a reply from Fernanda Guerra who has sent me a pdf version. I can ask for a paper version to be sent to me but it would have to be sent all the way from the USA so I am wondering if I can just print it out myself but make it small enough that I can fix the current LWB in the tin.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

CharlotteK wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 13:52 Oh my gosh. Tinker's Damn and Mantegna have landed. I've opened it and had a flick through but I have the school run to do now so I will have to wait until later to play with it. It looks amazing!
I knew if Charlotte got hers, mine could not be far behind and today, there it was!
I love the velvety feel of the box and the quality of the cards is amazing.

It's really a top quality product in every way.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Joan Marie wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 12:04
CharlotteK wrote: 16 Jul 2018, 13:52 Oh my gosh. Tinker's Damn and Mantegna have landed. I've opened it and had a flick through but I have the school run to do now so I will have to wait until later to play with it. It looks amazing!
I knew if Charlotte got hers, mine could not be far behind and today, there it was!

aw (tinker’s) damn..... i bought the first edition tinker’s damn a long while ago, same with the mantegna..... they are in two standard white tuck boxes with a cellophane window...... i want the velvet box !!!!
(and i think the double deck reprint was a lot cheaper than what i paid for the original decks too, especially because i had to pay twice the shipping fee AND the custom taxes....) :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry:
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

stronglove wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 19:55
Joan Marie wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 12:04

aw (tinker’s) damn..... i bought the first edition tinker’s damn a long while ago, same with the mantegna..... they are in two standard white tuck boxes with a cellophane window...... i want the velvet box !!!!
(and i think the double deck reprint was a lot cheaper than what i paid for the original decks too, especially because i had to pay twice the shipping fee AND the custom taxes....) :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry:
Don't cry! The first editions are top notch. The cardstock on this new version is really good but that linen type stock on the first edition is just wonderful. Did you go for a custom back? Mine was tooled leather. I desperately wanted the Mantegna and it was better value to get the new edition deluxe set and trade in my first edition tarot as trying to keep my collection under control. But I will miss it a bit. The new one is fabulous but that first edition felt so wonderful to handle I think you have the very best quality already!
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

The box isn't velvet, just box.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 03:42 The box isn't velvet, just box.
Sorry if I was misleading. I meant it has a unique feel to it, very smooth, velvet-like.
I didn't get the double-deck package, just the single Tinker's Damn.

And I regret now not getting the double set with the Mantegna. :(
It looks amazing.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

CharlotteK wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 20:48 Don't cry! The first editions are top notch. The cardstock on this new version is really good but that linen type stock on the first edition is just wonderful. Did you go for a custom back? Mine was tooled leather. I desperately wanted the Mantegna and it was better value to get the new edition deluxe set and trade in my first edition tarot as trying to keep my collection under control. But I will miss it a bit. The new one is fabulous but that first edition felt so wonderful to handle I think you have the very best quality already!
ahh thank you! 😂😂😂😄😄😄 i feel much better now....😜😜😜 the
i got both decks with multicolored marble backs!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Joan Marie wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 05:34 Sorry if I was misleading. I meant it has a unique feel to it, very smooth, velvet-like.

It looks amazing.
you can still get the first edition mantegna with custom backs. it will cost you though...... but it’s worth it, both decks are awesome and together they just rock! (though i have only used them separately or in combination with other decks, i’m still trying to find ways to shuffle 156 cards at once, lol!)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Joan Marie wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 05:34
Charlie Brown wrote: 18 Jul 2018, 03:42 The box isn't velvet, just box.
Sorry if I was misleading. I meant it has a unique feel to it, very smooth, velvet-like.

It looks amazing.
I missed your original post. I had no idea where she got the idea that the box was velvet. Although I have the double set and it's just boxy box. Nice boxy box though.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Busy day, so just a quick note: I got my Tarot of Brass and Steam and book in the mail yesterday. Did anyone else back that? It was a 2015 Kickstarter that is now complete. I like the art, by various artists but all in the similar steampunk style. I like the card titles, but they're buried in the book. I wish they were printed on the cards. For example, "The Harvester" for Death and "The Rider" for the Princess of Wands.

I already knew they were not going to be illustrated, but I'm still disappointed in the pips. Or no pips. The numbered cards are the illustration of the Ace grayed out with the number printed over it. So not even 5 dirigibles for the 5 of Swords . . . The book says something about the deck being a labor of love, and I see that it's pretty high quality, but I'm still thinking that if it was really a labor of love, more could be done with the pips in 3 years. I guess I'm just feeling judgy.

I'm going to try to figure out if I can read with just majors, courts and aces. There you go. It's not a disappointing deck, it's the trigger for a new reading style project!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

My two Il Meneghello decks turned up a few days ago from Bulgaria. The diminutive Sopfrafino and the larger, more cheery, Naibi di Giovanni Vachetta. Both are gorgeous. I'm officially broke again.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

i just went to the post office to collect my new mysteries of love oracle deck. (and pay $25 custom fees... :cry: :cry: :cry: )
it is really stunning, i think i might do a deck review!

5B568122-47ED-4466-9137-20FDD209CBBC.jpeg
B032365B-7FB2-450D-8F69-70823846F2FC.jpeg
93540023-B52A-4172-821A-3AADB8F7A020.jpeg
39F38066-A30F-4330-8B19-3946B0E394B8.jpeg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'm officially in love with this thread. Broke people enabling each other and showing each other the luxuries they can't afford but need to feed their spirit! What could be greater in this world. Continue to buy, all of you, I see absolutely stunning decks here! Bravo! Long live and prosper the deck stork! :lol:
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Nemia wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 18:31 I'm officially in love with this thread. Broke people enabling each other and showing each other the luxuries they can't afford but need to feed their spirit! What could be greater in this world. Continue to buy, all of you, I see absolutely stunning decks here! Bravo! Long live and prosper the deck stork! :lol:
i second that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

my theta wave oracle is on its way! as is Irene Mudd’s guided hand tarot! and i got news from margeaux jones about her crow tarot, she is sending out decks to the january backers and that’s me! yay! and the considerate cat tarot is going to ship next week too!
so even though my wallet is empty, the deck stork will come my way soon.... sweet anticipation!
let’s hope the carnival at the end of the world will finally ship too, i am getting so fed up with kahn & selesnicks entitled attitude towards their backers..... did anyone here back this deck?
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Adding to my Pierre Madenie with the Jean-Pierre Payen and a Claude Burdel decks from Yves.

How can I not?? They are outstanding quality, beautiful, limited editions costing less than most indie decks go for AND he is Europe so shipping is reasonable.

I want all of Yves' decks of course but the Conver and Chosson will have to wait until I have more money. I hope there will still be some copies left later in the year.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

can i post here about what the deck stork is NOT bringing, due to some powerful restraint on my side.....?
i just threw the tarot napo out of my shopping basket, after having seen a video about it and falling in love with it head over heels.....
omg this was soooo hard..... it was really cheap too! but i promised myself i wouldn’t buy any more decks for a while, preferably until next year, so i am really proud of myself..... but omg i sooo want this deck!!! it is on top of my wishlist now, so maybe as a christmas present......
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

CharlotteK wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 18:38 Adding to my Pierre Madenie with the Jean-Pierre Payen and a Claude Burdel decks from Yves.

How can I not?? They are outstanding quality, beautiful, limited editions costing less than most indie decks go for AND he is Europe so shipping is reasonable.

I want all of Yves' decks of course but the Conver and Chosson will have to wait until I have more money. I hope there will still be some copies left later in the year.
drool...drool....drool..... i want those tooooooo!!!. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

stronglove wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 19:13 can i post here about what the deck stork is NOT bringing, due to some powerful restraint on my side.....?
i just threw the tarot napo out of my shopping basket, after having seen a video about it and falling in love with it head over heels.....
omg this was soooo hard..... it was really cheap too! but i promised myself i wouldn’t buy any more decks for a while, preferably until next year, so i am really proud of myself..... but omg i sooo want this deck!!! it is on top of my wishlist now, so maybe as a christmas present......
Well done you! I wish I could be quite that disciplined. To be fair I am lot choosier these days about what I buy than I was in my major acquisition phase. But when I get the major itch I'm still inclined to scratch it!
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

omg
omg
omg
the postman just delivered irene mudd’s guided hand tarot
omg omg omg
i am so completely blown away by her art, i just have to share it with y’all.....
i loooove this deck!!!
49BAE7B5-632E-4B7B-B216-99B95B700E7A.jpeg
EC442BC5-110B-40D1-A0C8-EE2C93843B58.jpeg
ADEFDD01-E10E-44B6-B2EB-1EDBBC0A558F.jpeg
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh, wow, what a beauty. I can't believe that there still decks I WANT as soon as I see them!!! Why oh why?????? Why did you have to show us this deck? How does it read? Tell me more about it!

I can't afford anything but I can dream, can't I?
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

oh i know how you feel..... i am so happy i still have the kickstarters coming in, because i cannot allow myself to buy anything right now either.....
i am going to use this one for my next planetary week (had already decided on this week’s deck before the guided hand arrived)
here’s a blogpost about the deck on little red tarot
https://littleredtarot.com/guided-hand- ... y-meaning/

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”