This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Teuila Fortune Telling Cards

The Oracle Decks with their many varied themes & styles & moods are becoming favoured by more and more lovers of cards every day. Discuss your favourite Oracle decks, where you find them and how you use them.
Tag Jorrit
Seer

Teuila Fortune Telling Cards

Post by Tag Jorrit »

My thing is facsimile and restored reproductions of obscure decks that haven't seen publication for 100 or more years. I have been working on another reproduction of a rare, old oracle deck, Teuila Fortune Telling Cards, from 1899. This deck of 45 cards came with full instructions and a reading style that resembles Lenormand. The original creator used them to tell fortunes at the palace of Hawaiian King Kalakaua in the early 1880s. She later moved to Samoa where the natives there named her Teuila. Here are a few of her cards.

Cards are cards, just pieces of cardboard. What is important is the intent we give them.
Serge Pirotte
Want some antique repro cards? Visit https://thecartomancer.bigcartel.com/
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Teuila Fortune Telling Cards

Post by Joan Marie »

What a fun looking deck!

The image you posted seems to have "broken" , so I went to the link and snagged this screen shot:

2018-08-09 08.02.52 pm.png

The story behind these cards (seen at the website) is really charming.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Aster Breo
Seeker

Re: Teuila Fortune Telling Cards

Post by Aster Breo »

These are really beautiful cards, and they read so well. I have this deck and I find it be very straightforward and accurate. Imo, the simplicity of the art and the "clean" look of the cards really contributes to the clarity of the readings.

I HIGHLY recommend this deck to anyone interested in reading oracle cards.

~ Aster

Return to “All Things Oracle”