This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

My Planetary Week # 11: August 4 - 10

All the Weeks of 2018 stored here
Nemia
Sage

My Planetary Week # 11: August 4 - 10

Post by Nemia »

This is an invitation to work with one card deck for one week in a group reading.

You can pick any deck: tarot, Lenormand, Kipper, oracle or playing cards. From this deck, you'll draw one card per day - i.e., seven Daily Cards from your Deck of the Week that allow you to get to know the deck better, to hone your reading skills and get new insights about your life.

In a Planetary Week reading, we don't only draw a card per day but also give it a topic. We focus on motifs, topics, patterns in our lives, inspired by the planetary ruler of every weekday (for background information, look here).

On Saturdays, ruled by Saturn: Obstacles and Blockades,
on Sundays, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals,
on Mondays, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears,
on Tuesdays, ruled by Mars: Conflicts and Challenges,
on Wednesdays, ruled by Mercury: Interactions and Change,
on Thursdays, ruled by Jupiter: Power and Influences, and
on Fridays, ruled by Venus: Love and Attraction.

The focus words I chose for each planet/day are not binding. Please don't limit yourself to the two short words if you feel other aspects of the planet are relevant to your reading.

There are different ways to perform a Planetary Week reading.

Traditional: draw a card per day and use the prism of the planetary influence to connect the card to your day and life.

Selective: select a card that suits the topic of each weekday and use it as affirmation and empowerment to improve your life.

Day-by-day: draw or pick your daily card one by one through the week.

Summarily: draw or pick all cards together before the week starts and treat them as a complete reading.

:!: And what about those who just want to have a Deck of the Week, Card of the Day reading? They can just jump in and leave the planetary lore away.

Share pictures if you can or want to.

No matter how we do it - by reminding ourselves of the planetary regents and their influence, we re-connect to the sevenfold cycle of time that our ancestors established, with their eyes to the sky.

Participants:
CharlotteK - Visconti Sforza
Joan Marie - Tinker's Damn
Stronglove - Temptress Tarot
CharlotteK
Sage

Re: My Planetary Week # 11: August 4 - 10

Post by CharlotteK »

I will use the Visconti Sforza this week. I just got the "Golden Tarot" version published by Race Point with the book by Mary Packard. It was ridiculously cheap given the quality hardback book and sturdy box. The cards are on decent stock but they are ginormous and I'm seriously considering trimming them, especially as the printing is a little wonky in places.

Anyhow. Today, Saturday, obstacles and blockades.

La Papessa - Oh I think today's obstacles are yet to reveal themselves! I am throwing a birthday party for my son who turns five today and his friend who was five on Wednesday. At 3pm today, 20 kids and their parents will descend on the local community centre. What could go wrong? Who knows!! I have food to prepare and am relying on others to turn up with bouncy castle and a kiddie disco. This Popess also seems to be saying to me "sit down and gather yourself, don't panic, stay calm".

20180804_100447.jpg
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Done. Much better!
image.jpg
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm using my Tinker's Damn deck. It's been telling me a lot of truths lately.

I pulled the Mayoress of Earth

20180804_120821.jpg

The card gives me a feeling about travel or distance. The LWB says it's about a connected heart, a powerful attachment to home and family. Those two things would seem to contradict unless you consider that my entire family live in another country. Maybe the distance is the obstacle.

I should probably do some skypes and emails today. And maybe think seriously about planning a visit.

EDIT: one of my sisters just wrote me back, she's been too busy to write us yet and tell us that her son's baby girl was born this morning. I'm the first of the siblings to know, and the furthest away. :)
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

for this week i have chosen michelle hartsoe’s temptress tarot with its blazing colors and ‘in your face’ approach

saturday, obstacles and blockades, and it’s the hanged man... omg, there couldn’t be a more appropriate card...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
because i am literally stuck here, in my house, trying to wait out this relentless and everlasting heatwave, not able to do anything......
sitting/lying in front of my fan all day, nd nights too, surrounded by two panting dogs and three listlessly moping cats...... only to get up every hour or so to refill my glass with some more cold water.
hihi this hanged man is perfectly suited for this type of weather, he is only wearing his underpants. or maybe it’s his swimming trunk? :lol: :lol: :lol:

so this is what limbo feels like.... not my favorite state of being...... and the weather forecast tells me this will continue for at least another week.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
okay, i get it. no use to try and reverse this card. best to surrender to this not so dolce far niente and use the time to watch tarot youtube movies and post on this forum...... :P :P :P and mayby change into a bathing suit :P :P :P

26920B6E-70AD-4DF1-82C8-48A877A81778.jpeg
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Sunday: Inspiration and goals. I drew this:
20180805_094907.jpg

Number 7:Engine, but I just noticed that in the LWB it has a different name, Wheels of Progress. In either case, a pretty good fit for "Inspiration and Goals.

Could it be a continuation from yesterday's message about travel and distance? Is it time to make some travel plans for a family visit?

Can you tell I've got some ambivalence about this topic? 😕
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'm only watching this week. Somehow the Aquarian fatigued me... and I need a week without.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Nemia wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 06:02 I'm only watching this week. Somehow the Aquarian fatigued me... and I need a week without.
We all need to let our batteries recharge sometimes. :battery:
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

It's Monday, ruled by the Moon, Dreams and Fears. And once again, the Tinker's Damn is visually right on the money.

20180806_103017.jpg

The Owl looks like it's pointing, almost as if to say, "This Way to Face your Dreams and Fears". Often these are the same thing, are they not? And it looks not too bad there with that island and water and starry sky. And I think that is a tiny little boat down there in the water, yet another conveyance of travel.

And now I just had a look at the LWB and it informs me that I am being guided. My question is by who or what? But maybe that is immaterial...
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

The Visconti Sforza trimming turned out to be a labour of love as the printing on the pips was so inconsistent. But I got there and whilst not perfect, it's acceptably even and vastly more usable.

Saturday's obstacle proved to be my getting flustered and snappy under pressure. Whilst I was beavering away in the kitchen making sandwiches and plating up finger food for 40 people, other adults sharing the responsibility for the birthday party seemed to want me to make all sorts of decisions about what to do, what to put out, how many balloons to blow up, how to arrange things etc. I got a bit short with them and it was a little tense behind the scenes.

Sunday, ruled by the Sun: Inspiration and Goals

Sunday's card was Knave of Batons. Well I definitely know what this refers to! The Knave here represents an ehthusiatci extrovert and new.friendships.

I'm not an outgoing person and find making an effort socially quite difficult. But on Sunday I sent a text message or email to each of the parents that had brought a child to the party on Sat thanking them for their gift and for attending. I even suggested an after school playdate to a couple of them - something I've not done so far. I was inspired by my friend who is gregarious and chatty and has built up a good social circle for herself and her son. My goal is to be more active in instigating social relationships and yesterday I made a really positive effort towards that.

20180806_123357.jpg

Monday, ruled by the Moon: Dreams and Fears

Today's card is Queen of Coins. This is me first day back at work after a holiday and getting back into work mode, applying my brain to work challenges. It's also about getting back on top of things. The household finances, the meal planning, the holiday childcare and everything else domestic. It seems to be tapping into my fear that we spent a lot on holiday and the birthday party and we dont really know where we stand. And also my dream to settle back into a comfortable routine. I like adventure and excitement for a short while but its disruptive so I love routine and the mundaneness of everyday life more. Definitely makes sense today!

20180806_123403.jpg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

sunday - inspiration and goals - ace of swords
yes, i feel that there is a shift in my thinking, that i am starting to approach life’s challenges in a new way, seeing things from a different perspective..... a great follow up on yesterday’s hanged man...
i like that the card’s background is red: it represents the new and exciting thoughts roiling around in my mind.... a secret potion brewing in my cauldron.... :D :D :D :D :lol:

304B5F83-EE36-4540-848D-EA232147F810.jpeg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

monday - dreams and fears. the eight of wands
interesting card. this is a very decisive and confident woman, i am intrigued by the way she is looking at me.
the guidebook speaks of someone who has met many challenges and is now free to pursue her own goals, which she will do with determination and raw energy.....
yep. my dreams and also my fears. because i want to be that decisive, fast thinking and working person again instead of being stuck in that hanged man’s limbo...../ but i have also learned that i need to ‘percolate’ my ideas and impulses for quite a while before i rush off to save the world....
a perfect companion card to yesterday’s ace of swords!

DC08EB37-EEA5-4C4B-9875-F63762E3EB0F.jpeg
aphrophantasmal
Seeker

Post by aphrophantasmal »

Tuesday- Ruled By Mars

Fortunately for me (sarcasm) I have absolutely nothing pressing to work on. Lies. I have many irons in the fire, all of them red hot and I'm ready to go. The Eight of Wands showed up reversed today; pointing to more delays. Mercury in Saggitarius points to swift actions/communications leading to the completion of an objective which would be lovely if it weren't for the fact that is also can point to impulsive decisions/actions that don't take into account important details.

Interestingly enough, I found this to be more than true after boosting a Facebook post for my business without realizing I had completely forgotten to do some final tweaks on my actual website; meaning anyone who went there would have seen a disjointed mess. Ooops.

Today my keys for meditation are:
The wand
The caduceus
The arrow

I'll need to journal out:
-What are the most pressing projects on my mind right now?
-What details may I have missed?
-What steps can I take to angle myself in the direction I want to go?
eightofwands.jpg
eightofwands.jpg (22.34 KiB) Viewed 5619 times
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Tuesday, Mars, Conflicts & Challenges

The Soldier of Fire

20180807_113222.jpg

Well, to take this card on the most literal level of what it means for me today, August 7th, 2018, a day that promises to be the hottest so far of a prolonged heat wave we are experiencing where I live, (close to 40 degrees, that's over 100 degrees Fahrenheit for you Americans) I'd say the message is pretty clear.

But I'm gonna take that as a side message because this deck has a dark sense of humour.

For the deeper message, I'm looking at it as a continuation of a thread for this week that started with my first card. A surprising thread about my needing to travel and see family.

The fire behind the soldier, if you really look, has a lot of hidden stuff in it. This guy has seen some s**t. But as a soldier he has courage and faces it. Not to over-dramatise visiting my family, but I can relate.

Another problem I've had is the political climate where they are is something I have trouble dealing with from afar and I have some real reservations about dropping myself into the middle of it. So those are the conflicts and challenges mainly that have, up to now, kept me from seriously making travel plans.

Can't say I'm relating much to the LWB description of this card today about the fiery creative soul, although I have been working, fairly productively, on a creative project to help distract me from this oppressive weather, which when I think about it, is sort of a weird distortion of what the LWB says.

I told you this deck has a dark sense of humour.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

aphrophantasmal wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 09:06 Tuesday- Ruled By Mars

Fortunately for me (sarcasm) I have absolutely nothing pressing to work on. Lies. I have many irons in the fire, all of them red hot and I'm ready to go. The Eight of Wands showed up reversed today; pointing to more delays. Mercury in Saggitarius points to swift actions/communications leading to the completion of an objective which would be lovely if it weren't for the fact that is also can point to impulsive decisions/actions that don't take into account important details.

Interestingly enough, I found this to be more than true after boosting a Facebook post for my business without realizing I had completely forgotten to do some final tweaks on my actual website; meaning anyone who went there would have seen a disjointed mess. Ooops.
so interesting that you got the eight of wands reversed on tuesday, while i got it upright on monday......
the symbolic references in your card really help to get to the deeper meaning, i can see the difference in the kind of messages both cards provide.
which deck is this? it reminds me of the rosetta or tabula mundi
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

tuesday - mars - conflict and challenges
the two of pentacles
ha! just look at the way she tries to balance those coins! talk about challenges.......
this deck is really interesting because it has people in all the cards. as if the court cards have spread out over the rest of the arcana..... fascinating
the guidebook gives a description of all the different personalities
this one works to create balance and harmony among her responsibilities to her body, her friends and family, as well as home and work
yep. could be me allright..... one of my biggest challenges! trying to be there for all my loved ones without losing/ hurting myself in the process....
i look at those young and flexible limbs, then see and feel my own disabled and aging body and think: how on earth am i ever going to be able to manage that?! but i know i will keep on trying, as i have always done. the result might not look as good as on this card, but i know some kind of balance will eventually establish itself. it always does.

2F1A05C1-3F13-4DA7-816A-8FB39A6334C8.jpeg
aphrophantasmal
Seeker

Post by aphrophantasmal »

stronglove wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 10:55
so interesting that you got the eight of wands reversed on tuesday, while i got it upright on monday......
the symbolic references in your card really help to get to the deeper meaning, i can see the difference in the kind of messages both cards provide.
The deck is The Hermetic Tarot and I agree with you so much. The symbolic references are part of the reason I love these cards and the titles at the bottom are also extremely helpful. There's so much depth, the RWS deck I also read with seems a bit simplistic in comparison. I just checked out the two decks you mentioned and...

I would just like to let you know I was on a budget. :lol:
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Tuesday - Mars - conflicts and challenges.

What do you know - I got Two of Coins also.
20180807_083732.jpg

It suggests I am conflicted about a decision or have a difficult choice to make but I'm not sure that's the case today. So far it's been very steady, straightforward, uneventful... perhaps something will rear its head later on.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

aphrophantasmal wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 14:11
:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
i guess we’ve all been there and done that.....some of us even got the t shirt
(ah, great idea, create a t shirt with: honestly, i swear.... i WAS on a budget! or something similar)
and i just put the hermetic tarot on my wishlist..... :P :P :P
after a really bad case of overspending on new decks i am now depending on good friends to buy me christmas and birthday presents.....
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

aphrophantasmal wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 14:11
stronglove wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 10:55
The deck is The Hermetic Tarot and I agree with you so much. The symbolic references are part of the reason I love these cards and the titles at the bottom are also extremely helpful. There's so much depth, the RWS deck I also read with seems a bit simplistic in comparison. I just checked out the two decks you mentioned and...

I have the Hermetic Tarot but have yet to pluck up the courage to read with it. It looks so complex... and I don't yet have a working knowledge of esoteric symbols. I love how you apply this card and identify relevant meditation points. Perhaps I will just dive right in. What's the worst that can happen?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

CharlotteK wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 18:54 What's the worst that can happen?
You should do a reading on that. The big question is, what deck do you use. That could also be a question for a reading, but then you get yourself into a recursive loop. Perhaps a lenormand reading to tell you which tarot deck to use to ask about reading the hermetic. Charlie Brown likes to keep things simple, as you know.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I feel a touch conflicted and challenged, so I thought I'd draw a card too.

XII- Suspension

Being between a couple of things and having to wait on a couple of things is making me feel a bit listless. Taking a bit of a more graphically literal interpretation, I've slept a bit weirdly/uncomfortably the past two night due to the heat. I have a sore back from being in an uncomfortable position, much like the figure in the card.
Attachments
13-hanged man.png
I believe in Crystal Light.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Charlie Brown wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 19:36
CharlotteK wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 18:54 What's the worst that can happen?
You should do a reading on that. The big question is, what deck do you use. That could also be a question for a reading, but then you get yourself into a recursive loop. Perhaps a lenormand reading to tell you which tarot deck to use to ask about reading the hermetic. Charlie Brown likes to keep things simple, as you know.
Ooh good idea. I am going to give that a try for sure. And make sure the Lenormand can't recommend the Hermetic 🤔😂
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Wednesday, Mercury, Interactions & Change
20180808_122304.jpg

This strikes me as a funny draw. This morning I actually said that my sense of smell was annoyingly acute today. I found strange smells everywhere, some requiring to be dealt with immediately like the one in the refrigerator and another in the kitchen bin. It didn't do much for my mood first thing in the morning which made some of my interactions not super-pleasant.

I'm not sure if this card has something to tell me or if it is just having a bit of a laugh at me for getting worked up over nothing.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

wednesday - interactions and change
the knight of pentacles
wow, does he look serious or what? i think he means business.... staring right at me!
from the guidebook:
he is a methodical rigorous worker that takes great pride in fulfilling commitments and completing tasks. he is not innovative but he is patient enough to ensure the job gets done. he must follow the tried and true routine to complete the task in a quality manner.

omg, this guy is my complete opposite.... i possess none of his qualities....
so that’s what needs to change. what perfect timing just after the heatwave has passed...... wouldn’t be able to do anything in that heat!
but today is different. and i know everything that needs to be done, so i guess i’d better get started...

39D96D6C-4348-42B6-B7BD-632A2B3A658E.jpeg

Return to “My Planetary Week 2018 Archive”