This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Hello, new here

A place for members to share their Personal Tarot story.
Abigail
Seer

Hello, new here

Post by Abigail »

I am passionate about paranormal and cartomancy.
I'm using cards for many years, I started first with astrology.
I use Lenormand cards and also the Belline Oracle.
For the moment, I am not using the tarot because I find the explanations too psychological.
I'm from Europe, excuse me for any mistakes.

;)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Hello, new here

Post by Charlie Brown »

Ooooh...the Belline. That's exciting.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

Welcome Abigail, you should ask Joan Marie about her Lenormand: "The Friar's Delight".

It is a magnificent Lenormand deck.
The cards look like small pages from a medieval illuminated manuscript.

I would use that deck if I read Lenormand, but my interest is only in the Tarot.
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Welcome, dear Abigail! The Belline...!!! That sounds intriguing and wonderful!
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Greetings and welcome, Abigail! 🌞
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
cloudberry
Seer

Post by cloudberry »

Yo

Welcome!
I am also a new face for the spirits here, but already i feel at home.
People here are friendly and welcoming so you will too, for sure.
You seem like a lovely person and i hope you are here to stay.
I am by no means trying to nestle myself in your privacy, but may I ask were in Europe you live? I, myself, live in Sweden.

best regards
/cloudberry
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

cloudberry wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 12:50 I, myself, live in Sweden.
I should have guessed that you were in Scandinavia based on your name. Cloudberries are non-existant in the United States except that you can get them as part of a creme pastry filling at the Norwegian pavilion in Disney World's EPCOT Center. The treat was delicious but, sadly, with all of the sugar and cream, etc. I couldn't really get a good sense of the fruit's flavor. And, truly, there were so few of them in there that it wouldn't have made a difference. My understanding is that even if there were enough quantities of the berries to export to the US, that the berries are very delicate and difficult to ship and therefore are not likely to survive the voyage.

I hope to be able to go one day. I'm ethnically Swedish on my mother's side and, when I was little (maybe 4? 5?) I got to be the Star Boy in the VASA Christmas festival. VASA is at some US-Swedish cultural group my mother used to belong to. I looked into joining a couple of years ago but, in this late day and age, there really isn't any Scandinavian immigrant culture left outside of the Upper Midwest. There is, however, a kind of replica town a few hours north that attempts to be frozen in time from 19th c. Denmark. I do, have a nice Dalahäst table cloth, though.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Abigail
Seer

Post by Abigail »

Charlie Brown wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 00:00 Ooooh...the Belline. That's exciting.
Then I would present it on the forum, :D
Abigail
Seer

Post by Abigail »

Papageno wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 00:42 Welcome Abigail, you should ask Joan Marie about her Lenormand: "The Friar's Delight".
Thank you,
I have already noticed this deck and saved the images in my gallery, :lol:
Abigail
Seer

Post by Abigail »

Nemia wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 04:27 Welcome, dear Abigail! The Belline...!!! That sounds intriguing and wonderful!
Thank you Nemia,
I like vintage decks. It dates from around 1845.
Abigail
Seer

Post by Abigail »

Pen wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 09:04 Greetings and welcome, Abigail! 🌞
Tank you Pen, :)
Abigail
Seer

Post by Abigail »

cloudberry wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 12:50 Welcome!
Thank you cloudberry,
I'm not as pretty as on my avatar, :lol:
When I register on a forum, it is always with the intention of staying.
cloudberry wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 12:50 I am by no means trying to nestle myself in your privacy, but may I ask were in Europe you live? I, myself, live in Sweden.
best regards
I live in France :geek: ,country of cheese and baguette, :lol:
What are the most used divination decks in Sweden ? And Runes in Sweden ?
Best regards,
cloudberry
Seer

Post by cloudberry »

Abigail wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 16:23
cloudberry wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 12:50 Welcome!
Thank you cloudberry,
I'm not as pretty as on my avatar, :lol:
When I register on a forum, it is always with the intention of staying.
cloudberry wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 12:50 I am by no means trying to nestle myself in your privacy, but may I ask were in Europe you live? I, myself, live in Sweden.
best regards
I live in France :geek: ,country of cheese and baguette, :lol:
What are the most used divination decks in Sweden ? And Runes in Sweden ?
Best regards,
Yo

So you live in France. What a wonderful place to stay i think. To bad im allergic to milk. Otherwise i think i would have loved cheese.
And you are surely even prettier than in the picture. The color of your hair reminds me of fire and that is the element of power.
I dont have any idea of witch divination decks are most used here in Sweden and the only runes i know about is the ones we have in the open parks from the time of the Vikings.
In kindergarten, i used to play on the rune-stones and my teachers always told us stories about the Vikings. It was exciting indeed.
I apologize for not being able to answer any of your questions. However, i will look them up as to get enlighten by the resources myself.
Lastly, if you are here to stay then make yourself comfortable <3
/ cloudberry
cloudberry
Seer

Post by cloudberry »

Charlie Brown wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 15:33
cloudberry wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 12:50 I, myself, live in Sweden.
I should have guessed that you were in Scandinavia based on your name. Cloudberries are non-existant in the United States except that you can get them as part of a creme pastry filling at the Norwegian pavilion in Disney World's EPCOT Center. The treat was delicious but, sadly, with all of the sugar and cream, etc. I couldn't really get a good sense of the fruit's flavor. And, truly, there were so few of them in there that it wouldn't have made a difference. My understanding is that even if there were enough quantities of the berries to export to the US, that the berries are very delicate and difficult to ship and therefore are not likely to survive the voyage.

I hope to be able to go one day. I'm ethnically Swedish on my mother's side and, when I was little (maybe 4? 5?) I got to be the Star Boy in the VASA Christmas festival. VASA is at some US-Swedish cultural group my mother used to belong to. I looked into joining a couple of years ago but, in this late day and age, there really isn't any Scandinavian immigrant culture left outside of the Upper Midwest. There is, however, a kind of replica town a few hours north that attempts to be frozen in time from 19th c. Denmark. I do, have a nice Dalahäst table cloth, though.
Yo
I have read your quotation and it made me delightful.
Yes, cloud berries only grows in special places called "myrar" and its a kind of swamp land. The golden berries are indeed expensive as a gold nuggets and people collecting,making them into jam and jelly to sell, are as rich as the elf of the end of a rainbow.
The big "dalahäst" is a popular attraktion here that drives a lot of Asian people i have noticed. Why they think a big horse made of wood with old paint is so exiting is still one of my worldy wonders.
Have the best day
/ cloudberry

Return to “New Members Welcome & Introduction”