This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Button Soup is REAL

Bluehare
Seeker

Re: Button Soup is REAL

Post by Bluehare »

JulianneVictoria wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 12:12 My deck has arrived, and it is absolutely beautiful! Thank you Joan Marie and everyone who created cards!
Julianne thanks for doing the video first impressions of the deck, I haven’t got my copy yet, but your video was super and I can’t wait to have the deck in my hands. Well done Joan Marie on making this project successful beyond expectation!!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 03 Feb 2020, 00:37 I do aspire to that but, really, I'm just going to get upset when I see my cards because I'll feel like they're so much worse than everybody else's and bring the deck down into the gutter.
Everybody who makes art thinks this.

When Francis Ford Coppola was making "The Godfather" he saw "The French Connection" and it made him physically ill because it made his film look like a bunch of men sitting around in dark rooms talking. Which is basically a pretty accurate description of "The Godfather." Fortunately, he wasn't too discouraged and he finished his film. (Though he did add a scene with Talia Shire smashing up a bunch of dishes just to have at least one action scene.)

There are millions of stories like this in the world of art.

The thing is, the mistake is to compare. We all do it. That's a hard thing to get past, but it's important in life and especially in art to learn to not do that.

And personally, I find each card that you made really charming and they each add something very special to Button Soup.
I think every single card does.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

Bluehare wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 01:23
JulianneVictoria wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 12:12 My deck has arrived, and it is absolutely beautiful! Thank you Joan Mariegreeat here and everyone who created cards!
Julianne thanks for doing the video first impressions of the deck, I haven’t got my copy yet, but your video was super and I can’t wait to have the deck in my hands. Well done Joan Marie on making this project successful beyond expectation!!
Exactly my point! :D i've seen plenty posts on fb & ig people posting their decks start arriving & how happy it makes them!:D
Must say We did great here!:D & JM did great design & printer job & THAT GOLD! WOW IT TOTALLY LOOKS 78TAROT & Up pro level!:D So Happy I'm Part of it! Yey!lol^^ THANK YOU ALL!^^ looking forward to next idea! :mrgreen:

p.s now to share this youtube on fb!:D
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

Had to share my youtube vid about this fantastic deck... of you're interested.
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Just wanted to pop in and say I got my copy! I love it! I'll be reading with if for myself over the weekend!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Just popping in to say the deck is absolutely GLORIOUS. My copy arrived this morning and I've spent over an hour going through all of the cards and the LWB. I'm bowled over by how good it is and how well it hangs together. The production values are awesome too. Stunning! Well done to everyone involved, great job!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

So nice to hear from Charlotte! And thank you so much for nice words! 💕
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

A new unboxing video was just posted by Shilo Lewis, CooptyLew Art & Tarot.

It's just lovely. Really.

Please have a look at it.

tyshadragon
Seeker

Post by tyshadragon »

Thank you all for giving us such a wonderful deck, I love my copy ^_^
IMG_20200203_093031_986.jpg
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

my three decks are still in transit, no updates after february 29.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
from fragility to humility....maybe white lives should matter a little less
RivkahSmith
Seeker

Post by RivkahSmith »

Thank you Joan-Marie! I got mine in the mail and it is AMAZING. Everything has gone so smoothly, you have done an AMAZING JOB. Love the box, love the book, love the cards of course.

I love the diversity! I love feeling like I'm getting little samples. I showed it to my Grammam and we sat and went through every card, it was like being in an art gallery. So many cards make me go "Oh, I want this person to make a whole deck!" It was a good tester for those of us who have never done anything like this (LIKE ME LOL)

So, thanks again :D :D :D
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

stronglove wrote: 11 Feb 2020, 22:30 my three decks are still in transit, no updates after february 29.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I am following all the shipments. Some are moving very slowly. All shipments to the Netherlands are showing the same as yours. I have been following the shipments from these since my last deck and what happens is the tracking info appears to be not changing at all then suddenly it gets marked as delivered with nothing in between.

I know it's frustrating to wait, but past experience has shown me that the packages eventually all arrive.

On my last big shipment with Friar's Delight the last ones to be delivered were to the Netherlands. One day they all got delivered at once. I don't know why, but it has to do with the local post office and they are also responsible for updating the tracking.

The good news is, we got everything shipped out of China before the virus outbreak which has completely halted shipping of all kinds. It looks like they may be getting back to work very soon now, but it has been very difficult.
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

i know, joan-marie, this is just how dutch customs work, they tend to hold on to packages for a long time and there is nothing i can do about it, my last shipment from the us took 4 weeks (and a huge custom fee) while some other packages get custom clearance within a day, it is just unpredictable and really frustrating.
and i am really happy the decks got shipped in time, my oriens tarot hasn’t been shipped yet due to the restrictions caused by the corona virus.

i will be patiently waiting for the decks to arrive.....
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

they came today! i am completely gobsmacked, wow!
had to swallow a bit when i saw how much darker my own two designs have turned out and how much detail got lost in the printing but hey! good to know for when we start our next project :lol: :lol: :lol:
and the lwb is absolutely fabulous, have spent most of my evening reading it, best lwb ever !!! joan marie i am so glad you gave everybody the space they wanted and needed and that you didn’t restrict us with a prescribed number of words or guidelines for the information we could share. this is where the collective really shines for me.
can’t wait to start using the deck....!
and i really love that the trumps aren’t numbered, so i could put justice and strength in their ‘proper’ places (i have never been able to cope with strength as nr 8, especially since 8 is one of my birth cards)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

stronglove wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 00:50 had to swallow a bit when i saw how much darker my own two designs have turned out and how much detail got lost in the printing but hey! good to know for when we start our next project :lol: :lol: :lol:
and the lwb is absolutely fabulous, have spent most of my evening reading it, best lwb ever !!!
Thanks for mentioning the lwb. I agree that it is quite special. I also love the free expression of it. So many beautiful things are to be found in there. So many surprises. Giving everyone a "writing assignment" just never felt right to me. I had no idea what people wanted to say about their cards or their work so I didn't know how I could possibly tell them how many words or whatever to provide.

And I also love the result. I couldn't believe it almost when I saw that it was coming in at exactly 100 pages.

I hope you aren't too disappointed that your cards are kind of dark. They still come across very powerful.

True story: I did a 1-card draw today asking the deck to tell me what is so special about it.

I drew your 8 of Pentacles.

Then I read what you wrote for the book. What a perfect and beautiful message.

I know I have already done a fair amount of gushing over people's work, but I have to once again thank every single person who helped make this strange and beautiful creation. ❤️
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Ha! I think the card also shows what’s so special about you, joan marie. Dedication must be your middle name :D :D :D
stronglove
Sage

Post by stronglove »

Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thanks so much for posting this. This lady is really sweet and she made a really fun unboxing video.

I love that she read the text from the box that explains the name of the deck.

Return to “Button Soup Tarot”