This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Good to be here!

A place for members to share their Personal Tarot story.
brokenflag
Seeker

Good to be here!

Post by brokenflag »

Hi
I am very new here, the site was recommended by another member when I mentioned how much I missed Aeclectic Tarot, so thanks A!! I recognise a couple of names but haven't had a look round really yet. On AT I was known as winterchild.

I live at the bottom of the world, where it is currently ridiculously hot, and have been doing things Tarot since I was a child pretty much, so nearly 40 years... wow! My taste is very eclectic.

So there we go, that's me, so Hello and have a brilliant weekend.

B
Diana
Sage

Re: Good to be here!

Post by Diana »

Warm welcome to you brokenflag. Thanks for joining this great Tarot community. Am looking forward to your contributions !!
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

brokenflag wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 02:36
So there we go, that's me, so Hello and have a brilliant weekend.
Welcome! So glad you have found us. It's lovely to have you. What an interesting username.

I hope you can get a break from the heat and take in some of our discussions and such. Please let me know if you need anything or have any questions.

Thanks for joining us!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
brokenflag
Seeker

Post by brokenflag »

Thank you so much for the welcome Joan Marie! My name came about because I felt like I broke my flag when I moved from the UK to NZ 15 years ago. It still feels kinda broken ;)
brokenflag
Seeker

Post by brokenflag »

Thanks Diana... I look forward to joining in... it has been so long since I was on a Tarot forum, will have fun finding my way around :)
devin
Sybil

Post by devin »

brokenflag wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 02:36 I live at the bottom of the world, where it is currently ridiculously hot ...
Which bit?
Natural Mystic Guide
Seer

Post by Natural Mystic Guide »

Welcome, This is a friendly , helpful and fun group. Your perspective as a long time reader will be much appreciated.
My name came about because I felt like I broke my flag when I moved from the UK to NZ 15 years ago. It still feels kinda broken
I made a permanent move from the U.S. to Bali 2.5 years ago. Maybe I'm in a pretty universal head space? My flag doesn't feel broken, I'm just not that keen on flying it right now. I would love to become an Indonesian citizen, but it is not financially feasible. The weather is just right here in Ubud, Bali -- nearly on the equator. 🌺
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

brokenflag wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 06:15 Thank you so much for the welcome Joan Marie! My name came about because I felt like I broke my flag when I moved from the UK to NZ 15 years ago. It still feels kinda broken ;)
This reminded me of this great poem although when you say, UK, I don't know which part you are speaking about :

The Soldier
BY RUPERT BROOKE

If I should die, think only this of me:
That there’s some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England. There shall be
In that rich earth a richer dust concealed;
A dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware,
Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam;
A body of England’s, breathing English air,
Washed by the rivers, blest by suns of home.

And think, this heart, all evil shed away,
A pulse in the eternal mind, no less
Gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given;
Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day;
And laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness,
In hearts at peace, under an English heaven.

This is on the top 10 list of my favourite poems that can move me to tears sometimes, so much I love it.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

brokenflag wrote: 31 Jan 2020, 02:36 Hi
I am very new here, the site was recommended by another member when I mentioned how much I missed Aeclectic Tarot, so thanks A!! I recognise a couple of names but haven't had a look round really yet. On AT I was known as winterchild.
Me too, miss AT very much but it is nice to be back in a welcoming community such as this one.
I live at the bottom of the world, where it is currently ridiculously hot, and have been doing things Tarot since I was a child pretty much, so nearly 40 years... wow!
Bottom of the world? Oz or NZ?
I'm in China so great to have someone else on here in my time Zone (IN THE FUTURE) :lol:
My taste is very eclectic.
Eclectic is kool. sets you off away from the sheep ;)

Welcome

Aeon
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Love is the law, love under will.

The nature of Will is Love, and it is brought to fruition through Love.
AeonHorus
Sybil

Post by AeonHorus »

brokenflag wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 06:15 Thank you so much for the welcome Joan Marie! My name came about because I felt like I broke my flag when I moved from the UK to NZ 15 years ago. It still feels kinda broken ;)
Oh... Ha I just seen this now...

New Zealand ... Nice
Just like Yorkshire!
Green and full of sheep right :D
Aeon Horus
Cosmological
Psychologist

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Love is the law, love under will.

The nature of Will is Love, and it is brought to fruition through Love.

Return to “New Members Welcome & Introduction”