This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Halsey and Tarot

Share a little taste with us of your work in progress. Give us a peek at what's coming down the road soon so we can keep an eye out for it.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Halsey and Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

Saw this on Tumblr. I find this astonishing and wonderful. A marriage of music and Tarot.

From the set of Tarot cards commissioned by Capitol Records for Halsey's "Hopeless Fountain Kingdom" by Sveta Dorosheva

tumblr_55e6f11f41a43ff4f75a878edce195bc_1cc78114_640.jpg
tumblr_b4887c3add8182088c83ffbcf1a88116_5044af3d_640.jpg
tumblr_a5453a70f0d72a2fd1521efa0c789c7c_b45040eb_640.jpg
tumblr_ab1b783fac90d68754342c9f9ecd5ee0_20d66e19_640.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot ๐Ÿ’š
arlecchino
Seer

Re: Halsey and Tarot

Post by arlecchino »

cool! do you know if it's related to the album?

i looked it up and the single covers are all collages of cards... i think only one of them is from the ones in the first post
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

arlecchino wrote: โ†‘28 Jan 2020, 16:49 cool! do you know if it's related to the album?

i looked it up and the single covers are all collages of cards... i think only one of them is from the ones in the first post
Here is the link to her website. https://www.svetadorosheva.com/project/tarot-cards
It seems the record company used her art to create card collages, one for each song on the album.
The deck isn't a complete deck, yet, but she's planning to finish it.

The website has more info and pics
arlecchino
Seer

Post by arlecchino »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘28 Jan 2020, 16:56
Here is the link to her website. https://www.svetadorosheva.com/project/tarot-cards
It seems the record company used her art to create card collages, one for each song on the album.
The deck isn't a complete deck, yet, but she's planning to finish it.

The website has more info and pics
that is really interesting! I know nothing about halsey, i wonder if there were any references to the music in the original artwork. the donkey on the wheel of fortune is pretty funny
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Good lord. What a find Joan Marie.

I'm speechless. (for once ! ๐Ÿ˜‰)
Rumi was asked โ€œwhich music sound is haram?โ€ Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: โ†‘28 Jan 2020, 18:23 Good lord. What a find Joan Marie.
I don't visit it enough but Tumblr just has the best stuff if you follow the right people.
I like it so much better than instagram. It's so much more flexible, but it isn't as popular as it was since Instagram started. But I find lots of great things there all the time.

my tumblr is: https://cultoftarot.tumblr.com/
I've had it for I think 10 years.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Very nice tumblr you've got there.

I've always wanted to ask you. What kind of camera do you use when you take your photos ?
Rumi was asked โ€œwhich music sound is haram?โ€ Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: โ†‘28 Jan 2020, 18:58 I've always wanted to ask you. What kind of camera do you use when you take your photos ?
Nothing special, I have a little canon camera and my phone. I use the "pro" settings a lot, but they are very limited.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: โ†‘28 Jan 2020, 18:58 Very nice tumblr you've got there.
I have over 2500 posts on that tumblr. but it only shows 10 at a time so at the bottom of each page you have to click thru to the previous page. people don't want to do that any more, they want endless scrolling.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

You're a very good photographer. I noticed that already a long time ago. There was a photo I think it was a metro underground station. I can't remember exactly now what it was but I remember thinking that you have a darn good eye for photography. I think it had something to do with steps (as you may have read in one of my threads, I'm not good at recalling images.)

Yes, I went to look at the other pages. I don't like endless scrolling. I don't think I've ever visited Instagram except by accident. I really don't do social media. Does instagram do endless scrolling ?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Diana wrote: โ†‘28 Jan 2020, 19:33 You're a very good photographer. I noticed that already a long time ago. There was a photo I think it was a metro underground station. I can't remember exactly now what it was but I remember thinking that you have a darn good eye for photography. I think it had something to do with steps (as you may have read in one of my threads, I'm not good at recalling images.)

Yes, I went to look at the other pages. I don't like endless scrolling. I don't think I've ever visited Instagram except by accident. I really don't do social media. Does instagram do endless scrolling ?
Thanks, i think I know the pic you meant, or at least its the one that came to my mind, it was in Paris.

metro.jpeg

Was it this one maybe?

And yes, Instagram has endless scrolling which I really prefer and wish tumblr had. It's kind of annoying to have to click after every 15 images and wait for the next ones to load. I know it's just a couple of seconds but its enough to discourage people from exploring someone's tumblr page.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Joan Marie wrote: โ†‘29 Jan 2020, 17:08

Thanks, i think I know the pic you meant, or at least its the one that came to my mind, it was in Paris.

Was it this one maybe?

And yes, Instagram has endless scrolling which I really prefer and wish tumblr had. It's kind of annoying to have to click after every 15 images and wait for the next ones to load. I know it's just a couple of seconds but its enough to discourage people from exploring someone's tumblr page.
That's a gorgeous photo too, but no, it wasn't that. It may have been I'm thinking now in an underground station. Maybe Berlin ? I don't think it was Hamburg for some reason. It was something very unusual and very eye-catching. I'm not sure it was on tumblr. I don't believe I've ever visited before your tumblr page before this thread started. I don't recall the layout and set up anyway.

I really prefer when there is not endless scrolling. I like the silence of those few seconds. With technology today, we don't often have time for silence when we're on-line.
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

Sveta Dorosheva is a genius. I've been looking through the various categories on her(?) website and the collective examples of the artwork are breathtaking. That pen and ink technique is amazing and I love the nods to alchemy and Hieronymus Bosch.
Stylistically, for me, it's absolutely mesmerizing and captivating.

That woman is one of God's true blessings to this world; I guess I'd better stop gushing now LOL :lol:
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....

Return to โ€œSneak Peeks & Works in Progressโ€