This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

I meditated on the card VIII Strength

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
Crying Owl
Seer

I meditated on the card VIII Strength

Post by Crying Owl »

Hi everyone :-)

I pulled a card and meditated on it today. The card was VIII Strength.

What I first had in mind - before I started meditating - was that it means "soft control" as a woman is putting her hand on a lion.

I used the Legacy of Divine Tarot.

But after meditating for a while, a complete new word came to mind.

And that was "childish".

Not to be mistaken with child-like though.

Does anyone also have an experience that VIII Strength can mean "childish"?

CO
Monk
Sybil

Re: I meditatet on the card VIII Strength

Post by Monk »

Dear Crying Owl,

My association with the card could in a sense be explained as child-ish.

I have come to understand the Strength card for my self as strength as a natural power. Like there are natural leaders, leading by example, leading by being one's utmost self, staying really close to oneself. A child maybe has this way of being still natural and or plain. A young child lacks the needs or motivations to act in a way he/she just not 'is' just to conform with society/social structure. (Yes I know they cán, especially when being put in stressful situations like divorce households and stuff like that) Which resonates with my feeling with the strength card; stay close to yourself and you will be able to tap into your inner strength more efficiently and controlled

🙏🏼
Monk
Premier Principes Tarot is about to launch on Kickstarter - follow below to get updated.
-Premier Principes Tarot- https://www.instagram.com/premier_principes_tarot/
Diana
Sage

Re: I meditated on the card VIII Strength

Post by Diana »

Crying Owl wrote: 05 Jan 2020, 16:33 Hi everyone :-)

I pulled a card and meditated on it today. The card was VIII Strength.

What I first had in mind - before I started meditating - was that it means "soft control" as a woman is putting her hand on a lion.

I used the Legacy of Divine Tarot.

But after meditating for a while, a complete new word came to mind.

And that was "childish".

Not to be mistaken with child-like though.

Does anyone also have an experience that VIII Strength can mean "childish"?

CO
Hello Crying Owl ! 🦉

I've never had this experience. Things that come to us when we meditate are often personal.

Something came to mind when I read your post earlier today. It's still with me so I'll post it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOXqiMwjnY

I think one could say in other words "even if you learn to tame a lion, or fire, or a storm, it needs an awful lot of dignity and respect for both the lion/fire/storm and yourself. A child rushes in where angels dare not tread. They don't sit back and think about the consequences of their acts - they act impulsively and with passion, and they can put themselves in danger."

Then I had another thought. And that was "lions and tigers are not stuffed toys". (The French word is much nicer, it's "peluche". So I'll repeat the sentence in French "les lions et les tigres ne sont pas des peluches). I don't know what this means. Maybe it means something to you?
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Crying Owl
Seer

Post by Crying Owl »

Dear Monk and Diana.

Thank you so much for your healing words. I’ve been sick lately and iit felt so good to read.

I guess it is a personal view for me.

I feel so guilty when it comes to running into a mine field with a childs attitude.

But maybe being childish can be my strength through this water and fire?

CO
Monk
Sybil

Post by Monk »

Well one thing to be aware of is that a child has a unique way to see unbiased. I often train this way of thinking as it helps my professional practice, but more importantly puts me in contact with a side of me that I am rooted in. So one needn't be childish, just be aware that and how your view into the world, yourself has been clouded over the years. You will say, huh!? But I,'ve become wiser.. Yes, but consider a baby in the living room, 'how crisp and pure' it will 'feel' through his eyes and ears all that's in the room. There is so little distracting the line from eyes and ears to mind..

M
Premier Principes Tarot is about to launch on Kickstarter - follow below to get updated.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Your question reminded me, not dissimilar to Monk I think, about something that happened with me and a 'fearsome' animal.

I was snorkling off of the Dry Tortugas and I cam across this cool fish. I was like "mmm...you're a sinister lookin' mother fucker, aren't you?" And I looked and him and he looked at me and I swam a bit closer to get a better look until I was pretty much right over him and then he swam off on his way. Back on the boat, there was a poster on the bathroom door that had pictures of all the sea life one might find in the area. I discovered that my new friend was, in fact, a barracuda. Since I approached the situation with an innocence and naiveté that isn't wholly divorced from the child like, I'm sure the encounter turned out much differently than if I got all scared of seeing a barracuda and given him something to react to. Instead he was all 'game recognizes game.'
I believe in Crystal Light.
Monk
Sybil

Post by Monk »

Charlie Brown wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 20:14 Your question reminded me, not dissimilar to Monk I think, about something that happened with me and a 'fearsome' animal.

I was snorkling off of the Dry Tortugas and I cam across this cool fish. I was like "mmm...you're a sinister lookin' mother fucker, aren't you?" And I looked and him and he looked at me and I swam a bit closer to get a better look until I was pretty much right over him and then he swam off on his way. Back on the boat, there was a poster on the bathroom door that had pictures of all the sea life one might find in the area. I discovered that my new friend was, in fact, a barracuda. Since I approached the situation with an innocence and naiveté that isn't wholly divorced from the child like, I'm sure the encounter turned out much differently than if I got all scared of seeing a barracuda and given him something to react to. Instead he was all 'game recognizes game.'
CB, you hit the nail. Exactly the thing I tried to convey, though you managed to even place it in a very palpable life lesson!
What I take from it and agree highly with is that "how" ones gaze into the world actually affects it.
Curious people attract curious things.

M
Crying Owl
Seer

Post by Crying Owl »

Charlie Brown wrote: 06 Jan 2020, 20:14 Your question reminded me, not dissimilar to Monk I think, about something that happened with me and a 'fearsome' animal.

I agree that real animals are like that. They somehow sense no fear.

But if it had been a symbolic Barracuda and you have been a symbolic diver (I’m talking people here) I would have been much more worried.

That’s why I say - Be aware of the decietful Falcon, little bird. Anud don’t forget the revengeful little worm you killed.. Stay away from and and don’t listen to the Mockingbirds. They only make you blind. Find a good partner that can provide you and your family with daily bread. Fly to and live in the maple land.

Return to “Cards and Spreads”