This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Little Prince Tarot

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Nemia
Sage

Little Prince Tarot

Post by Nemia »

little prince tarot.jpg
little prince tarot.jpg (21.44 KiB) Viewed 1946 times

Doesn't this look magical? One of the new Llwellyn decks that really excite me. Oh how I hope they won't spoil it - it looks wonderful. I love the book so much, my husband loves the book so much - and I see the artist didn't try to imitate the original illustrations, she re-imagined it in a sensitive and rich way. How it works as tarot, I can't say yet - but I will find out. This is one deck I must have.

little prince tarot2.jpg
Fleur
Seeker

Re: Little Prince Tarot

Post by Fleur »

Nemia wrote: 17 Jun 2019, 17:52 Doesn't this look magical? One of the new Llwellyn decks that really excite me. Oh how I hope they won't spoil it - it looks wonderful.
Oh Yes! It looks wonderful and dreamy and lovely. Also one of my favorite books. Please share your thoughts if you decide to add it to your collection.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'll buy it as soon as it's available and let you all know immediately :-)
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

This is coming out very soon. Dunno if I should be excited or apprehensive lest it disappoints. The sample images are all so purty tho.
Start strong
End stronger
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I bought it, I knew I had to have it, and Lo Scarabeo decks are affordable. I also took out my old copy of the book and wanted to start reading.

And then the atmosphere of the book caught me again, and the sadness, and I couldn't go on. I was overwhelmed. I will always remember the first time I read this book because it was the first time I cried over a book. I was 12 or 13 then and had not believed before that one could cry about a book. But I did. Knowing about the author's death in a setting that reminded of the Little Prince's appearance made it even sadder. It feels as though the Little Prince called him.

So I'm careful now, I know i love this little boy and his story too much. The art style of the deck is different from Saint-Exupery's very recognizable art, and that's good. It doesn't feel like a copy but like a re-interpretation.

From what I understand, the story and figures of the Little Prince can be associated with tarot archetypes. How well it is done - I'll have to really go down to work with this deck. For now, I'm strongly drawn to this deck and I knew, as long as this is on the market, I'll have to have it.

My husband is a great lover of the Little Prince, too. When my mother met him for the first time, he was just my new boyfriend then, and listened how he spoke about the world he comes from (very different from mine but very compatible), my mother told me afterwards: he reminds me of the Little Prince talking about his little planet....

A bit later, he told me that on the street, someone came up to him and asked in quite an impertinent tone: have you said your prayers today? And my darling man said: and have you read the Little Prince today?

Maybe I'll take this deck out tomorrow. My heart will tell me whether it's done well - whether the spirit of the Little Prince runs through it.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”