This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Hello!

A place for members to share their Personal Tarot story.
Lopriber
Seeker

Hello!

Post by Lopriber »

Hi everyone!

By way of background, my name is Lorraine, and I currently live in California. I'm almost an empty nester; my youngest is driving now and almost done with high school, so I have the time to invest in learning Tarot. I've been actively studying Tarot for about 3 months now. I am at the point where I am getting familiar with basic card meanings. My practice has so far gotten me to meditate daily again after a long break and has pushed me to once again access my intuition, which has laid dormant while I was busy raising my two children.

Over the years, I've studied Clairvoyance and have dabbled in different divination systems like Runes, playing cards, I Ching. I've dabbled in Tarot in the past as well; as a matter of fact, my first deck was the Sacred Rose Tarot purchased around 1992. It was the only deck I had until recently when I rediscovered Tarot.

The Tarot decks I currently have are Radiant Rider Waite (my fav so far), Morgan Greer, Golden Thread (love the look but I need the imagery right now so am not using this deck at all yet), and of course, the Sacred Rose Tarot, which I still love.

The Oracle decks I have came from my time exploring and delving into all things Hayhouse about 10 years ago when I studied to become an accredited Life Coach. They are Doreen Virtue's Life Purpose Oracle Deck, The Mary Queen of Angels Oracle Deck, Denise Linn's Soul Coaching, and Sonia Choquette's Soul Lessons Oracle Deck.

I'm so excited to have found this community, and I'm looking forward to learning about Tarot with all of you!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Hello!

Post by Joan Marie »

Lopriber wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 04:34 I'm so excited to have found this community, and I'm looking forward to learning about Tarot with all of you!
Welcome Lorraine!

I think you'll find we have a lot of topics going that you will be interested in and don#t be shy about starting new ones.

Have a look at our Esoteric Salon where you can find (or Start!) conversations about your other interesting interests! (Runes, etc..) I know you will find others here who share that with you.

It's good to have you here, so glad you found us. -Joan Marie
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Welcome !!!

What a great introduction. I hope I'll often cross your path in one of the wonderful rooms we have in this beautiful castle that is the Cult of Tarot.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Tor
Seer

Post by Tor »

Lopriber wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 04:34 Hi everyone!

By way of background, my name is Lorraine, and I currently live in California. I'm almost an empty nester; my youngest is driving now and almost done with high school, so I have the time to invest in learning Tarot. I've been actively studying Tarot for about 3 months now. I am at the point where I am getting familiar with basic card meanings. My practice has so far gotten me to meditate daily again after a long break and has pushed me to once again access my intuition, which has laid dormant while I was busy raising my two children.

Over the years, I've studied Clairvoyance and have dabbled in different divination systems like Runes, playing cards, I Ching. I've dabbled in Tarot in the past as well; as a matter of fact, my first deck was the Sacred Rose Tarot purchased around 1992. It was the only deck I had until recently when I rediscovered Tarot.

The Tarot decks I currently have are Radiant Rider Waite (my fav so far), Morgan Greer, Golden Thread (love the look but I need the imagery right now so am not using this deck at all yet), and of course, the Sacred Rose Tarot, which I still love.

The Oracle decks I have came from my time exploring and delving into all things Hayhouse about 10 years ago when I studied to become an accredited Life Coach. They are Doreen Virtue's Life Purpose Oracle Deck, The Mary Queen of Angels Oracle Deck, Denise Linn's Soul Coaching, and Sonia Choquette's Soul Lessons Oracle Deck.

I'm so excited to have found this community, and I'm looking forward to learning about Tarot with all of you!
Hi and welcome to the forum :-)

Hope to see you a lot around here :-)

Tor
Time is desire

Return to “New Members Welcome & Introduction”