This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

TAROTS SAID OF MARSEILLE

Discussion of the symbolism, history and how to read with the Marseilles
Yves Le Marseillais
Seer

TAROTS SAID OF MARSEILLE

Post by Yves Le Marseillais »

Saturday 19th May 2018

Bonjour and Hello from Marseille City 8-)

I just receved information about this coming soon Tarot forum.[/size]

I really hope this new forum will be a great successor of the famous and alas closed forum Aeclectic Tarot Forum.

The need of a multi language forum is vital for our community to facilitate exchanges between different cultures as Anglo Saxon and €uropeans of East and West parts.Plus Asia zone of course.

My specific goal is to shows variety of Tarot of Marseille pattern as to encourage curiosity, respect of differences and "teach" by facts and exemples.

For this I created in 2011 my own line of historical tarots: Facsimile or faithfull restitution depending of existing originals decks.

Feel free to visit my website and particularly his "Gallery of tarots"

http://tarot-de-marseille-heritage.com/ ... index.html

Enjoy and rendez vous on Cult of tarot !!

Have a great week end,

Yves
dodalisque
Sage

Re: TAROTS SAID OF MARSEILLE

Post by dodalisque »

Hi Yves,
Wonderful to see your name in this forum at Cult of Tarot. Everybody interested in tarot misses Aeclectic so much, and hopefully this site will be the replacement we have all been waiting for. Perhaps all the people who buy your wonderful decks will follow you here and the community can begin to grow again. I am sending notes to my tarot friends to encourage them to come here. Are you or Wilfried planning any new projects this year? Perhaps "Cult of Tarot" is not the best name for the site, but "Aeclectic" was a crazy name too! All the best.
Dodalisque
Yves Le Marseillais
Seer

Bonjour Dodalisque and all,

Yes. This year 2018 I will publish with my colleague Wilfried two new historical tarots that were never issued since hundred years.
By end of August coming if all things goes well.
It will be a surprise for all.
This forum is a good place to meet together of course and I try to informs too about it.

Have a nice day.

Yves
BreathingSince72
Sage

Post by BreathingSince72 »

Greetings Yves Le Marseillais,

I have seen your site with your beautiful tarots and am certain I will shop there soon. Although I have been reading for many, many years, I’ve only recently “discovered” the TDM and as I have shared elsewhere, I liken it to finding solid food after having only drank water. I see that you are an artist. I have had my hands in many an artistic fire and would love learning more about how you create cards. I certainly look forward to your end of August announcement. Also, I love your leather tarot cases! I am getting ready to start making some wooden boxes for some decks but I like how the cases you create invite people to carry their tarot. I carry mine all places but I do worry about the tuck box getting damaged in my purse.

Cheers!

Victoria
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
BreathingSince72
Sage

Just revisited your site. Was it you who had the leather tarot cases? I’m not certain now. 😞 However I do recognize your decks....stunning!
The opposite of truth is falsehood but the opposite of one profound truth may well be another profound truth.
Yves Le Marseillais
Seer

Bonjour Breething,

I see that you mixed up a little about leather box.

My box are sturdy and telescopic and in cartoon wrapped with nice pictures of deck.
I Menneghelo do superb boxes but not in leather I think or not only.
Oswaldo Menegghelo do care about his boxes (and cards of course). I visited him in Milan.

Boxes may be expensives and I try to find a nice solution as to propose not too expensive decks but with highest quality possible.

Thank a lot for your appreciation of my work !

Salutations from Marseille France

Yves
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

BreathingSince72 wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 16:20 Just revisited your site. Was it you who had the leather tarot cases? I’m not certain now. 😞 However I do recognize your decks....stunning!
I think you may be thinking of Flornoy? He offers a leather case for the Noblet.

Yves - your boxes are excellent - strong and beautiful!
15314997935151237474313890105147.jpg
BreathingSince72
Sage

CharlotteK, I think you are right! I have looked at so many TDM sites and decks as of late. It can become confusing. Yves, the papers you wrap your decks in look extremely familiar. I just purchased one from a European seller johnnytarot on EBay. I believe it was the Madenié although one of the employees spelled it with an “r” and another simply spelled it “Madine.” I eagerly await its receipt. Again, your site and decks are beautiful. And CharlotteK, I am sure it was the Flornoy Noblet deck. Thanks for clearing that up!

I am making carved wooden boxes for my decks and will post pics when done. 😍

Victoria
Yves Le Marseillais
Seer

Yes it is Flornoy ! of course I have his leather boxes too !!
Sorry to have forgot Jean Claude and Roxanne Flornoy.
Roxanne keep on dealing Flornoy productions.
Best

Yves
Yves Le Marseillais
Seer

Bonjour and Hello,

Here are some pics of my two new historical tarot decks to be issued by end October 2018 coming.
Send me your email , name and country to be well informed with my fresh Newsletter in due time.
Cordialy,

Yves Reynaud
Attachments
TAROT A  .JPG
SAM_0423 - Copie.JPG
BreathingSince72
Sage

Oh, temptor most foul! Would that my pocket book could manage all your amazing decks! I think I recognize your new stuff. I will make a way!

V
dodalisque
Sage

Post by dodalisque »

Yves,
The Rochias and Arnoux et Amphoux decks arrived in Canada safe and sound. Beautiful as always. The variety in the decks you make is like the difference between different types of single malt whisky. I always particularly enjoy your witty and poetic choice of card for the top of the box. I am looking forward to your next decks of course, and also to the English translation of Wilfired Houdouin's book about his great Millenium Tarot.
All the best,
Tom Thornbury
Yves Le Marseillais
Seer

dodalisque wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 22:15 Yves,
The Rochias and Arnoux et Amphoux decks arrived in Canada safe and sound. Beautiful as always. The variety in the decks you make is like the difference between different types of single malt whisky. I always particularly enjoy your witty and poetic choice of card for the top of the box. I am looking forward to your next decks of course, and also to the English translation of Wilfired Houdouin's book about his great Millenium Tarot.
All the best,
Tom Thornbury
Merci Tom !!

Yves
BreathingSince72
Sage

Yves, I am in love with the idea of owning these decks. I will likely buy them both after I receive my tax return...because I have no self control and because they are beautiful!
CaraHamilton
Seer

Post by CaraHamilton »

My Payen Tarot de Marseilles was made by Yves. Wonderful work
"Let me fall if I must fall. The one I will become will catch me"
The Baal Shem Tov
Yves Le Marseillais
Seer

CaraHamilton wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 21:27 My Payen Tarot de Marseilles was made by Yves. Wonderful work
Bonjour Cara,

Merci beaucoup for your appreciation of my work.

I prepare news historical restitution for 2019. Hope for early Summer.

Salutations from France Marseille

Yves
Yves Le Marseillais
Seer

BreathingSince72 wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 00:56 Yves, I am in love with the idea of owning these decks. I will likely buy them both after I receive my tax return...because I have no self control and because they are beautiful!
Bonjour Breathing,

Merci beaucoup !

All decks are still in sufficent stock and wait you.

Cordialy,

Yves

Return to “Tarot de Marseille”