This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Review: Friar's Delight Lenormand

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Diana
Sage

Review: Friar's Delight Lenormand

Post by Diana »

My Friar's Delight has arrived !! Am so pleased.

So first the box is beautiful and sturdy and easy to open and close and any wear and tear would take millions of hours of usage. The little white book is lovely. The introduction in the lwb is delightful and was a pleasure to read. The basic meanings are all there and easy to follow.

Now the cards are wonderful. Firstly their size is perfect. So easy to hold in one's hands, and it's sort of like holding beautiful little treasures. I got the impression that I was holding some sweet and tiny children, all ready to play with me. The card stock is sturdy and the cards are, HALLELUJAH, not slippery. They're more like high quality decks of old European tarots. Not that smooth sort of feel of modern tarots. It's so appropriate for this deck and its theme !! (The printers did a helluva good job. I take my hat off to them.)

The black background isn't oppressive at all - it serves perfectly to highlight the delicate and intricate colours of the actual pictures of the cards. The colours stand out so well in front of this dark background and each one seems to shine. A treat for the eyes indeed.

The actual pictures are beautiful. It's like stepping into another world, but somehow and oddly, still familiar. You should see the Crossroad 22, the Sun 31 and the Moon 32 - one just wants to stare at them for ages and listen to the mysteries they whisper in our ears. Joan Marie, could you maybe post some high quality photos of these three cards ? I love them so much.

It's a deck also that has that very special Joan Marie touch. You know the one I mean.. her talent and wisdom and laughter and sensitivity, and ability to see magic and then go out and create some more, and all that kind of thing. I feel a little bit honoured and humbled to have her creation in my hands.

I'm looking forward to discovering the Lenormand with this deck when I have time. Lenormand is not something I've looked into and this is a perfect opportunity !

There, I think I'm done.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Review: Friar's Delight Lenormand

Post by Joan Marie »

Thank you so much for the lovely words. I'm so glad you are pleased.

Here are those images you requested. Note the outer gold edge is not that wide on the actual cards, and of course the corners are rounded.
I made changes at the end and only have the print versions saved. I have to re-save and post the web images.

22 crossroad.jpg
31 sun.jpg
32 moon.jpg

Friar's Delight is available at my other website, Rabbit's Moon Tarot
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I just got my decks delivered (they were mailed to me at the same time as everyone else's) and I really have to agree that the printer, Ivy Feng, did a beautiful job. I really couldn't be happier with her work.

By the way, this is the same printer I will use for the Button Soup Tarot. She worked very closely with me to help me get everything just right and it made all the difference.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I went to my local meetup last night and took this. Satisfied customers all around.

20191114_191243.jpg
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Wow! Thank you so much, for posting this and for everything. Seems like you are a very good and positive influence!

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”