This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

new to astrology

Correspondences, decans, charts, constellations, ... Everything about the stars and heavens.
shadowrose
Seer

new to astrology

Post by shadowrose »

okay, growing up I was never exposed to astrology beyond knowing my Zodiac sign. So, while I was filling out my profile here, I was asked for my Zodiac sign, my Moon sign and Ascendant sign. I never knew about those other two! Fortunately there was a link for me to discover what those other two signs were.

My Zodiac sign is Sagittarius, which I always knew.

My Moon sign is Taurus.

My Ascendant sign is Libra.

So what does that mean? I assume the other two play into my overall personality, etc, which would explain somethings because I never felt that Sag descriptions really fit me, though I am really drawn to the symbol of the archer.

The "test" also produced a lot of other results about houses, etc. that I don't have a clue about. Would be interesting to know what it all means. I assume it would have a connection to my tarot readings....
I Sunshine
Sybil

Re: new to astrology

Post by I Sunshine »

How fun for you, shadowrose! There is so much more to Astrology than just the popular Sun sign. Here is a site where you can create a free account and be able to see your whole astrological chart. You are very right: all the planets and the houses and where things are go into the over all picture. Astrodeinst also has a lot of information about the different parts of your chart and quite a bit of it is for free. I am not an expert by any means (and I am hoping some of our more knowledgeable members will chime in), that is why I don't want to try to explain the connections between these 3 basic areas! Don't want to steer you wrong.

Astrodienst at https://www.astro.com
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

Thank you! I will certainly check that out. A few months ago I downloaded an excerpt from a course on Tarot and Astrology, I just came across it today as I was re-organizing my tarot notebook, and right there on the first page it explained the meanings to all three signs (in general terms) so now I understand their purpose, just have to look into how my signs in those three areas play together, lol.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm pretty new to astrology too. The way I understand it is that your sun sign is, more or less, your sense of yourself and who you are at your core, your moon is more of your emotional nature and the ascendent is how you present/project yourself to the world.
I believe in Crystal Light.
shadowrose
Seer

Post by shadowrose »

that makes sense. thank you!

Return to “Astrology”