This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

I wish this forum was more active!

A place to comment about the forum. (Please See Guidelines)
Forum rules
Forum Guidelines: Use this space for questions and comments about the forum.

Please do not post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.
PrincessOfSong
Seer

I wish this forum was more active!

Post by PrincessOfSong »

πŸ˜₯
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: I wish this forum was more active!

Post by Joan Marie »

I couldn't agree more.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot πŸ’š
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

So let's do all we can to give input and ask questions and read for each other...
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I am open to all ideas from everybody. Please post them here in this thread.

Lurkers, what say you? How can we tempt you into contributing and participating more?

Let's do a little brainstorming.
Grizabella
Seer

Post by Grizabella »

Well, don't overlook the fact that each member participating makes it more active and brings in new members. Let's all put our minds to making some efforts to post a lot, pick attractive topics and maybe we can get it going. :) I'm game if you are.
This is the link to my website. Feel free to visit it: My Tippy Tea House I specialize in relationship readings but I read on all topics. I offer a wide variety of prices and offer coupons and gift certificates, so handy during the holidays. I will also barter for decks and other items.

Check out the great savings at my Christmas Super Sale.
BlueStar
Sage

Post by BlueStar »

I think the forum activity has increased in the past few months so that's great. Forums can take time to get increased following. If it seems a bit slow then it's up to us to post to get it more active:) And spread the word about the forum too.

I've just posted a new post about a fun exercise for learning cards I did if anyone wants to join in and comment or do something similar and share it
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=882

Perhaps this could be a game in the games section? Maybe each month someone can put something in a box and we read on it? Not sure if that would be too complicated, just an idea as I really enjoyed doing this and found it useful.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I just wish I had more time :( The forum is building up though and has some wonderful content and members. I'll try and be a bit more active too.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

CharlotteK wrote: ↑15 Nov 2018, 08:55 The forum is building up though and has some wonderful content and members.
I really agree with this. I couldn't be more pleased with the atmosphere here and with the quality of the posts and interactions.

I so look forward to more and more people adding their voices to this forum and opening more and more doors to new topics, discussions and ideas.

The more individual voices join in, the more special each one becomes.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

BlueStar wrote: ↑15 Nov 2018, 08:49 I think the forum activity has increased in the past few months so that's great. Forums can take time to get increased following. If it seems a bit slow then it's up to us to post to get it more active:) And spread the word about the forum too.
Spreading the word would be such a help to everyone. I know there are so many people looking for what we have here but just don't know about it. mentions on Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc, would all help.
BlueStar wrote: ↑15 Nov 2018, 08:49 I've just posted a new post about a fun exercise for learning cards I did if anyone wants to join in and comment or do something similar and share it
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=882

Perhaps this could be a game in the games section? Maybe each month someone can put something in a box and we read on it? Not sure if that would be too complicated, just an idea as I really enjoyed doing this and found it useful.
I think there is a large contingency of lurkers who are hesitating to join in out of a kind of shyness or maybe not feeling 100% confident. Any activities or threads that could help break that barrier so that people could get their feet wet a bit and see that it's not so competitive here and that people are encouraging and supportive.

Also, I truly believe that most people who are shy about their abilities are surprised to learn they are quite a bit more talented at reading than they thought. Joining reading groups, doing exchanges & playing the various games develops skills and builds confidence. Even joining in conversations will help you learn and find your own style, your own "Tarot Voice".
tiagohyp
Seeker

Post by tiagohyp »

Hello, I'm new here, but I just want to say that I saw this topic before signing up in the forum and it was what really made me decide to join. I could feel inspired by how you guys are passionate about being active in this community and make it grow. Well, I guess I will try to help you with that, I'll try to be active and share ideas and thoughts so we can all grow.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

What a lovely thing to say tiagohyp!

We are all so glad you are here!

And I also want to thank PrincessOfSong for starting this thread.

There are so many different, interesting and wonderful people in this community already. I have a very positive feeling from all of you and can't thank you all enough for being here and sharing so much. ❀️❀️❀️
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I like the site design and layout, and I learn a lot from the knowledgeable denizens here like Nemia. I also have some guys here whose reading techniques I really admire, and the insights I've gleaned from them are priceless.

I engage in social media only to the extent that is necessary, since I need to present an engaging professional image. That said, this is the only forum I maintain a membership in (aside from BB) because I learn a lot from my interactions with the wise folks here. To those who are genuinely curious about the art of Tarot and who still hesitate on joining: don't be afraid of dipping your feet and testing the waters. It's been a very productive experience for me, and I'm glad that I jumped in.

Was very busy at work the past few weeks, but I'll try to contribute whenever I could.
Start strong
End stronger
Grizabella
Seer

Post by Grizabella »

A lot depends on how active the members are. If we want it to grow, then we all need to post stuff as often as we can. Start threads in various forums daily, refer friends who are into Tarot to this forum, etc. Even if you don't feel like posting in a reading sub-forum, post something in another category. We'll all get out of this whatever we put into it.
This is the link to my website. Feel free to visit it: My Tippy Tea House I specialize in relationship readings but I read on all topics. I offer a wide variety of prices and offer coupons and gift certificates, so handy during the holidays. I will also barter for decks and other items.

Check out the great savings at my Christmas Super Sale.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Grizabella wrote: ↑05 Dec 2018, 21:36 A lot depends on how active the members are. If we want it to grow, then we all need to post stuff as often as we can. Start threads in various forums daily, refer friends who are into Tarot to this forum, etc. Even if you don't feel like posting in a reading sub-forum, post something in another category. We'll all get out of this whatever we put into it.
One of the things that makes this forum what it is, is the quality and thoughtfulness of the posts and the focus on topic, the cards. As much as I hope that activity increases, I wouldn't want to sacrifice that quality and focus.

Referring people is great because I think there are a lot of people who just haven't found us yet. Anything we can do to help them is good for everyone.
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Hi - finally came over to join. I used to be quite active off and on on Aeclectic and haven't really found a new home yet. Also have decided on a new name; let's see what turning over a new leaf looks like. Or a new card :)
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

jaq wrote: ↑07 Dec 2018, 21:20 Hi - finally came over to join. I used to be quite active off and on on Aeclectic and haven't really found a new home yet. Also have decided on a new name; let's see what turning over a new leaf looks like. Or a new card :)
a lot of us are "leaves" blown in the wind since the closing of AT. welcome.
spending a Night on Earth with Jim Jarmusch enjoying Coffee and Cigarettes
jaq
Sage

Post by jaq »

Thank you!
Moonraiz
Seeker

Post by Moonraiz »

BlueStar wrote: ↑15 Nov 2018, 08:49 I think the forum activity has increased in the past few months so that's great. Forums can take time to get increased following. If it seems a bit slow then it's up to us to post to get it more active:) And spread the word about the forum too.

I've just posted a new post about a fun exercise for learning cards I did if anyone wants to join in and comment or do something similar and share it
viewtopic.php?f=78&t=882

Hello BlueStar :) I’m new here I love this idea about the different games each day or even read for each other if needed I’m also trying to learn and grow more with my cards.. Wishing u a wonderful day
Moonraiz
Seeker

Post by Moonraiz »

Hello Everyone I’m Moonraiz I’m new here how can I join?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Moonraiz wrote: ↑10 Dec 2018, 12:16 Hello Everyone I’m Moonraiz I’m new here how can I join?
Hi Moonraiz, I see you're starting to find your way around the forum.
There is a section called Reading Together: Groups, Circles, Exchanges, Games & More That's where you will find a lot of activities you might be interested in joining in on. It looks like you have found you're way there already.

The best idea is to take a little time getting familiar with the forum. You might see something that surprises you fits like a glove.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. You can send me (Joan Marie) a PM if you like.
Moonraiz
Seeker

Post by Moonraiz »

Thank you so muchβ˜ΊοΈπŸ’•

Return to β€œMisc. Topics about The Cult of Tarot Forum”