This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Spirit Keeper's Tarot study group?

A place to comment about the forum. (Please See Guidelines)
Forum rules
Forum Guidelines: Use this space for questions and comments about the forum.

Please do not post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.
Tarot_scholar
Seer

Spirit Keeper's Tarot study group?

Post by Tarot_scholar »

I can't be the only one among us who splurged on the Spirit Keeper's Tarot, can I? ;) I've been working through the original majors-only workbook first, minus the ritual coloring (I kind of want to get all of the analytical stuff out of the way first, and then go back for the intuitive bits), and I find what I really want is other people to bounce ideas and impressions off of. Benebell's accompanying texts are incredibly thorough, of course, no shade there! But talking ("talking") out my ideas really helps me figure them out.

NB, mods, I'm not volunteering to ORGANIZE the group. :lol: But I could help, maybe? And I'd definitely participate if there was one! It might help me finish my work on this deck faster. I downloaded the original Majors-only deck as soon as she put it up, plus the guide book, and so far I'm on The Lovers. =/
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Spirit Keeper's Tarot study group?

Post by Joan Marie »

Tarot_scholar wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 20:51 NB, mods, I'm not volunteering to ORGANIZE the group. :lol: But I could help, maybe? And I'd definitely participate if there was one! It might help me finish my work on this deck faster. I downloaded the original Majors-only deck as soon as she put it up, plus the guide book, and so far I'm on The Lovers. =/
I'm all for this idea. There certainly is a lot to The Spirit Keeper's Tarot to discuss.

I could set up a sub-forum for it in the "Card-by-Card" forum.

Maybe it would be best to just leave it open for people to start discussions on individual cards. For clarity and organising sake, I could set it up with a separate place for Majors and each suit, like the other card study groups. I could do it tomorrow.

How does that sound? I'm totally open to ideas.

(Also, I saw that Benebell recently joined this forum so if we are lucky maybe she'd even participate in it some. )
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Tarot_scholar
Seer

Post by Tarot_scholar »

Joan Marie wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 21:26 (Also, I saw that Benebell recently joined this forum so if we are lucky maybe she'd even participate in it some. )
AHHH I'M DYING THAT WOULD BE THE FUCKIN' TOPS

I think a separate forum to start with is good. If some kind soul then feels up to organizing a whole study group...thing...that can come later. But just a space to discuss it would scratch that itch for me!

(ETA: There's a FB group for the SKT, I think? Or some kind of private FB group for something Benebell is attached to, so I guess there's always that. But I'm Internet old school and prefer forums to Facebook.)
Sezo
Seeker

Post by Sezo »

Totally up for posting and exploring this with you all :D I freaking love this deck. I have the Book of Maps but I have just ordered it on Lulu to get the print copy.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I'm looking into how to set this up. Typically, it would make sense to create, under one heading, 5 sub-forums: one for the Major Arcana and one for each of the 4 suits of the minor arcana. Normally that is a nice neat way to keep things organised.

But looking into this deck, I'm not sure if that makes sense for The Spirit Keeper's Tarot. Benebell seems to group them by number, aces, twos, etc. She also speaks of realms which is maybe a better way to organise.

I'm simply not familiar enough to be sure and am looking for suggestions. I will try to contact Benebell and see if she has any recommendations.
So I just want you all to know I am working on this and will open up the Spirit Keeper's Tarot Study Group as soon as I can. Maybe it is okay just to have 2 subforums, Major & Minor. My concern is that people find it usable, i.e. can find what they are looking for when they come to the study group.

Any comments or ideas you have are very welcome!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I got a response from Benebell about how to best organise a study group here for the Spirit Keeper's Tarot. I don't think she'll mind if I post it here.
Hi Joan Marie:

I think the standard setup works!

The Majors are subdivided into three sets of seven, where the first set is about personal development, knowing yourself; the second set is about understanding the world around you, gaining a foothold on social context; and the third is about understanding Divinity and what Divinity means to you and understanding its influence or presence in your life. In other words, when working with any of the Majors 1-7, filter it through the framework of "know thyself." Keys 8-14 are about the laws of nature, laws of humanity, principles of context, that kind of thing-- know the world you live in. Etc.

Going by suits works in the Minors. Each card in the suit of Scepters has a different function, which already makes sense as applied to any tarot deck and just the tarot system in general.

I think maybe the key difference is the Archangel (tarot King) card is the highest celestial power or authority in each suit. The court cards are the celestial forces that govern the suit. Ace is the spark, the energy required to manifest anything in that suit. Then Twos to Tens is just 9 different facets of that suit's correspondences.

So I would say stick with the standard approach. =) I assume SKT isn't the only deck any one given person is studying, so by keeping it standardized, it makes it a lot easier for any one individual to cross-reference between the decks they're working with.

Hope that helps,
B.
So, I will put that together tomorrow. I'm really excited. This deck is so inherently interesting and really lends to a lot of discussion.
Additionally, I am going to open up all the study groups and move away from the "leader-led" format. I think it will work better and be more interesting and active.
Tarot_scholar
Seer

Post by Tarot_scholar »

This is so exciting! :D I was about to post that a Majors/Minors/Courts split seems pretty logical to me, for any deck but especially for SKT.

Thank you so much, Joan Marie!
Sezo
Seeker

Post by Sezo »

squeeeee... exciting!

I have been colouring in a couple of the Majors tonight so for me this feels even more 'auspicious' :D
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I've opened up the study group. You can find it HERE

Best way to get it started is to jump right in!

skt01.jpg

Return to “Misc. Topics about The Cult of Tarot Forum”