This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Indie Deck Review

Old News we just couldn't part with entirely
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Indie Deck Review

Post by Joan Marie »

Our friends at Indie Deck Review have worked out a little exchange with us here at Cult of Tarot.

On our List of Decks you will now see links to reviews found on the Indie Deck Review site. In exchange they have added an ad for this forum into the rotation on their site of "IDR Friends and Supporters".

Our efforts compliment each other well, and keep us very busy with all the beautiful decks out there to be listed and reviewed and the extraordinary creators for us to meet and learn about.

So thanks to everyone at Indie Deck Review! Here's to sharing this remarkable journey.

Click on this image to see it play.
Click on this image to see it play.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Indie Deck Review

Post by Joan Marie »

All Cult of Tarot members are of course still invited and encouraged to add your own reviews of decks and books here in our Review section. I will also create a link from any deck in our list to any review of that deck posted on this forum.

Please feel free to PM me if I miss making the link.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Ah, that's great. I love reading deck reviews and wish I had more time to read them. I think it's so interesting - everybody gets something else from a book or tarot deck.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

That's a great site. Dangerous though. I am DESPERATE for the New Wave tarot now, ha ha, and reminds me also I've had the Tarot de Croix on my wishlist for a long time...
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

taking a break from a delicious and early Thanksgiving meal...........the Guided Hand Tarot :o OMG :o ..............

the Queen of Wands is MARSHA P. JOHNSON

:shock: ..... :o ..... :shock: ..... :o ..... :shock:
spending a Night on Earth with Jim Jarmusch enjoying Coffee and Cigarettes
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

uscss.Nostromo wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 22:01 the Queen of Wands is MARSHA P. JOHNSON
so cool. ❤️ Nice tribute to a brave and beautiful soul.
The Queen of Wands motto: Be the Flame, not the moth.
uscss.Nostromo
Seer

Post by uscss.Nostromo »

Joan Marie wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 22:25
uscss.Nostromo wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 22:01 the Queen of Wands is MARSHA P. JOHNSON
so cool. ❤️ Nice tribute to a brave and beautiful soul.
The Queen of Wands motto: Be the Flame, not the moth.

an excellent motto to live by.

I am in SHOCK.......there are those of us who might actually have used her for the Judgement card, entirely appropriate!!!!

I can't stay away from the food........nibble nibble, must have a cigarette and lie down a bit........I have suffered a severe shock ........I need coffee.
spending a Night on Earth with Jim Jarmusch enjoying Coffee and Cigarettes
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

This is exactly why I am so enthusiastic about modern tarot decks right now. People are taking the imagery and iconography into new and interesting places while maintaining the concepts and spirit of tarot. Artists have such a free hand right now to explore all the facets of modern life and how diverse groups of people experience it, and reflect it all artistically and spiritually in decks of cards.

I've added almost 50 decks to the List of Decks in just the past 3 weeks, all of them published in the last couple of years. (I continue to add, there are 100's more) It's been so inspiring. It's also great to discover places like Indie Deck Review where you can feel the same kind of enthusiasm and dedication to exploring the work that is constantly surprising us.
tiagohyp
Seeker

Post by tiagohyp »

I am in love with the reviews in this site, thank you so much for this partnership. I' ve met some incredible decks there already, it's very inspiring.

Return to “News Archive”