This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Feedback and Questions About The Forum

Old News we just couldn't part with entirely
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Feedback and Questions About The Forum

Post by Joan Marie »

Please share your overall first impression of the forum.

Something you like or dislike? Any surprises? Anything at all that you can share is very appreciated.

Also ask ANY questions you may have about the forum.

If you have a question about how something works or are experiencing a technical issue, please click HERE for assistance.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot πŸ’š
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Re: Feedback and Questions About The Forum

Post by RavenOfSummer »

Hello! Thanks for opening the forum for us to test out!

I see there are boards for Mythology and for Kabbalah, but wondering if there is an area for members to discuss more general spirituality? And also what about herbs, where should any discussions related to that go?

Thanks!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

RavenOfSummer wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 12:51 Hello! Thanks for opening the forum for us to test out!

I see there are boards for Mythology and for Kabbalah, but wondering if there is an area for members to discuss more general spirituality? And also what about herbs, where should any discussions related to that go?

Thanks!
Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding herbs, I think I will connect that with the forum for Crystals and minerals. I think that kind of fits, especially when you think of the pictures on instagram of Tarot cards surrounded by crystals and herb bundles!

If it were to really grow and warrant it's own forum, we can separate it later.

Spirituality would fit in the same category as Kabbalah etc, "The Journey Continues". It's another journey, right? I've never been crazy about that word though, spirituality. It has a strong religious connotation and I don't think the topic is limited to that. It also makes me think of ghosts! I think maybe there is a better word or phrase for what we're talking about. But you are right, we need something there.

-Joan
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Post by RavenOfSummer »

Joan Marie wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 13:23
RavenOfSummer wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 12:51 Hello! Thanks for opening the forum for us to test out!

Thanks!
Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding herbs, I think I will connect that with the forum for Crystals and minerals. I think that kind of fits, especially when you think of the pictures on instagram of Tarot cards surrounded by crystals and herb bundles!

If it were to really grow and warrant it's own forum, we can separate it later.

Spirituality would fit in the same category as Kabbalah etc, "The Journey Continues". It's another journey, right? I've never been crazy about that word though, spirituality. It has a strong religious connotation and I don't think the topic is limited to that. It also makes me think of ghosts! I think maybe there is a better word for what we're talking about. But you are right, we need something there.

-Joan
I agree crystals and herbs fit well together =)

And yes, more general spirituality discussions would be a natural fit for "The Journey Continues" I think! Not sure about wording...I think a lot of people use the word spirituality because it can encompass both religious and non-religious journeys towards something greater. I really like discussing Wheel of the Year practices especially, related to the different holidays (Beltane, Summer Solstice, etc) so always love to see an area where such discussion is welcome. If I think of any others potentially good descriptors other than spirituality that would be all-encompassing for something like that I'll share them :)
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Post by RavenOfSummer »

Thanks for considering my questions!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Have a look now. You may have to refresh the page to see the changes.
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Post by RavenOfSummer »

Yes! Thank you! "Exploring the Spiritual Paths" sounds great :)
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

i find a number of the forum topic titles ambiguous - would it be wise and/or helpful to have a brief outline of what each forum heading is all about? for instance, i wasn't sure what "Tarot for Yourself" was all about, but a number of other forum topics are also somewhat obscure.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

chiscotheque wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 17:14 i find a number of the forum topic titles ambiguous - would it be wise and/or helpful to have a brief outline of what each forum heading is all about? for instance, i wasn't sure what "Tarot for Yourself" was all about, but a number of other forum topics are also somewhat obscure.
I agree some of the descriptions under the titles could use some work.

In addition to that, there is the option for extended descriptions at the top of each individual forum. For example look here:
viewforum.php?f=36

At the top you see the rose colored box with guidelines for the forum. Typically that space is used for "rules" but it could/should be used to create more detailed descriptions of the individual forums.

I will work on that.
chiscotheque
Sage

Post by chiscotheque »

yes - maybe in the section for rules could be included a general guideline for that forum.
fun afterthought: maybe the heading could be: Forum Decorum :)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

chiscotheque wrote: ↑18 May 2018, 19:30 yes - maybe in the section for rules could be included a general guideline for that forum.
fun afterthought: maybe the heading could be: Forum Decorum :)
Unfortunately, the heading can't be changed. It's coded in.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I LOVE the "wherever on the forum you roam..." line with a link to the home page. I tend to get lost in endless loops and I love this shortcut. It's those little things that make a place feel great for me :-)
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Dumb question time! I see how to attach a jpg. Can we attach pdfs? I'm a spread person, so I often want to attach a pretty version of a spread along with the simple one in the thread.
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Rachelcat wrote: ↑22 May 2018, 20:55 Dumb question time! I see how to attach a jpg. Can we attach pdfs? I'm a spread person, so I often want to attach a pretty version of a spread along with the simple one in the thread.
That is not a dumb question at all.

You can drag and drop a PDF into a post same as an image. Click "Place inline" from the attachment window like you do for a jpg and it will appear in the post as a downloadable link.
KoyDeli
Seer

Post by KoyDeli »

Is there no 'new posts' or 'posts since your last visit' buttons?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Yes there is. Look in the drop-down list, upper left "Quick links".
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Post by RavenOfSummer »

Just wanted to say I really, really love the forum title, with the white flowers and the moon phase shown. It's very mystical and puts me in a tarot mood :) What type of flowers are those?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

RavenOfSummer wrote: ↑05 Jun 2018, 00:23 Just wanted to say I really, really love the forum title, with the white flowers and the moon phase shown. It's very mystical and puts me in a tarot mood :) What type of flowers are those?
I'm so glad you like that one. I like it too. The flowers look like chrysanthemums to me, but I am not sure.

I thought at first the banner should always be "tarot-card-themed" but that started to feel a little "on-the-nose" to have all the time so "Tarot-mood" has sort of started to take over in the "banner-creation dept".

I'm thinking of running a "Banner-Art" contest later, when we have more people, where members can submit photographs or artwork that will become one of the rotating banners.

Thanks for the comment!
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Sometimes it takes time to find a topic that I noticed the previous day but didn't have time to post in. A search facility for the forum as whole would be useful.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Pen wrote: ↑05 Jun 2018, 07:04 Sometimes it takes time to find a topic that I noticed the previous day but didn't have time to post in. A search facility for the forum as whole would be useful.
I will look into that. Thanks.

Alternatively, you can bookmark topics or subscribe to them. If you subscribe you will receive a notification when someone replies. If you bookmark it you can access the page from the little box on the right hand side of the homepage, "My Bookmarks." It works pretty sweet.

I made a short how to video about it, you can see here
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

That's useful - thanks!
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Pen wrote: ↑05 Jun 2018, 07:04 Sometimes it takes time to find a topic that I noticed the previous day but didn't have time to post in. A search facility for the forum as whole would be useful.
There is a search function under the "Quick Links" drop down list. (upper left of the screen)
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

That's brilliant - thanks!
All that we see or seem

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC

Return to β€œNews Archive”