This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Which 1 to pick?

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
Myperception
Sage

Which 1 to pick?

Post by Myperception »

Well, a quick one, manage to bump into these 2 decks that under my wish list in bangkok vacation now. Anyone can share some opinion which deck to pick or more suitable for me?

I will be in here for another 3 hours. Anyone wana say something? I welcome all opinions ;)
20190521_131452-01_compress0.jpg
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Which 1 to pick?

Post by Charlie Brown »

I have the Chinese Tarot Deck and I don't especially care for reading with it. I'm not Asian though. If I were, perhaps I would understand more in the images and be able to use it better. But, to me, It's more or less a RWS style deck with Asian decorations.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I think they both look pretty sweet (I had a quick peek on google images). I do not have either one so can't say how they read but I thought the Chinese one had a nice vibe to it. But so did the Ramses one, although different.

hmm...can you get both?

If I had to pick one, I think I'd take the Chinese one.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

Charlie and Joan, thanks alot ! I am getting the chinese deck ! So excited and wait to unwrap it tonight 8-)

Please bear with me till this weekend, i will do this month tarot reading for Charlie and lenormand for Joan :)

Both of your readings for me, are great ! I will share my feedback this weekend as well ;)
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Myperception wrote: 21 May 2019, 09:29 Charlie and Joan, thanks alot ! I am getting the chinese deck ! So excited and wait to unwrap it tonight 8-)
How did it go with the Chinese Tarot deck? I've been pinning after this deck for months! It looks stunning in every way. Still on my wishlist.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

qndynes wrote: 05 Jun 2019, 19:33 How did it go with the Chinese Tarot deck? I've been pinning after this deck for months! It looks stunning in every way. Still on my wishlist.
It's very interesting to me, i m still in the midst of learning. It will be easier to read, practise or understand by asian compare to american/european from western background.

It's full of human character for all the cards, those characters came from chinese history, literature, culture, legends, it carry varies meaning. Even myself also have to refer back to some books for certain characters :lol:

Therefore it will take quite sometime to handle this deck. But in certain ways, combine chinese history background and RWS original meaning helps to paint a clearer picture with deeper meaning for me to read for situation and people LOL...
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm glad to hear that it's making a strong impression on you. I look forward to seeing you read with it.
I believe in Crystal Light.

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”