This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Spread maps

A catch-all forum for the things that don't seem to fit elsewhere. (please see guidelines)
Forum rules
FORUM DESCRIPTION & GUIDELINES:
This is the place for Topics, Discussions, Questions, Opinions and things that don't seem to fit within an existing category on the forum.

*IMPORTANT: Please help keep things focused. Feel free to post what you want here as long as it relates to the spirit of the Cult of Tarot. That means Cards of all kinds, Occult, Spiritualism, Astrology etc.

Please don't post technical issues here. For help with technical issues send an email to: support@cultoftarotforum.com or PM Joan Marie or visit the tech assistance forum.

Thank you so much
Nemia
Sage

Spread maps

Post by Nemia »

Inspired by my Summer Solstice Reading, I had a tiny spark of what was once a big light in my life: some modest creative energy ;-)

For a long time, I have admired and wanted the Skullgarden spread cloth, so beautiful:

goldspreadcloth-400x400.jpg
goldspreadcloth-400x400.jpg (123.33 KiB) Viewed 649 times

It is based on the RWS Wheel of Fortune card:

RWS_Tarot_10_Wheel_of_Fortune.jpg

In the corners, we have the winged Kerubic beasts (from Ezekiel's vision) which are the symbols of the fixed signs of the zodiac and also the symbols of the elements. Lion/Leo/Fire - Bull/Taurus/Earth - Eagle/Scorpio/Water - Winged Man (Angel)/Aquarius/Air.

The letters T A R O are written like a wheel so you can read them as the anagram sentence ROTA TORA ORAT TORA ATOR (discussed here).

The Hebrew letters of the tetragrammaton (the Shem ha Mephorash, the ineffable, implicit name) יהוה yod-he-vav-he are there, too.

And the four symbols of the basic alchemic elements: sulphur, mercury, salt and water.

elements.png
elements.png (2.79 KiB) Viewed 649 times

A wonderful map, very beautiful, and since it's sold out for ages, I planned to make one myself. Embroidery on black cloth... oh I made such difficult plans (where to get a transfer pencil for black cloth from?) but now I did it really simple. It turned out my less impressive than Skullgarden's original but I don't care. I can make a nicer one later but at least I know now how to do it.

010.jpg

And I can try to use it in readings, to see whether it works for me at all.

010.jpg

Not perfect, far from it - but I'm glad I made it.

And I'm in the middle of work for spreadmaps for all my Four Corners of the Year Readings. Great fun!
Attachments
0010b.jpg
velvetina
Seer

Re: Spread maps

Post by velvetina »

I like it! :)
Sorceress Vibes
Seer

Post by Sorceress Vibes »

Very nice! What fabric did you use?
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

No fabric at all, only a nice linen-quality cardboard :oops:

If I ever get the embroidery bug again, I'll use this spread map to transfer the pattern. Right now, I use it as it is. I want to get a feeling for the possibilities of this arrangement. Never worked with alchemical sigils before. And I love everything four-fold ;-)
Sorceress Vibes
Seer

Post by Sorceress Vibes »

Oh right, silly me I thought it was fabric! I only asked because I'm thinking of making my own spread cloth. I like to dabble in embroidery too, but it never crossed my mind to embrioder my cloth. I'll have to think about it.

And yes, I thought it suits you well with your affinity for four! 😄
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I made my first set of spread maps some years ago. A friend of mine wanted a tarot-related activity for her birthday celebration and asked me to prepare it. Since nobody except for me had a tarot background, I decided to prepare maps for the easiest and most accessible spreads.

I used an old art calendar and covered each page with golden acrylic colour, leaving only spots for the cards. Looking at them now, I think I made the card spots too large; the Expressionist paintings are too busy and scream for attention. But all that gold was quite nice :-)

I added the English card position titles later on the computer, the original maps were in Hebrew. Leter, I put English stickers on them. A mess.

tarot spread maps 7 wishspread.jpg
The Wish spread - with the Housewives Tarot

tarot spread maps 6 headhearthandsspread.jpg
Head, Heart, Hands spread - with the Shadowscapes

tarot spread maps 5 situationspread.jpg
Situation spread - with the Morgan Greer

tarot spread maps 4 SWOTspread.jpg
tarot spread maps 4 SWOTspread.jpg (110.84 KiB) Viewed 617 times
The SWOT spread - with the Inner Child Cards

tarot spread maps 2.JPG
Yes or No spread

It was useful then and we had a nice activity - and the fact that nothing was perfectly done actually added to the atmosphere because there was a craft activity towards the end and nobody would have dared to touch a pencil if I had overwhelmed them with perfection before :-)

Return to “Misc. Tarot Topics & Discussion”