This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Original Major Arcana vs First Edition

In-depth looks at your favourite decks and friendly discussions about individual cards and their symbolism and meanings. Something for everyone here. Tarot (modern & historical), Lenormand, & Oracle.
Tarot_scholar
Seer

Original Major Arcana vs First Edition

Post by Tarot_scholar »

(Mods, maybe move this elsewhere if you feel it's a poor fit for this forum!)

I downloaded the original Majors-only SKT when Benebell first shared it last year and have slowly been working through the recommended guide book exercises. I was wondering if anyone else was still working with those and how you're integrating that consecrating/opening work with the published deck. I was thinking of finishing the original Majors, and then going through the First Edition majors and meditating on the changes to the design, and then finally doing the ritual coloring with the images used in the First Edition majors.

How are the rest of you approaching this process?
Sezo
Seeker

Re: Original Major Arcana vs First Edition

Post by Sezo »

I have to admit I am late on to the SKT bandwagon and so I am just working with the First Edition images. However I do have the colouring book (which I believe are the earlier images of the Majors you are referring to?) and I want to colour those first, before I do the ritual colouring in the Book.
Tarot_scholar
Seer

Re: Original Major Arcana vs First Edition

Post by Tarot_scholar »

I completely forgot about the coloring book! Thanks for reminding me!

The images there look to be from the First Edition as well, however. But now I have a paper copy I can glue side-by-side with the originals for comparison. :)

Return to “The House of Cards: Asking Questions/Sharing Insights”