This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

I'm new to reading tarot cards

In-depth looks at your favourite decks and friendly discussions about individual cards and their symbolism and meanings. Something for everyone here. Tarot (modern & historical), Lenormand, & Oracle.
PrincessOfSong
Seer

I'm new to reading tarot cards

Post by PrincessOfSong »

Hi there Cult Of Tarot I'm Emma. Thank you for granting me a place on the forum. I would like to learn in a nutshell everything you need to know about tarot and how to use it. I don't see myself as spiritually gifted or a psychic but I do believe I am uniquely intuitive, which I think on some level it may relate to my having Autism and having a heightened senses. I think people having disabilities and learning disabilities may be connected to having interference and gifts, I believe I was meant to be exactly the way I am. Regarding the practice of reading Tarot cards, I'm still pretty new because although I started delving in tarot cards a while ago I never used these last two years asking questions for myself that could of benefited me for my best interests. Instead I have been obsessively asking my tarot cards out of pure boredom or delusional desperation to get the answers I wanted. I always asked people over and over the same questions, I was selfish. I had then thrown my first Rider Waite deck, that were larger and stunning! beautiful cards but I did keep one, due to myself having a clear out. I now have a much smaller version of the same Rider Waite images but I want to make sure if but most likely when because I will, ask questions for myself about and things connected to my life and interests, to ask my cards about what I could actually do with knowing. Before I bought a new Rider Waite deck I had been delving in Cartromancy, I'd like to discuss it with some of you one time. I know of a great young woman on YouTube her channel name is "Here There Everywhere Tarot" she does pick a card readings with ordinary playing cards, her videos are very entertaining and she is really unique and she definitely gives her all in describing what she sees and attempts to go deeper occasionally when its unclear by asking other questions to uncover the overall answer. I don't think she does personal readings :( I'd like to become a pro in a nutshell. I'm aware it will take time. I'd like to read for other people myself. I'm for the first time seriously thinking and wanting to read for folks on here in exchange for decent feedback when they have the time and as long as I get it. I'm not saying now. I may post again soon as I'm going to do mysel a career reading and post it on the forum for help with interpretations. Where shall I post it?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: I'm new to reading tarot cards

Post by Joan Marie »

Hi PrincessOfSong! So glad you have joined us.

I think it might be a good idea for you to take some time and look around the forum, find out what is here, the kinds of discussions we are having and how the forum is organised. There is already quite a lot here so take some time.

We do have a section for reading exchanges, you will find HERE
Have a look at the guidelines and see the kind of offers people are making and how it works.

There is another section called Your Readings where you can post a reading you have done and get feedback on your interpretation. You will find that HERE

Also, every Saturday, My Planetary Week starts. Have a look at that. It's a lot of fun and an interesting way to get some practice.

There are other things too that you might enjoy and will give you some good practice, The Divine Sentence Game for example.

And don't forget to check Today's Card. A new card is posted each day from a different deck each day with a message. (the link is in the upper left of the page in the menu bar)

So there are many options for yourself here. I would advise you to be patient waiting for responses. Also, be patient with yourself. It takes time to learn and remember it is the journey that stays with you.

Good luck, and if you need any help with anything send me a PM. (private message)
-Joan Marie
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
PrincessOfSong
Seer

Re: I'm new to reading tarot cards

Post by PrincessOfSong »

Thanks for the response and I 'm grateful for the welcoming and all the info you provided me :)

Return to “The House of Cards: Asking Questions/Sharing Insights”