This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

WIX

If you are a deck creator, writer, printer, professional reader, shop owner, or just want to learn more about the business side of Tarot, this is the place for you to discuss the issues, ideas, and innovations of the Tarot Biz.
chiscotheque
Sage

WIX

Post by chiscotheque »

i have used WIX to build my websites for years now - and i partly use it because i'm familiar with it. the only other host i've used is WordPress, which has its advantages, but Wix is easier and seems better designed for media. does anyone have any other sites they've used and can vouch for?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: WIX

Post by Joan Marie »

I use WIX also on my Cult of Weimar site. I like the store feature a lot. It works really well. Very accurate and organized.

Building the site with WIX is pretty easy. But I'm starting to feel it's limitations and it's a bit expensive come renewal time.
I have not delved into wordpress and I have no idea about it but I think I will need to soon.

What are the advantages of Wordpress?
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
DuckSoupProductions
Seer

Post by DuckSoupProductions »

My whole site is built with Blogger. There are many, many limitations, but most can be worked around to produce a site that's functional and not too fancy -- and it's completely free. That alone is a huge selling point in a medium where everything and everyone is out to grab a slice of the pie. (Don't get me started about Etsy!)

That said, it's getting more antiquated every year, with few (if any) new features added. I'll likely stay with them as long as it gets the job done, but many are the occasions when I wonder if I need a more dynamic site.
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game." -- William Faulkner.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

DuckSoupProductions wrote: 20 May 2018, 23:18 That alone is a huge selling point in a medium where everything and everyone is out to grab a slice of the pie. (Don't get me started about Etsy!)
This is one reason I like the WIX store. It does cost (I think it's like $100/yr) but it puts me in full control of all transactions. The only one taking a piece of the pie is paypal. For that hunny I get instant notifications, detailed transaction/shipping info, (which is archived for me) automatic emails to customers at purchase and at fulfillment and a couple other features.

If I had more stuff to sell, I would get a lot more value out of that $100.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
DuckSoupProductions
Seer

Post by DuckSoupProductions »

For sales and the shopping cart, I use ECWID. I like it very much, it's quite versatile, reasonably priced (I think it's free for eight items or less), and the shopping cart code plugs right into my standard blogger webpages, so it's fully and easily integrated no matter what service provider you use for your site. I only wish that I could get more of my customers to order that way, through my main site. But there are large numbers of people who, it seems, will only order via Etsy, which is why I maintain a completely separate Etsy shop. It is a pain in the ASS, but a necessary thing.
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game." -- William Faulkner.
reall
Sage

Post by reall »

I started with wix & liked it but moved to googlewebs for better web *visibility! :)
Also *modern googlewebs look totally rocks! xD

Return to “The Business of Tarot”