This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

8 swords!

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
Sophia D.
Seer

8 swords!

Post by Sophia D. »

Hi all! I'm new here and quite new with tarot to, hoping to learn with you guys.
I asked if a person from the past still thinks of me and got the 8 swords.
Would you interpret that as a yes but he feels he can't do much about it?
Or is it a no, he got other things in his mind now?
I pull a clarifier and got the 5 wands.
What do you think?
Diana
Sage

Re: 8 swords!

Post by Diana »

Sophia, even if you're new to the Tarot, please try and give your own interpretation first of this reading. What do you see and why ? You'll never learn to read the Tarot if you don't make some efforts to interpret the cards. That's the whole point of tarot forums - they're for mutual discussion and learning.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Sophia D.
Seer

Post by Sophia D. »

Hey Diane!
Well I thought I gave my interpretation.. as I said for me it could mean that he does think of me but feels restricted, or confused.
I dont know what else to add maybe you guys have more insights..
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Sophia D. wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 16:54 Hey Diane!
Well I thought I gave my interpretation.. as I said for me it could mean that he does think of me but feels restricted, or confused.
I dont know what else to add maybe you guys have more insights..
Gosh you're right. I seemed to have zapped that part of your post. My eyes need a rest I think - have been on the computer for 9 hours solid.

SORRY!!

I'll have a break from my computer now. If I can't even read posts properly, I'm not going to interpret a reading right this minute!

Again, my apologies.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Sophia D.
Seer

Post by Sophia D. »

:lol: :lol: Dont worry! I can relate to you, thats your body begging for some rest :)
Libra
Sage

Post by Libra »

For me, that card does carry the message that he does think of you, but his hands are tied. There's a reason you two aren't in contact and he's feeling bound by that. The 5 of Wands, if read as kind of a "tell me more" seems to indicate that he's caught up in a rat race, of sorts. Any distractions will take him off course and make him "lose" in comparison with his (possibly imagined) competitors.
Intuitive tarot to inspire & empower @ www.ResonatingReadings.com
Sophia D.
Seer

Post by Sophia D. »

Libra wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 19:39 For me, that card does carry the message that he does think of you, but his hands are tied. There's a reason you two aren't in contact and he's feeling bound by that. The 5 of Wands, if read as kind of a "tell me more" seems to indicate that he's caught up in a rat race, of sorts. Any distractions will take him off course and make him "lose" in comparison with his (possibly imagined) competitors.
Wow Libra thank you very much for your response, it actually makes a lot of sense in my situation .
Natural Mystic Guide
Seer

Post by Natural Mystic Guide »

Sophia D. wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 16:29
Would you interpret that as a yes ...
Or is it a no ...
What do you think?
Just a suggestion, Sophia, but you might want to try framing questions with words like how, why, in what way, what, or what do I need to know about...

It can often yield more complete information than a simple yes/no question. Have fun playing with this. 🌺

I use reversals. So my approach to any yes/no question is quite simplistic. upright means 'yes'; reversed means 'no'. I have a technique of shuffling that insures a good mix of upright and reversed cards. So presuming that the 8 of Swords is upright, I would say that 'yes' he does think of you. He thinks of you in a positive light and feels that your time together expanded his mental outlook and that also he credits you with helping him to go within -- to get more in touch with his feelings and his inner life.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

Herm. I made a post in this thread but it's not here. Oh well, i'm sure my thoughts weren't especially insightful.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Sophia D.
Seer

Post by Sophia D. »

Natural Mystic Guide wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 16:22
Sophia D. wrote: 26 Jan 2020, 16:29
Would you interpret that as a yes ...
Or is it a no ...
What do you think?
Just a suggestion, Sophia, but you might want to try framing questions with words like how, why, in what way, what, or what do I need to know about...

It can often yield more complete information than a simple yes/no question. Have fun playing with this. 🌺

I use reversals. So my approach to any yes/no question is quite simplistic. upright means 'yes'; reversed means 'no'. I have a technique of shuffling that insures a good mix of upright and reversed cards. So presuming that the 8 of Swords is upright, I would say that 'yes' he does think of you. He thinks of you in a positive light and feels that your time together expanded his mental outlook and that also he credits you with helping him to go within -- to get more in touch with his feelings and his inner life.
Thats exactly what my thoughts were when thinking about this, that if I had reframe my question in another way I could have had a more clear answer. Thank you for reminding me this, I will definitely have it in mind next time.

When I saw the card my first reaction was 'yikess! this doesnt look too good', I cant help feel that way anytime I see the 8 or 9 of swords I really dont like them. So its interesting to have a complete different view on it. Thank you!
Oh and I use reversals too, both of them were upright.
Sophia D.
Seer

Post by Sophia D. »

Charlie Brown wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 16:50 Herm. I made a post in this thread but it's not here. Oh well, i'm sure my thoughts weren't especially insightful.
Oh no, thats too bad, I would have loved to hear your point of view! :(
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Gosh, I hope I'm not confusing matters a bit here. But I'm back and this time I read everything properly !! 😂 Every word of the thread. Don't want to have a red face again.

My first impression of yesterday which I didn't post as I was visibly tired, is the same today and is just as strong. I think he's a wee bit scared of you... not scared like he's terrified or anything. But that you maybe intimidate him a bit ? Or something of that nature. Like you're a bit sort of hard to really approach - but that would come from his insecurities, not from anything you really did. He seems like a nice person. He just needs to lighten up a bit! I would think he's kind of a serious guy.

Yes, he thinks of you. No doubt.
Sophia D.
Seer

Post by Sophia D. »

Diana wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 22:01 Gosh, I hope I'm not confusing matters a bit here. But I'm back and this time I read everything properly !! 😂 Every word of the thread. Don't want to have a red face again.

My first impression of yesterday which I didn't post as I was visibly tired, is the same today and is just as strong. I think he's a wee bit scared of you... not scared like he's terrified or anything. But that you maybe intimidate him a bit ? Or something of that nature. Like you're a bit sort of hard to really approach - but that would come from his insecurities, not from anything you really did. He seems like a nice person. He just needs to lighten up a bit! I would think he's kind of a serious guy.

Yes, he thinks of you. No doubt.
haha Diana! :lol: Dont worry we all been there
wow you truly nailed with this one! I have this terrible tendency to get into the Queen of Swords energy whenever I meet a guy that I really like :roll: , its stronger than me I cant help it, so yes I can surely come across a bit intimidating..
thank you!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Sophia D. wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 14:54 wow you truly nailed with this one! I have this terrible tendency to get into the Queen of Swords energy whenever I meet a guy that I really like :roll: , its stronger than me I cant help it, so yes I can surely come across a bit intimidating..
thank you!
When one comes across aspects like this that the Tarot reveals to us, we often have the tendency to say "It's stronger than me", or "That's just the way I am - it's my character". Or "I was brought up like this - we're all the same in the family", or "I take after my mother".

Which is all true. There is always a reason. And these reasons are valid. We all become who we are through our past experiences.

It's sometimes nice to look for the reason. Like "what is the underlying cause of this Queen of Swords energy". Because when one knows the real cause, even if we can't change things, we can learn to use the energy in a more constructive manner. It's not done with a sweep of a magic wand by saying "I really need to change". Because there is nothing to change. We're perfect as we are. We just need some tweaking.

For example, the Tarot could (I'm not implying that this is your case, I'm plucking an example out of a hat) tell the reader that she acts like that because when she was younger, she always had to defend herself against her older brothers as she was the last child and the only girl, so she learned some good defenses which were maybe very useful and helpful, even constructive, at the time, but which should be outgrown now. We tend to sometimes forget that what served us well once is no longer appropriate. So it's not a question of disliking the Queen of Swords - on the contrary - she's a wonderful woman - but by using her differently.

Do you see what I mean ? Am I making any sense ?
Sophia D.
Seer

Post by Sophia D. »

Diana wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 18:19
Sophia D. wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 14:54 wow you truly nailed with this one! I have this terrible tendency to get into the Queen of Swords energy whenever I meet a guy that I really like :roll: , its stronger than me I cant help it, so yes I can surely come across a bit intimidating..
thank you!

Do you see what I mean ? Am I making any sense ?
Yes it makes total sense. I think that automatic reaction comes from a deep sense of insecurity and fear of being hurt. Im aware that although it has helped me in some ocasions, it has also kept me from experiencing good things. But we all got our own struggles and theres nothing to do but to try to overcome them.
thank you again :)

Return to “Cards and Spreads”