This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Interpreting "Current Situation" with multiple majors - feedback appreciated!

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
axman
Seeker

Interpreting "Current Situation" with multiple majors - feedback appreciated!

Post by axman »

Hello all!

Recently I did a "What's in store reading". It is my own take on the "past, present, future" reading with more cards/details.
On the very bottom of the reading I pull 4 cards that represent the current situation/climate that is effecting my situation.

Normally it's easy to interpret; however, recently I received 4 major arcana cards - some of which have contradicting meanings.
I was hoping to get some community feedback on what you think it could mean.

I provided the entire spread incase you wanted additional insight.

In order:
Past/Influencer: 3 of Pentacles - The Fool
Present/Influencer: The Star - The Hierophant
Future/Influencer: Ace of Wands - Queen of Wands
Summary of current situation: King of Pentacles
Current influencers: The Hermit - The Tower - The Sun - The Moon

My initial thoughts is the current situation is being impacted by big, positive changes that could fundamentally impact my current (and future) situation. There is substantial interlocking parts, some of which may be unknown, that are impacting those changes as well.

What are your thoughts?
TheLoracular
Sage

Re: Interpreting "Current Situation" with multiple majors - feedback appreciated!

Post by TheLoracular »

Hi Axman!

What deck do you use and what country are you living in? Those two pieces of information would greatly nuance the way I'd interpret a reading but here are some general thoughts.

Thanks for including the entire reading. That helps have context enormously! :)

I noticed immediately its not just the Major Arcana on the bottom but out of 11 cards, you have 7 Majors, 2 Court, 2 Pips so the entire reading is slanted into the Majors in a dramatic way which I view as "This is about the BIg Life stuff, not just the little day-to-day".

My intuition is suggesting to me that the bottom row of influencers as people but aspects of the Outside World beyond your control and that is why they are so diverse. You are going to be getting hit with a lot of things, positive and negative, that will affect your situation but the only thing you can really do is control your reactions and how you cope with them, not whether or not these things happen.

Does that make sense? This is my stab at what those might be.

Hermit: Covid-19/The Pandemic and continued or new isolation from people and places you want to see.

The Tower: A very big political regime change or national crisis that is abrupt and -not- the pandemic.

The Sun: Something or someone that just inspires you to intense spiritual/emotional/psychological development in a very positive life-changing way.

The Moon: A challenge or threat to all that spiritual/emotional/psychological development that isn't your enemy, just your adversary in an "I exist to make you stronger and wiser" way. It's what you have to face and conquer as part of the unblocking of all that sun energy, basically the "shadow work" you can expect as part of all of this and its going to be there, hitting at you, whether you want it or not.
Tarot is a great and sacred arcanum- its abuse is an obscenity in the inner and a folly in the outer. It is intended for quite other purposes than to determine when the tall dark man will meet the fair rich widow.”
― Jack Parsons
WildWoman71
Seeker

Re: Interpreting "Current Situation" with multiple majors - feedback appreciated!

Post by WildWoman71 »

In order:
Past/Influencer: 3 of Pentacles - The Fool
Present/Influencer: The Star - The Hierophant
Future/Influencer: Ace of Wands - Queen of Wands
Summary of current situation: King of Pentacles
As the past you have some decisions to make as you move forward on your new path - and you need to decide whether to leave 'excess baggage' or take it with you

Presently in order to make your dream a reality you need to understand the rules of the situation - or the law - what your situation is governed by

In the future you have what you need to create what you set out in your new tomorrow - use the positive aspects of the Queen - be wise, gently and kind because she is also associated with Judgment - and you don't want to look back and be disappointed of how you handled getting there

In summary the Queen's actions can result in a swift change in - hence the King - like a snake be able to shed old values and actions don't serve you anymore and ensure you act with integrity.

WW

Return to “Cards and Spreads”