This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The strangest combination: The Star + Death. Help me figure this one out.

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
cloudynoir
Seeker

The strangest combination: The Star + Death. Help me figure this one out.

Post by cloudynoir »

I drew the star card first and it was then clarified by the death card. The position was "What I need to know about him" I really can't come to a conclusion about these two cards together.

I see the star as someone who has been through a difficult time and came out the other side, and death as someone who is in a period of major transformation after a loss or the end of a cycle. I already know a lot of people in his life have passed away unexpectedly, maybe this is referring to that? or are the cards trying to warn me of some red flags im not seeing?
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: The strangest combination: The Star + Death. Help me figure this one out.

Post by Charlie Brown »

It's awfully difficult to craft an interpretation based on one card or spread position out of context. However, I would likely take the Star+Death combination as a red flag

First, I'll point out that your interpretation is misaligned to your question. You asked what you need to know about him, but you interpreted about what kind of person he is. That's a bit different. Regardless of the exact valence, the Star is almost always a positive card. However, the paring with Death suggests an ending. That is, regardless of whatever good thing the Star represents —your feelings towards him, his persona, etc. I don't know—that's probably going to come to a screeching halt in the future.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Pilgrim
Seer

Post by Pilgrim »

The star symbolizes new opportunities and possibilities and death an ending, or some kind of change. My interpretation: there is a black hole among these stars, so be wary new opportunities.
Jean
Seer

Post by Jean »

cloudynoir wrote: 21 Feb 2020, 23:32 The position was "What I need to know about him" I really can't come to a conclusion about these two cards together.
As Charlie Brown says, your question is really too broad. And Pilgrim points to the idea of being careful.

Cloudynoir, let yourself be guided more by your inspiration (the Tarot de Marseille always brings you back to yourself). This is to not let your logic (known information about this person) simplify your interpretation or block it!
Pilgrim
Seer

Post by Pilgrim »

Jean has a good point when she said let yourself be guided more by your inspiration (the Tarot de Marseille always brings you back to yourself).

All Tarot readings bring you back you your self.

When you do a tarot reading, especially on your self, you seek to understand answers to questions that are on your mind. The tarot will only point out the conscious creation of your reality in accordance to your will, purpose and design. All readings express your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, decisions and choices which are rooted from your past in the present. How this person feels about you is irrelevant, its how you feel about you, and when you seek to understand how someone thinks and feels about you, you start to create thought patterns that may or may not be aligned with with the person your interested in, therefore clouding your judgment.

Use the tarot as a tool for self discovery, the tarot can be used to help understand the real you, and when you know your true self everything makes sense, and you will know others on a more deeper level.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm not sure why we think the poster is using a Marseille deck.
Pilgrim
Seer

Post by Pilgrim »

Maybe we should ask the poster🤔 or it could have been a recommendation option.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

The poster did a hit-and-run three months ago, and I have no idea why this thread has suddenly come to life.
Pilgrim
Seer

Post by Pilgrim »

I blew the dust of it.
Jean
Seer

Post by Jean »

I have put in brackets that (especially) with the tarot de Marseille we are brought back to ourselves. In the case presented, I really think it's relevant to talk about reflective thinking. I do not think that all tarots can invite this, especially when the structure of the cards is aimed at divination.

Why return to this topic ? Why not ! I find that Pilgrim brings very interesting messages. I'm more interested in the content of his posts, so it doesn't matter if the context has lost its relevance.

Anyway, on all the forums, the old members accept very slowly that the new members bring something in their discussion, they tend to respond to those they know, without taking care of the relevance of the messages of the new members. If we look at Pilgrim's activity, he has provided a lot of very relevant information, but few old members answer him. Why this "gerontocracy" on the forums ? Is come back of this topic (by new members) like the symptom of something ?

Jean

PS: Pilgrim, I am a man !
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I'm not sure that your comments actually relate to anything I said. I never said there was no reason not to have a discussion here, but merely that I wasn't clear on why this thread was suddenly so active. I was also, first and foremost, suggesting that we shouldn't be expecting the original poster to chime in anytime soon. I'm also not at all clear on how anything I've said or done is an attempt to claim anyone, especially a new member, is irrelevant. It's especially ironic since I'm the only one in three months' time who showed any interest in this new members request for help.

Return to “Cards and Spreads”