This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Does the Knight of Pentacles ever move?

Discussions about individual cards, their symbolism & meanings. How the cards combine and speak to us in spreads is another thing altogether! Here we learn about both.
TheQueenOfPentacles
Seeker

Does the Knight of Pentacles ever move?

Post by TheQueenOfPentacles »

Hello all,
what is your experience with the Knight of Pentacles (rider Waite)
Last time I spoke with someone was about 6 months ago. In the last three months I have had the knight of pentacles coming up a lot for him.
Often surrounding cards are ace of cups, ace of swords, lately a page of cup. But the knight is there all the time, sometimes the two of wands is there too.
Does this knight ever move?
I think it's the only one stuck. any experience?
Diana
Sage

Re: Does the Knight of Pentacles ever move?

Post by Diana »

Oh I reckon he moves only when it's the right time in the battle. It's very strategic. He has important resources to bring safely to the King or the general and he can't risk losing this treasure trove in a squirmish or even a bigger battle. Can't have him dodging through landmines and bullets. It's far too important his baggage. As any good and faithful Knight, he will do his duty - even if he has to stand on the hill for months.

An alternative meaning could be that he's waiting for someone to go up to him to pick up his delivery. It's sort of like his standing there saying "oho! I'm here waiting. Get a move on, I haven't got all day."
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
TheQueenOfPentacles
Seeker

Thank you Diana... to me it looks like he is just staring the pentacles.
Thanks for your interpretation!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

TheQueenOfPentacles wrote: 19 Feb 2020, 21:58 Thank you Diana... to me it looks like he is just staring the pentacles.
Lol. Although that's not really impossible. He could be hypnotised by the thing. There are so many interpretations. Depends so much on the spread and the position and the other cards.

I noticed that the horse has leaves on his ears. Some kind of decoration. Maybe some kind of victory thing ? They don't look like laurel leaves though. I wonder what they are.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Frankly Tarot
Seeker

Post by Frankly Tarot »

He moves very slowly. He doesn't really want to go into battle; he's a farmer at heart. He watches things grow and contemplates. He is steady and if he says anything at all, you know he has carefully considered every word. This knight is my favorite knight.
TheQueenOfPentacles
Seeker

Interesting interpretation.
I guess in my case he just meditated on it...
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

TheQueenOfPentacles wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 18:34 Interesting interpretation.I guess in my case he just meditated on it...
I'm thinking that this Knight, who also has fresh leaves on his helmet, it's not only the horse that has them, has just returned from receiving a trophy of some sort for deeds well accomplished. He wouldn't be going to battle with fresh leaves - that is always a sign of some kind of victory. Also everything is calm. It's as if there's even been time for the dust to settle. It's sort of like a new day.

He's maybe wondering where the hell he's going to put the trophy - his mantelpiece is already full and it's one more thing that will just collect dust. But it's more likely that he's surveying the lands that he crossed during the battle - reminiscing about the past - perhaps saluting one more time some fallen comrades - before turning around and going home.

Or else the pentacle is a hand grenade and he's trying to think really hard if it's three or five seconds before he must throw it. Or maybe four. So if he's meditating, he shouldn't meditate too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ashgP4YMdJw

Return to “Cards and Spreads”