This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot Lover's Card

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Papageno
Sage

Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot Lover's Card

Post by Papageno »

I'm very certain that there are MANY people here who are already aware of the source material for Paul Huson's trumps
in his deck published by Lo Scarabeo ie. Este, Rosenwald, Budapest, etc.

However, there still seems to be some question regarding The Lover's card, although, again I'm sure there are people who have already figured this out.

But for those who haven't, it's the political marriage between Henry Tudor (Henry VII) and Elizabeth of York.
The clue is the red and white Tudor Rose emblazoned on the shield.

This mirrors the Lover's card of the Cary-Yale Visconti depicting the marriage between Francesco Sforza and Bianca Maria Visconti.

Huson simply describes this card as: "The design for this card is based upon a medieval illuminated manuscript depicting a marriage."

Just thought I'd share.

Dame Fortune's Wheel Lovers.jpg
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot Lover's Card

Post by Joan Marie »

henry-liz.jpg
henry-liz.jpg (41.65 KiB) Viewed 555 times

I just had a quick look down the rabbit hole of these two and it would seem that though their marriage was political, there is a pretty solid belief that things between them eventually became quite passionate and loving. A spark ignited, which would make them an interesting choice to represent the lovers.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Re: Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot Lover's Card

Post by Nemia »

Their marriage also sealed the end of the War of the Roses, and that's a decision for peace, against war. The reconciliation of opposites. Very interesting to know, thank you very much! I have the deck but wouldn't have recognized the two. Now I'll go to hunt for the illuminated manuscripit :lol:

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”