This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Arcanum X (TdM deck by Michael Bridge-Dickson)

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Diana
Sage

Arcanum X (TdM deck by Michael Bridge-Dickson)

Post by Diana »

I came across a preview dated 2016 for a Tarot of Marseilles deck called Arcanum X. A modern rendition of the Tarot of Marseilles by the creator of the Orbifold Tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/orbifold-tarot/).

The link to the preview for the Arcanum X deck is here : http://www.thequeenssword.com/sneak-pee ... marseille/

I can't seem to find out whether the deck was completed and whether it is available for purchase. My google searches these days seem to often lead to dead ends.

Have you ever heard of it? Is it available for purchase somewhere ? I'll try and contact the creator directly if there's no-one here who has any clues for me, but I thought I'd ask here first.

(I don't know if this thread is in the right forum by the way. Joan-Marie, please feel free to move it if not.)
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Arcanum X (TdM deck by Michael Bridge-Dickson)

Post by Charlie Brown »

You should be able to contact the creator via their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/mirrorsofconsciousness/

It looks like only the orbifold is available for sale, however.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Charlie Brown wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 15:45 You should be able to contact the creator via their facebook page:

Thanks ever so much. I don't do Facebook but will try and contact him via his website. Am very intrigued by this deck or at least the project of the deck.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Marigold wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 17:21
Charlie Brown wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 15:45 You should be able to contact the creator via their facebook page:

Thanks ever so much. I don't do Facebook but will try and contact him via his website. Am very intrigued by this deck or at least the project of the deck.
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

I really like it! We are friends on Facebook, so I'm sure he'll post about it when it gets closer to completion. If you're on Facebook I don't see why he wouldn't add you.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

fire cat pickles wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 19:59 I really like it! We are friends on Facebook, so I'm sure he'll post about it when it gets closer to completion. If you're on Facebook I don't see why he wouldn't add you.
Thanks a million. I don't have Facebook. But I assume from your post that the deck is not completed.

As you're a buddy of his on Facebook, could I ask you, if ever he speaks of this deck and it's status, to please (pretty please) come back to this thread and inform us ? Or... if you're feeling very benevolent, perhaps ask him directly through Facebook if he's planning on publishing it? Otherwise I'll contact him through his website but don't want to bother him for nothing. He must be a busy person.
fire cat pickles
Sage

I scouted out his page and there is no mention of it at all. He is an ashtanga yoga instructor, and that is all that is on his Facebook page. It is possible he keeps the two completely separate. I was planning on PMing him and asking him about it. I really like it. It's like a cross between Bill's Tarot and Robert Place. Right up my alley :)
fire cat pickles
Sage

He is planning on publishing but doesn't know when. I will keep us updated though.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

fire cat pickles wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 17:57 He is planning on publishing but doesn't know when. I will keep us updated though.
Thanks a million for asking. Am looking forward to its completion.
fire cat pickles
Sage

I should add, without giving details of our conversation, that he is still working on the deck but that he has every intention of completing it. He just doesn't have a definite timetable. He will be publishing it eventually!
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Any updates on this? I’ve been watching Michael’s TdM videos on YouTube and they have taken my pip readings up several notches. I don’t love most modern recreations of the TdM but his focus on the progression of organic figures within the cards would make those pips very readable.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'm keeping an eye on the progress of this deck! Does anybody know anything new?
Merrick
Sage

Post by Merrick »

Nemia wrote: 12 Jul 2020, 21:23 I'm keeping an eye on the progress of this deck! Does anybody know anything new?
Last I heard he was working away on the pips but was a bit stumped on what to do with the majors.
“You should acquire only the power of helping others. An art that does not heal is not an art.” -Alejandro Jodorowsky, in conversation with the Tarot de Marseille

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”