This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
JudyK
Sybil

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by JudyK »

Joan Marie wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 08:10 I just bought the TAROT PIERRE MADENIE VERSION 1709, from Yves as a gift for a friend and now I have to purchase one for myself. (just did)
😍 This is the TdM I want!! I have a CBD, but I bought it back when I still had issues with the look of woodblock printed TdMs. Now I love them, so I poured over all the available reproductions and finally settled on the Madenié. Soon, soon...
"Read the damn cards" - Camelia Elias
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

My TAROT PIERRE MADENIE VERSION 1709, arrived today from France.

I just love it. Gave it shuffle and pulled this card

20200702_142923.jpg

A good sign I'd say. 🦋
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Venus Rising
Seer

Post by Venus Rising »

Joan Marie wrote: 02 Jul 2020, 12:33 My TAROT PIERRE MADENIE VERSION 1709, arrived today from France.

I just love it. Gave it shuffle and pulled this card

20200702_142923.jpg

A good sign I'd say. 🦋

Awesome! Definitely a good sign! 👍👍

I’ve got the Mists of Avalon Oracle on its way. Saw a really nice walk through on the Hermit’s Cave and it sold me on it. 💕
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

- Bruce Lee
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

My Oracle of the Radiant Sun has arrived! I love the art style and the concept.

Unfortunately, my New Liminal hasn't been sent yet. I asked yesterday and they said they don't know how long it may take :-( I'm sad but I'll wait.
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Nemia wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 07:45 My Oracle of the Radiant Sun has arrived! I love the art style and the concept.

Unfortunately, my New Liminal hasn't been sent yet. I asked yesterday and they said they don't know how long it may take :-( I'm sad but I'll wait.
That's frustrating - I suppose it's all down to the current situation. I'd send you mine, but life being (possibly) a virtual reality computer game, they'd probably arrive on the same day and then you'd have two... :shock:
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

It's because of the don't-mention-its-name-virus, they can't help it. Considering the suffering it brought to many, waiting some weeks longer for a much-coveted tarot deck is really nothing. I'll celebrate it when it arrives and will let you know!
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

I just received the incredible "Royal Mischief Transformation Play Cards" by Patrick Valenza, absolutely brilliant.

can't wait to receive his "Resurrected Kirchner Besançon Tarot, c.1850"

yessssssss 8-)
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I’ve got the Mists of Avalon Oracle on its way. Saw a really nice walk through on the Hermit’s Cave and it sold me on it.
Oh I am very fond of this oracle deck and have been using it as part of my daily draws almost since lockdown began in the UK in mid-March. Arianrhod and the Chalice Well have stalked me throughout. The cards are lovely.

I just pressed the button on a pre-order for a 2nd edition Spacious Tarot but it may be September before it arrives.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

The Deck Stork was VERY good to me today!

two arrivals- what's better than that?

I received The Beatles Tarot, created by our own chiscoteque. The book was sent separately, so once I get that I will tell you more about it but right away I am finding this deck really intriguing. I grew up in a Beatles House. I was just a little kid but I had 3, count 'em THREE teenage sisters in the 60's so it was a little Beatlemania microcosm.

The second delivery was my new Thoth deck. My old US Games one was getting a bit tattered so I ordered from AG Müller a large-print version that at first glance looks really good. The colours seem very true and beautiful looking and I love the larger size. All the better to see the art with.

The old and new together
The old and new together
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh, how beautiful. The Thoth always gives me a sizzle when I see it, it's like falling in love all over again. What an energy this deck has!

The deck stork has been very nice to me, too - a belated birthday wish fulfilled, and here it is: the Star Spinner Tarot. After a period of relative calm, now I feel like adding to my slowly growing tarot collection. The Star Spinner looks beautiful and it reminds me of the Silhouettes Tarot - it has the same Inner Child appeal. I didn't realize before that it incorporates fairy tale motifs - it's a beautiful eclectic mix of tarot, fairy tale, mythology and personal interpretation.

And the New Liminal has finally been shipped! it's on its way to me! And I had to order the We Are One Tarot, after all, I made two cards (after chickening out on the wonderful Button Soup), and this gave me the mad courage to try and create something for our Star and Crown Oracle.

I guess that I blew my budget :lol:
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

I also have a new Thoth coming. The pocket version of the German Premium von Crowley with the gilt edges. This is the one OTO worked on to provide new high quality scans that never made it into an English version, not the 'gold edition' in the teal coloured box. I really wanted the standard size, but couldn't find it so pocket size is fine. I like small decks.

Funny how things come around. The Thoth is the most visually stunning deck I've ever seen. It appeals to me on so many levels - the geometry, the colours. But I sold or gave away all my Thoth decks - 2 AGM swiss blue box versions with 3 magi AND a trimmed large US Games deck - earlier this year in The Great Big Deck Purge. I was so convinced I would never learn the Thoth system and should give up on it. Now here I am, 6 months later, working my way through LMD's 'Understanding the Thoth' with a brand new US Games deck, trying to get to grips with the basics of Hermetic Qabalah. It's a labour of love isn't it?
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

CharlotteK wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 20:06 Now here I am, 6 months later, working my way through LMD's 'Understanding the Thoth' with a brand new US Games deck, trying to get to grips with the basics of Hermetic Qabalah. It's a labour of love isn't it?
Indeed it is. I'm on my 2nd reading of LMD's book. First time I read it cover to cover. This time I'm skipping around. It's just amazing how much is in there and how every time you read something from it, just a little more gets through.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I am anxiously awaiting my Rana George Lenormand and book, a mass market Lennie (can't recall which, it's a german or belgian repro) and one of The Cartomancer's mini lenormand reproductions, The Daveluy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops:
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

qndynes wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 18:31 I am anxiously awaiting my Rana George Lenormand and book, a mass market Lennie (can't recall which, it's a german or belgian repro) and one of The Cartomancer's mini lenormand reproductions, The Daveluy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops:
I think those of us who have "discovered" Lennies at some point have all been there. 😄 I've got 26 now, and I've sold four on that didn't end up "doing it" for me.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

... And while I'm here, I completely forgot to come back and say that I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a Madenié.
I am so in loooooove! 💙

The stork is going to make a return trip soon, though, because I now have an Antichi Tarocchi Milanesi coming from Italy.

I know, I know. But I like the colours, it wasn't expensive, and it in no way diminishes my affection for the Madenié. 😊
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

JudyK wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 20:15
qndynes wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 18:31 I am anxiously awaiting my Rana George Lenormand and book, a mass market Lennie (can't recall which, it's a german or belgian repro) and one of The Cartomancer's mini lenormand reproductions, The Daveluy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops:
I think those of us who have "discovered" Lennies at some point have all been there. 😄 I've got 26 now, and I've sold four on that didn't end up "doing it" for me.
They're so gorgeous, the older repros are something else. And I'm loving reading Andy's book, it's been thoroughly engrossing during these dark times, and a also a welcome joy.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

JudyK wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 20:32 ... And while I'm here, I completely forgot to come back and say that I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a Madenié.
I am so in loooooove! 💙

The stork is going to make a return trip soon, though, because I now have an Antichi Tarocchi Milanesi coming from Italy.

I know, I know. But I like the colours, it wasn't expensive, and it in no way diminishes my affection for the Madenié. 😊
Oh my lord that's gorgeous, the madenie is one I've had on my wish list for yeeeeaars. Is this the Yves repro?
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

It looks like Lo Scarabeo - they're doing some reproductions of historical decks that look very tempting.
JudyK
Sybil

Post by JudyK »

qndynes wrote: 21 Aug 2020, 21:03 ... Is this the Yves repro?
No, Nemia is correct. The picture is of (yet) another deck I'm waiting on 😉, this one produced by Lo Scarabeo, around 2003 I believe. Sadly, it's no longer in their catalogue, but there are still copies available on eBay from sellers in Italy.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I agree, I've had my eye on a couple of LoScarabeo historical reproductions but haven't gone and purchased any yet. They do look beautiful. Tarot purchases on frequent for me lately, so I think about it extra long before buying a tarot deck.

On another note, the Rana George Lenormand finally arrived, along with a mini Daveluy reproduction, I'm in love with both. Currently waiting on the seller to finally ship Ryan Edward's Maybe Lenormand deck to me.
Mab
Seeker

Post by Mab »

Thanks to Nemia's wonderful review, I have ordered the Star Spinner! :D
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Ooooh I hope you will like it! I still love it. (If there's a special department in Hell for enablers, come to visit me there sometimes!)
Mab
Seeker

Post by Mab »

Got it, brilliant! It is a deceptively pretty deck but the LWB notes are anything but airy fairy. It taps into all sorts of fairy tales and childhood stories... I love it. Card stock is nice and fab box.

Just want to add that I also managed to get hold of a Wild Green Chagallian deck, which has been on my wish list for a long time, so I am turning cartwheels (mentally, anyway) :D
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

A Wild Green Chagallian! I thought they were completely extinct. Where did you catch one? Oh I'd love to tame one.

My New Liminal is still on its way. I ordered it in May, it was sent in early August, and we're now in the second half of September.... I walk to the post office every day (we don't get delivery at home here and the post office is open only four times a week for ONE hour...) but no, nothing.

When that deck arrives, you'll hear the party!!!
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Santa Muerte. It'll be fitting for the coming Dia de Los Muertos. Also: Listrani's art is phenomenal.

I know what deck I'll be using for the ongoing Autumnal Sacred Days.
Start strong
End stronger

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”