This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: What's the Deck-Stork bringing?

Post by Joan Marie »

Rachelcat wrote: 26 Jun 2019, 16:29 I received my Business Class Tarot. Still working on (um, more like thinking about starting) a proper deck review of it for you all.
I would love to see that. I'm so interested in this deck. There's something so irreverent about it, and yet, I imagine that for a lot of circumstances, it's extremely useful.

I just yesterday received The Ethernal Sand of Time Tarot. (yes it is Ethernal, not eternal)

I just started using it, in fact I'm using for My Celestial Week. Seemed an appropriate choice for this week's theme, "Far from the Sun"

I am already really fond of this deck. There is a real warmth to it and I already feel a strong connection to it.

est.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Tomatosauce
Sybil

Post by Tomatosauce »

Somewhere along the way, the dam broke, and decks either recently delivered or in various states of Kickstart for me are:

Lacey Bryant’s Slow Tarot
Chris-Anne Donnelly’s Lightseer’s Tarot
Way of the Panda Tarot
Lisa Sterle’s Modern Witch Tarot
The Spacious Tarot (The Kickstarter for this one is still open- do look it up; it’s lovely)
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

I got the Medieval Scapini as an early birthday present 😁😁😁 It’s my 16th slot deck now, aka the tower. The reason I wanted it was because it looked hilarious, meme worthy and generative, and was totally unexpected and left field for me in terms of deck preference. Also, now I’m suddenly interested in these Eteilla and Papus guys!

And also unexpectedly, they had it in a local shop with a limited selection. How quirky. I’m getting the book online but it evened out price wise. Lucky too since it looks like the book and box set are OOS at the moment.

Also look at this hilarious tower card!!! There are freakin UFOs and jacks! The guy is so cute too!!! Eeeek! Of course humor would be a Tower card thing! Comedic timing and being unexpected and all that! Hah!

B56AE41D-2FF2-435F-8B9B-50999620EF1E.jpeg

Ohhh, how wonderful 💞
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

She was stuck in customs for several days, but she was finally released, unharmed (and free of additional duty!)

Sidriena, my Spirit keeper's Tarot Deck, is here.

She is so beautiful and smells so wonderful.

That's all I want to say for now.

That, and I am very excited to dive into this new world.

sidriena.jpg
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Osho Zen. It's so spare and lovely, I've grown enamored of it. Will be reading it/with it.
Start strong
End stronger
Opal
Seeker

Post by Opal »

:lol: I love the title to this thread!

I have been eyeing a few different decks, but at this posting can't recall which ones they are. I do have a habit of visiting sites and putting what interests me in the site "basket" for purchase--mostly as a way to remember what interests me. However, many of these sites empty the basket after 30 days and so I have to re-shop for my interests. :)

I am always on the lookout for a new deck. Though I have quite a lot as it is--but its always nice to receive a new surprise deck in the mail. Tarot, oracle or lenormand deck.

This one does intrigue me as I am also intrigued by the Akashic Records:

The Akashic Tarot: by Sharon Anne Klingler and Sandra Anne Taylor.

Does anyone have this deck and if so, can you share your thoughts on it? and especially, if you have read with this deck, how easy is it to read and how accurate did you find this deck to be?
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

Welcome to the stork thread, Opal! Shopping is the most fun part, so enjoy!

Time for another stork update from me! Acquisition is getting a little out of hand, but there are so many decks I need to fill in all those gaps in my collection!

Thanks to the expert enabling of dodalisque (thank you!), I received the Vieville and Tarot de Paris from Patrick Coq at SIVILIXI, along with the English version of his book on the Vieville.

And to continue my historic deck kick, I also got the Noblet from Joseph Peterson at Twilit Grotto (through Amazon marketplace).

And a new copy of the Castle of Crossed Destinies by Italo Calvino (English translation), illustrated with line drawings of the Visconti and Marseille. (I think I gave away the copy I had long ago, before my first historic deck kick, for the Visconti.)

When reviewing my collection list, I thought my “Love/Romance” subcollection looked a little thin, so I rebought the Lover’s Path Tarot. It’s lovely, and now I’m enjoying researching all the pairs of lovers. Each major is a pair of lovers, and the four suits are based on the stories of four of those pairs: Staves and Strength = Siegfried and Brunnhilde; Cups and Lovers (renamed Desire) = Tristan and Isolde; Arrows and Sun (renamed Awakening) = Cupid and Psyche; Coins and Fortune = Danae and Zeus.

The Ark Animal Tarot & Oracle Deck is at the printer, with an estimated arrival date of early to mid-October. The only one I'm still awaiting. For now.

That’s it for now! But I’m still researching available historic decks I don’t have yet!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
blackewe
Seeker

Post by blackewe »

Last week I received Tarot Mucha, not sure if it’s for me. The art style is beautiful so I’ll give it a try at some point.

I’m waiting for the Anna K lenormand deck, Prisma Visions tarot deck, and Zillich tarot in a tin deck to arrive, hopefully all three will be in the next week or so.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

The deck-stork is bringing me a new Tarot of a Moon Garden, that the shop refused to buy for me, Aquarean Tarot in a tin, Witches´Tarot, Ciro Marchettis Tarot Luxe, Tarot of the Golden Wheel.
Edit; Today arrived Beautiful Creatures Tarot second edition. I had forgotten that one.
Love and Light, Genna.
chongjasmine
Seer

Post by chongjasmine »

I am waiting for before tarot, after tarot and chinese tarot.
For God so loves the world that He gives His son Jesus that whoever belives in Jesus shall not perish but have eternal life.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

..........😦

I may have successfully purchased the Tyldwick tarot.....

A new deck in mint condition.....

And it wasn’t anywhere near what I had seen in price.

I had a feeling I’d somehow get it, but I didn’t know how or why?...logically I’d expected it’d be years so I sort of took it off my list.....it seems like a particular deck.....I’d even recently started looking elsewhere for decks that could substitute it.....

Oh wow wow wow. I’m shook. The only thing is it’s in my Judgement slot 😓

Basically I have Star through Sun in terms of decks to obtain as “slots.” For example, my tower deck is Medieval Scapini. So I can’t open it yet. Not until I get Dust ii Onyx, the Blood Moon tarot, and then open the Klimt (sun deck). Then after that I can get the Tabula Mundi (world). It’s one of the ways I’ve been helping myself pick decks and also limit them and temper and taper myself.

Plus an easy way to figure out what decks would have to be swapped out in order to get a new shiny deck (there are a few I’d be willing to swap out eventually, but not now). This will help me later when I want to dive into more esoteric decks. Unless I get more attached than I expected. 😅 Who’s knows?! Probably after this I’ll start getting the oracle decks on my list, and stuff.

Anyway holy crap. 😱

edit: I don’t mind if it’s used, and with this deck it’d be adding to the mystique if it was used. But at the same time it feels kind of special haha, like it was waiting for me. And it’s nice to know all the cards should be there with no problem then. I’m just anxiously awaiting my shipping notice now haha.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I ordered Le Tarot Astrologique and Vandenborre Bacus from Tag Jorrit over at https://thecartomancer.bigcartel.com/products

So excited for these! I'm wondering how the three decans for each sign will read . . . ? And my historic deck obsession will not rest until I have Bacus straddling a wine barrel in my collection!

Still patiently awaiting the Ark Animal Tarot from Kickstarter.

And that's it for now. I really need to start whittling down my collection soon. But that's for another thread! Off to update my collection list on my profile!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

The deck stork brought me The Egyptian Tarot from Lo Scarabeo in a hard box and Doreen Virtue´s Animal Tarot.
fire cat pickles
Sage

Post by fire cat pickles »

I finally broke down and bought the St. Jinx Tarot and Oracle :twisted:

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/designer ... and-oracle

For the unexpurgated version of the cards, see here:
https://www.makeplayingcards.com/sell/m ... ition.html

It won't be shipping out until the 20th of this month... Grrr...
fire cat pickles
Sage

So much for this "deal" ...

fire cat pickles
Sage

I went ahead and finally bought the Connolly Tarot.
fire cat pickles
Sage

I also ordered the St. Jinx Arcana - Divine Masculine + Zodiac DELUXE EDITION, but it won't ship until the 20th of this month. The Connolly is on its way :)
fire cat pickles
Sage

fire cat pickles wrote: 08 Sep 2019, 10:30 I also ordered the St. Jinx Arcana - Divine Masculine + Zodiac DELUXE EDITION, but it won't ship until the 20th of this month. The Connolly is on its way :)
I got the Connolly today and I really like it. I'm surprised!

The St. Jinx was shipped out today, so I won't be waiting until the 20th for it :)
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

fire cat pickles wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 01:16
I googled the images of this deck. The Hanged Man looks a lot like Superman ! :lol:
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

Marigold wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 07:42
fire cat pickles wrote: 12 Sep 2019, 01:16
I googled the images of this deck. The Hanged Man looks a lot like Superman ! :lol:
I was curious and had to look. He does! Haha. I love the Ace of Cups.
What a surprisingly...I want to say cute, but also beautiful, and unusual deck. It sort of reminds me of the Robin Wood. I've seen it before and was kind of like 🤷🏿‍♀️ eh, but I really like some of the cards. Hope you enjoy them fire cat pickles (😂 I love your name).
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

I was so engrossed with the Osho Zen that I had to get the Osho Transformation Tarot. It's more of an oracle than a Tarot deck really, but I like everything about it, especially the fact that it has so many cards.

And now I'm looking at the Tao Oracle, and I think I'd have to get that one too. It's one of the most absolutely gorgeous decks that I've ever laid eyes on, and I've always wanted to learn the I Ching.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Well that was quick! Got the Morgan Greer Tarot and also the Ultimate Deck playing cards from Stranger & Stranger.
Start strong
End stronger
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Complete Arthurian by the Matthewses. I already have the Legend: The Arthurian so I'm curious about how they'll compare.
Start strong
End stronger
fire cat pickles
Sage

Connolly's Feng Shui Tarot will be en route presently!
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Got the Celestial and it's one gorgeous dame.
Start strong
End stronger

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”