This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Etsy decks

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Nemia
Sage

Etsy decks

Post by Nemia »

Whenever I roam through Etsy, I find interesting, exciting new decks. Some of my best buys have been through Etsy - the Badgers Forest, Constellation... and I can't even start to list the decks I'd love to have (can't buy much right now - but I can dream, can't I?) Just look at the decks on my favorite list, about to hop into my basket as soon as I get my grubby little hands on some money!

The Sasuraibito - the Fox Tarot - the Marshmallow Marseille - the Victorian Tarot - the Wychwood Oracle - the Madam Clara deck - the Wooden Tarot - the Cosmic Woman Tarot - the Anima Mundi - this list is growing to unplanned dimensions!!!

I bought Paraluman's lovely Gravenchase Lenormand on Etsy and wish his shop would include more tarot - I love Lenormand but use it much less frequently than tarot, and his decks are so wonderful, warm and intelligent and with a sense of fun.

The Constellation Tarot is another great deck I bought.

constellation tarot big picture.jpg

The Idiosyncradeck is another happy and lovely deck.

idiosyncradeck high priestess.jpg
idiosyncradeck hanged man.jpg

I was very enthusiastic at first about the Mermaid Deck by Dame Darcy and still think she has a great artistic style - but somehow, my love ebbed away after a while and I swapped it away. Sometimes I still think about this deck and feel sad that the love didn't last... I don't like letting decks go!

Dame Darcy.jpg

Bluedogrose/Nakisha has wonderful decks, all animal-focused and in watercolours. I have her Badgers Forest and it's a lovely, gentle and inspiring deck.

badgers forest six cards2.jpg
badgers forest six cards.jpg

Jae Larson doesn't sell on Etsy any more but I love her Distant Past Tarot, too.

Distant Past Tarot Queen wands.jpg
Distant Past Tarot Judgement.jpg

I notice now that I wrote reviews of my Etsy decks - they're so special to me.

I was a seller on Etsy for some years - I sold mostly non-tarot stuff and was successful, and when I switched over to tarot bags etc, I was not ;-) I have a soft spot for these platforms that let the "genius at home" spread his/her wings without approaching huge businesses who have their own ideas. And it's so easy to use a platform like Etsy - I think decks are more visible there than on independent websites.

Please tell me about your Etsy experience as artist and buyer, and let's share the love for the decks there :-) (Let my wishlist expand!)
jaq
Sage

Re: Etsy decks

Post by jaq »

Beautiful. I have to go there again and look at the Canadian site. Shipping from the US to Canada is ridiculous.
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Post by RavenOfSummer »

My latest Etsy favorite is the Illuminated Earth Oracle. It is absolutely stunning.

The Universal Mind Oracle is another beautiful one that I got last year. (Notice the picture...of course I can't resist a raven :D )

I know the Idiosyncradeck folks are currently working on the Bottanical Tarot, with SIX suits!!! I'm guessing that will be available on Etsy as well.

Also LOVE the Badgers Forest! And the Constellation Tarot is still on my wish list.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oooooh that's beautiful! We have the same taste it seems ;-) These are stunning decks. I haven't yet worked seriously with oracles but when I see these decks, I'd just love to dive in... so many gifted people, it's amazing.

ETA: all three decks jumped onto my wishlist. The Illuminated Earth echoes Haindl but in a more colourful world. Thank you for giving me a wonderful adrenaline shower!!! :lol:
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Post by RavenOfSummer »

Nemia wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 14:02 Oooooh that's beautiful! We have the same taste it seems ;-) These are stunning decks. I haven't yet worked seriously with oracles but when I see these decks, I'd just love to dive in... so many gifted people, it's amazing.

ETA: all three decks jumped onto my wishlist. The Illuminated Earth echoes Haindl but in a more colourful world. Thank you for giving me a wonderful adrenaline shower!!! :lol:
Hehe, you're very welcome!! :lol: I agree we have the same taste :) I always like to keep an eye on what decks you're using and talking about to get ideas!

Oooh, and I can't believe I forgot to mention the Anieth Nature Tarot also on Etsy...although I might have shared this one with you before?

Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

WOW No I didn't see that before.
That's gorgeous. That star must be the Venus :-)
RavenOfSummer
Seer

Post by RavenOfSummer »

Nemia wrote: 06 Jan 2019, 22:59 WOW No I didn't see that before.
That's gorgeous. That star must be the Venus :-)
It really is gorgeous...the pictures don't even do it justice <3

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”