This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Ostara Tarot? (and what's on YOUR wishlist?)

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Nemia
Sage

Ostara Tarot? (and what's on YOUR wishlist?)

Post by Nemia »

I'm thinking already ahead and plan for my spring equinox reading! And I have this inner feeling of wanting a deck quite badly. The Ostara Tarot looks so special, and I'd love to hear from someone who has it.

The Cosmos Tarot and Oracle has shown that collaborative decks can work for me. And in the Cosmos, not two cards were made by the same artist. For the Ostara, the number of artists is much lower ;-)

I noticed that since my tarot spending decreased drastically, every deck in my collection gets more tlc, and that's great. I don't want to slip anymore into the crazy cycles of enablement that built my present day tarot collection :lol: So I'm careful what I wish for. But I crave for the Ostara a bit.

I can't afford independent decks although there is quite a number of them on my wish list. But maybe I can afford two mass produced decks. Ostara and Wonderland would be these candidates.

What can you tell me about the Ostara, and anything interesting on your wishlists????
Myperception
Sage

Re: Ostara Tarot? (and what's on YOUR wishlist?)

Post by Myperception »

Ostara tarot is attractive. Do share your experience after you own the deck. I am interested as well.

My current wish deck for the first quarter on 2019 is Malpertuis Lenormand deck. It is going to be my first time owning an oracle deck. Also my first inventory of deck since 2015 😁
Anesidora
Seer

Post by Anesidora »

The Ostara is pretty, but it didnt speak to me. It sits on my shelf more than I use it tbh. I tend to prefer decks with a little more edge though.

My current wishlist is empty because I've bought every deck I've wanted so far...not the wisest choice perhaps but it was worth it.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

The Ostara is still sitting in my shopping basket, together with Ethereal Visions ;-) I didn't buy it yet. Maybe I will before the next Vernal Equinox :-D

Did you read with yours by now, Anesidora?
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I think I know how you feel about the Ostara, or at least I empathize. I also have that deck sitting on my wishlist. It looks so striking and soft at the same time. Vibrant. I haven't hit the buy button and I've several people selling for low prices in the tarot marketplace group on FB. Yet it still sits in my wishlist, someday perhaps. If you do end up getting it, share with us what you think.

I'm currently pinning after Tarot of the Holy Light. Just ordered the black and white edition which should arrive in a week or so but definitely hoping to get my hands on the colored version as well.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

I want the Dark Carnival tarot but I really don't know what I'd do with. The deck I'm closest to actually pulling the trigger on is the Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I can't say how exactly it happened - you know these processes are mysterious and enigmatic - BookDepository gave out a discount - and there it was in my basket, and two weeks later, in my mail. (Yes, shipping to the place I live takes at least two weeks, often more).

And I'm having a party with this deck. The Vernal Equinox reading is going beautifully. This deck put its imaginary finger on the main issues of my life, issues I'm dragging with me for years and will probably continue to procrastinate about. It seems that I bond well with this deck, and that's great.

It's a beautiful deck, and i hope I can write a review about it one day. Writing reviews is a good way of getting to know a deck.

Four artists worked together and each of them has her own style and energy, but they all empower each other. It's a coherent deck, like the Cosmos (where every card was made by someone else - but in the same spirit). I start to discover serious love for collaborative decks.

The deck is not spring-centered but has strong Ostara energy. I have always loved the goddess of dawn, Eos, Aurora, and Ostara is a Northern cousin of these beautiful goddesses. The deck is focused on nature, and some cards have a fairy tale feeling. It certainly has the loveliest Emperor ever seen.

My wishlist is still filled with dream decks (Oriens! Children of Litha! Jonasa Jaus! Bottanical!) but I can bear the moratorium stage quite well. I fulfilled myself some wishes (and had some fulfilled by lovely people) before Corona measures and unemployment hit me. Now, we have to live within less-than-our-means and I won't buy anything new.

But the Ostara is a great deck. There's something fresh and green about it, like the perfumes I love.

img_20200311_165934.597.jpg
Dr.Dunbar
Seer

Post by Dr.Dunbar »

I have the Ostara deck and the artwork is superb. There are four artists that contributed, each with their own unique style, but it does not detract from the over all cohesiveness of the deck.

The only criticism I have with the deck is poor quality control on the part of the publisher/printer (which is really a shame for such a nice deck). Each card has a floating border, but the printers took no care in cutting the deck evenly with the artists' borders. So nearly every card looks crooked (see my photos).

Also, while the silver edging is unquestionably beautiful, it was laid on so thick that the cards literally come clumped/stuck together. When you receive the deck you will need to pry most of the cards apart very carefully or risk bending them (see photo).

That being said, if you can overlook these issues, I would highly recommend this deck. The booklet that comes with the deck is superb and in color. And the symbolism and artists' renderings in some of the cards is simply genius. On a humorous side note: the Queen of Swords contains the CBS logo, although I am certain it simply escaped notice by the artist and publisher (see photo). My favorite card is the Ace of Swords (see photo). Even the tiniest of creatures, like a mouse, can come out on top.
ostara-01.jpg
ostara-05.jpg
ostara-02.jpg
ostara-03.jpg
ostara-04.jpg
Stan K. Beest
Seer

Post by Stan K. Beest »

The Ostara Deck is really cool. I like the balance of imagery from the different Artists.
And the Malpertuis Lenormand is by far my favorite of the Malpertuis Decks. I had also purchased the Tyldwick Tarot and the Lothrop Lenormand based on what I saw online, but when I got them for some reason they did not resonate with me at all. I ended up selling them some time ago. But the Malpertuis Lenormand is a real keeper for me.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”