This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Suggestions for Crone/Goddess Decks?

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Maia00
Seeker

Suggestions for Crone/Goddess Decks?

Post by Maia00 »

Hello everyone, I hope you're all well! I have recently become really interested in exploring and working with the divine feminine in all of her aspects. I was curious if anyone had suggestions for decks that helped you connect with goddess energy. I am also really curious about decks with a crone energy to them. I feel like this is the aspect of the goddess that is the least represented (as far as I've seen) in the world of tarot and oracle. I know the Tarot of the Crone is a good option but sadly it is out of print and I cannot find a copy for the life of me! The decks don't have to be representations of literal goddesses, just anything that feels sacred or connected to these energies. Thank you thank you!
Warmly and with much appreciation,
Maia
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Suggestions for Crone/Goddess Decks?

Post by Rachelcat »

Literal goddesses here!

I was going to recommend the Dark Goddess Tarot, also by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince, but I see it’s also out of print. Sorry! It’s available as a Fool’s Dog app, though! http://www.foolsdog.com/DarkGoddess/ There’s a goddess for every tarot card, and they’re not all that dark. She includes sexuality as a kind of “dark,” so there are many “regular” recognizable goddesses in there. Attached is a list.

Also having a goddess for every card is the LS Universal Goddess Tarot. The art is a bit cartoony, but the attributions work well for me. See attached list.

On the oracle slide, check out the Goddess Oracle Deck & Book Set by Amy Sophia Marashinsky (Author) and Hrana Janto (Illustrator). The artwork is wonderful. See it here
http://www.hranajanto.com/goddessgallery/GGF-intro.html, along with text on the goddesses by Patricia Monaghan.

From out of left field, you might be interested in the Yoginis’ Oracle http://www.theyoginisoracle.com/. The website has a card of the day, and you can check out the artwork. Not for everyone, but if you’re looking for interesting vibes, it’s got those for sure!

Good luck in your goddess quest!
Attachments
Universal Goddess Tarot.pdf
(66.92 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Dark Goddess Tarot.pdf
(68.55 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
litefoot13
Sybil

Post by litefoot13 »

I can vouch for how lovely the Goddess oracle deck is - it's one of the few oracle decks I've come across I felt a connection to.
(The cards are QUITE large, though, very hard on my short fingers, so I actually cut the cards down to just the pictures and I felt it made the goddesses even more prominent and sort of 'pop out', plus be small enough I can actually attempt to shuffle them. xD )
I go by Arie. :3
Maia00
Seeker

Post by Maia00 »

Thank you guys, I will definitely look into these suggestions!
archimedes
Sage

Post by archimedes »

Kris Waldherr's Goddess Tarot is just stunnning. http://www.kriswaldherr.com/site/buy/ca ... s-tarot-2/
This is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. My statement of my belief is not a criticism of your belief.
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

The Lubanko tarot isn't explicitly one, but vibe wise is. It's not done yet though. http://www.emilylubanko.com/#/tarot/

Or the Blood Moon but same story. Actually not sure how I'd categorize that one. Hm. Nevermind.

The Mary El might be a good one.

None of these are explicitly dark goddess decks, just artistically they have that vibe to me.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!
Amoroso
Sage

Post by Amoroso »

Check out the Ancient Feminine Wisdom Deck by Kay Steventon and Brian Clark.

This thread reminds me of the Pistis Sophia: The Goddess Tarot by Kim Huggens and Nic Phillips that's still in limbo. That would have been such a formidable deck.
Start strong
End stronger
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

I love The Divine Feminine oracle by theologican Meggan Watterson. She has females from it seems like all religions and cultures and the guidebook is very very good. It has taught me so much from the cosmic egg and about different holy women in different religions. I take a card a day. Many lived long lives, some are portrayed old. There are also many goddesses.

For a card titled The Crone, go to card 8 usually Stregth in The Green Witch Tarot. A lovely white haired woman accompanies the lion, and the court have many elder men and women.
Ailsaek
Seer

Post by Ailsaek »

Crone energy doesn’t have to be dark. I’ve been one for a little over a year now, and I aim to be a scandalous old lady in vivid colors.

For my personal experience of cronehood, the Herbcrafter’s Tarot feels the most apt.
brokenflag
Seeker

Post by brokenflag »

Well there is Tarot of the Crone which may be OOP, but another wonderful deck is the Dark Days Tarot:

https://www.darkdaystarot.com/

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”