This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Almost 50 years old!

Informal discussions of individual Tarot Decks.
Forum rules
This is the forum for discussions about and to show individual decks. Full reviews and "Unboxing" videos should go into the Reviews forum.

Please note that Historical Decks have their own separate forum and those discussions are best placed there.
Grizabella
Seer

Almost 50 years old!

Post by Grizabella »

I recently got the Aquarian tarot in a tin and I was looking at the copyright date. It was copyrighted in 1970 which means it's going to be 50 years old in a few months! I've read somewhere that the Aquarian was the first deck to depart from the Rider Waite images. I haven't ever used my copy of the regular size, but this little one drew me in and I'm really enjoying it.
This is the link to my website. Feel free to visit it: My Tippy Tea House I specialize in relationship readings but I read on all topics. I offer a wide variety of prices and offer coupons and gift certificates, so handy during the holidays. I will also barter for decks and other items.

Check out the great savings at my Christmas Super Sale.
Genna
Seer

Re: Almost 50 years old!

Post by Genna »

I have recently got the little tin version too. I haven´t read a lot with it yet but I quite like the colours and the medieval feel to it. And the size. I think I will do a lot of readings with it in the future.
Grizabella
Seer

Re: Almost 50 years old!

Post by Grizabella »

Another of the oldie but goodie type of deck I have is the Motherpeace. I have both the regular sized and the mini. I use the mini but never seem to use the bigger size. It came out in 1984, I think. It's put away at the moment so I can't take it out to look at the copyright date, but it was among the first to depart from RWS, too, and I think it was the first circular deck.

I don't have the original first editions of these, mind you. Mine are all currently in print but I just think the fact that the Aquarian has been in print for so long is really cool. I've never seen anyone on any of the forums mention it being their particular favorite. I think it's been in the shadows for awhile till this tinned version came out.
This is the link to my website. Feel free to visit it: My Tippy Tea House I specialize in relationship readings but I read on all topics. I offer a wide variety of prices and offer coupons and gift certificates, so handy during the holidays. I will also barter for decks and other items.

Check out the great savings at my Christmas Super Sale.

Return to “Tarot Decks Discussions”