This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Tinker's Damn Tarot & Mantegna Revised Second Editions are on sale now!

Share a little taste with us of your work in progress. Give us a peek at what's coming down the road soon so we can keep an eye out for it.
DuckSoupProductions
Seer

Tinker's Damn Tarot & Mantegna Revised Second Editions are on sale now!

Post by DuckSoupProductions »

Dark, Beautiful and Eerily Emblematic of the Early 20th Century, with a cranky Steam-Age Soul: TINKER’S DAMN TAROT Revised Second Edition, On Sale Now. See it and more than 30 other Daringly Different, original Tarot & Oracle Packs @ www.tarotbyducksoup.com, or http://tinkersdamn.tarotbyducksoup.com for a direct link to the page.
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game." -- William Faulkner.
DuckSoupProductions
Seer

Re: Tinker's Damn Tarot & Mantegna Revised Second Editions are on sale now!

Post by DuckSoupProductions »

The first full review of Tinker’s Damn Tarot mk. II is in, and it’s most kind. You can read it here: https://mystiknomad.wordpress.com/2018/ ... y-edition/
… and see all the cards (plus more than 30 other Daringly Different tarot and oracle packs) at www.tarotbyducksoup.com
"Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game." -- William Faulkner.
CharlotteK
Sage

Post by CharlotteK »

Great review! I share their enthusiasm for the endless possibilities, plus I happen to really love the art style.

Tinker's Damn has been in my top three for a long time when the other two have chopped and changed. This edition cements itself right up there at the top.
SaturnCeleste
Seer

Post by SaturnCeleste »

DuckSoupProductions wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 04:23 The first full review of Tinker’s Damn Tarot mk. II is in, and it’s most kind. You can read it here: https://mystiknomad.wordpress.com/2018/ ... y-edition/
… and see all the cards (plus more than 30 other Daringly Different tarot and oracle packs) at www.tarotbyducksoup.com
OMG I have wanted the Zirkus Magi for a long time, since it first came out but I could never afford it. Who knows, maybe one of these days! I've had your site bookmarked for a long time! I check out your Mantegna but I am so in love with the original I am not considering your deck. It's a good idea but for myself, I'll stick to what I know. I play the "Mantegna" game all the time.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Post by Charlie Brown »

SaturnCeleste wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 16:16 I play the "Mantegna" game all the time.
What is the Mantegna game?
I believe in Crystal Light.
SaturnCeleste
Seer

Post by SaturnCeleste »

Charlie Brown wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 16:38
SaturnCeleste wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 16:16 I play the "Mantegna" game all the time.
The Mantegna deck was actually a learning tool back in the day. It was like flash cards. The game is complicated and I can't do it justice without showing you but it's like a really elaborate form of solitaire. You lay the deck out some cards hidden and some overturned. Then you have 5 castes that you'll add to from the playing field. You have 10 cards to a caste and how you number them depends on your first move. You either go up to 50 or down to 0, both different moves. I have always wanted to do a video on how to play it and one of these days I'm sure I will. I do suggest you buy a deck (the old version) because the instructions are in the LWB. You'll be glad you did!!
Wow! It's gone up in price since I bought mine! I actually bought 2 decks because I use mine so much lol.

EDIT, hmm, guess I can't leave links yet but if you quote me you might see the amazon link. ;)
SaturnCeleste
Seer

Post by SaturnCeleste »

Charlie Brown wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 16:38
The Mantegna deck was actually a learning tool back in the day. It was like flash cards. The game is complicated and I can't do it justice without showing you but it's like a really elaborate form of solitaire. You lay the deck out some cards hidden and some overturned. Then you have 5 castes that you'll add to from the playing field. You have 10 cards to a caste and how you number them depends on your first move. You either go up to 50 or down to 0, both different moves. I have always wanted to do a video on how to play it and one of these days I'm sure I will. I do suggest you buy a deck (the old version) because the instructions are in the LWB. You'll be glad you did!!
Wow! It's gone up in price since I bought mine! I actually bought 2 decks because I use mine so much lol.

EDIT, hmm, guess I can't leave links yet but if you quote me you might see the amazon link. ;)

Return to “Sneak Peeks & Works in Progress”