This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Business Class Tarot

Do you have a Tarot related project on Kickstarter or Indiegogo or elsewhere? What about something available for pre-order? Have you seen one you want to tell us about? Backing a project is like investing in a future present for yourself. Have a look!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Business Class Tarot

Post by Joan Marie »

This is a pretty interesting deck, not for everybody but I can see it's appeal for sure.

It's called Business Class Tarot.

The video at the Kickstarter explains it pretty well, but just to give you an idea, here is how the suits and Trumps and Court cards are named:

4 Suits - Product, Brand, Data, and Money
Suit Management - Assistant, Manager, Director and VP
Executives - 22 symbolic narratives of success and failure

It just goes to show how wide the appeal for tarot is these days. We really are living in Tarot times.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Rachelcat
Sage

Re: Business Class Tarot

Post by Rachelcat »

We had a presentation from the creator of the Business Class Tarot, Anthony Dobranski, at our Capital Tarot Society meeting on Saturday.

It was very eye-opening about how a deck is created. And an interesting story about how it came about. He wrote a fantasy novel called The Demon in Business Class, in which the main character makes some decisions based on tarot readings. He wanted the cards to be modern and relevant, so he used updated names, etc. When the book came out, people started asking what deck the character used. So he decided to turn it into a real deck.

Also good business sense, I think, because the deck and the book will bring interest to each other between audiences: fantasy readers and tarot lovers.

The Kickstarter is over, but now there's a preorder site: https://businessclasstarot.com/ The decks are being printed now, and he says he hopes they will be ready to send out in December.

(Now I'm going to Amazon to get the book on my Kindle . . .)
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I think it's great. I couldn't read with it because I have no idea how the business world works and would feel much more at home in a feudal court :lol: but I love the concept and think it's brilliant. There are quite a lot of contemporary tarots now - Urban tarot and a lot of others whose names I can't remember - Poppy Palin made some - and this one looks great. It's just what you need to stick your head out of the world you're living in and get a better view from a different angle. Wonderful.
Rachelcat
Sage

Post by Rachelcat »

I just got the email that my deck has shipped. (A little later than December, but these things always take longer than you think.) I'll pass along my impressions when I get it!
Please join us in This Week's Deck!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Myperception
Sage

Post by Myperception »

Ah... this is interesting and very suitable for me :idea:
AstralPasta
Sage

Post by AstralPasta »

I kinda want this deck but can't help but feel like it's kind of evil 😂 Hmm...

Well, I just checked out the Amazon page for the novel and it makes a lot more sense now.

I think I was expecting a Stranger than Fiction (with Will Ferrell) sort of plot. Or like that trend in movies where a Comedian who Works At A Soul Draining Office Job meets/finds A Magical Girl/Book/Child/MacGuffin/Portal which Changes His Life Dramatically as They/It takes him on an Adventure that makes him Question His Allegiances and helps him to Understand What Family/Christmas/Happiness/Confidence/Living Truly Means.

But it's actually an action book with demons, corporate espionage, sex, the apocalypse, and hacking....so that's cool. I'm guessing it's kind of tongue in cheek? I like that better anyway, as source material, haha.

It also reminds me of Instant Archetypes, in how it makes me feel. Kinda weird, kinda compelled and curious. Instant Archetypes makes me feel weirder though, but I bet it'd pair well as a toracle (I don't generally do pairings but it makes me curious sometimes).

I hope to see some reviews though, that's what I'm really looking forward to.
On my phone mainly so pardon the typos! Also if I seem more lucid than average, I'm probably typing on a PC. Hah!

Return to “Current Crowdfunding Campaigns & Pre-Orders”