This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

The Friar's Delight Lenormand Kickstarter is Live

Do you have a Tarot related project on Kickstarter or Indiegogo or elsewhere? What about something available for pre-order? Have you seen one you want to tell us about? Backing a project is like investing in a future present for yourself. Have a look!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

The Friar's Delight Lenormand Kickstarter is Live

Post by Joan Marie »

I finally finished and just pushed the "launch" button!

You can see my work here:

The Friar's Delight Kickstarter

I drew a card to see if I should just go or wait and I picked this one:

03 Ship.jpg

I took it as a YES!
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot πŸ’š
Diana
Sage

Re: The Friar's Delight Lenormand Kickstarter is Live

Post by Diana »

So the ship has sailed ! I wish her a pleasant journey. And a successful arrival on the other side of the sea.
Rumi was asked β€œwhich music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Thanks so much!

Not off to a bad start the first day, but I think a lenny deck is a little trickier to move then a tarot deck.

Can I ask a favour of anybody who is in facebook cartomancy groups to please share this kickstarter url:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cu ... lenormand

or the short version
http://bit.ly/FriarsDelight

Not being on facebook is a disadvantage when you really want to reach a certain audience, but I never was and I have reasons I don't want to be. So if anybody could please share I'd appreciate it immensely. πŸ–€πŸ–€πŸ–€
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

06 cloud Insta.jpg

Ad I made for instagram

See the kickstarter at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cu ... -lenormand
Venus Rising
Seer

Post by Venus Rising »

I love it! Great job, @Joan Marie :)
I've backed it and just shared it over on the Tarot, Tea & Me forum. I don't do facebook either, so apologies but I cannot share it there.
Wishing you all the best in your Kickstarter!
"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

- Bruce Lee
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

Venus Rising wrote: ↑04 Aug 2019, 17:02 Wishing you all the best in your Kickstarter!
Thank you so much! I have all my fingers and toes crossed!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

3 card ad larger.jpeg

I added a video message today. You can see it here.

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Just shared it on facebook in the for love of cards group. I'm really hoping it gets funded and I don't do lennies.
Thoughts are things, and words have wings.
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I also backed the deck, fingers crossed it gets funded, I really do think the aesthetic is fun and unique, and I'm not a lennie reader nor buyer.
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

qndynes wrote: ↑14 Aug 2019, 14:53 I also backed the deck, fingers crossed it gets funded, I really do think the aesthetic is fun and unique, and I'm not a lennie reader nor buyer.
I don't do Lenormand either. I have one though and have never thought of parting with it. I thought I'd explore it with Joan Marie's deck. I also find the Friar's Delight aesthetic fun and unique like you and the historical period is fascinating. Even the name is wonderful. Everything fits so well with what I understand to be a Lenormand. I didn't back the deck just to be nice to Joan Marie. I really believe it's of worth.

I must say that I am rather perplexed to see that it hasn't received the rapid backing I was expecting. It's puzzling.
Rumi was asked β€œwhich music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

It's picking up! I have a good feeling!

02 Clover.jpg
qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

Marigold wrote: ↑14 Aug 2019, 15:09
qndynes wrote: ↑14 Aug 2019, 14:53 I also backed the deck, fingers crossed it gets funded, I really do think the aesthetic is fun and unique, and I'm not a lennie reader nor buyer.
I don't do Lenormand either. I have one though and have never thought of parting with it. I thought I'd explore it with Joan Marie's deck. I also find the Friar's Delight aesthetic fun and unique like you and the historical period is fascinating. Even the name is wonderful. Everything fits so well with what I understand to be a Lenormand. I didn't back the deck just to be nice to Joan Marie. I really believe it's of worth.

I must say that I am rather perplexed to see that it hasn't received the rapid backing I was expecting. It's puzzling.
Kickstarter itself is puzzling. Some decks where I'm just thinking no, get backed quickly, others that I find unique and definitely worth it don't. I will keep sharing it.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

qndynes wrote: ↑14 Aug 2019, 16:58 Kickstarter itself is puzzling. Some decks where I'm just thinking no, get backed quickly, others that I find unique and definitely worth it don't. I will keep sharing it.
Something worked!
Thanks so much everybody. Everyone was so supportive and encouraging and had really good advice all along the way.

Now that this has succeeded I have a lot of work to do but that's the fun part. Waiting out a kickstarter that isn't catching fire the way you'd like it to, takes a bit of a toll and is not the fun part.

But I learn so much all the time.

I will be getting very busy now with some forum things, especially our group deck.

Thanks everybody for everything. September will be amazing! 🍁
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Yay!!!!! Sometimes giving birth to a baby is not a piece of cake. But baby has arrived and I welcome warmly The Friar's Delight into the colourful and magical world of divination. May it have a long and fruitful life.

NOW LET'S PARTY !!!!!!!!!

qndynes
Sage

Post by qndynes »

I'm so excited to get my copy! My first lennie!
Tag Jorrit
Seer

Post by Tag Jorrit »

Congratulations!

Cards are cards, just pieces of cardboard. What is important is the intent we give them.
Serge Pirotte
Want some antique repro cards? Visit https://thecartomancer.bigcartel.com/
Genna
Seer

Post by Genna »

Looking forward to The FriarΒ΄s Delight! Medieval things are my favourite! ItΒ΄s such fun that they are original drawings and lettering! :D Congratulations!
Diana
Sage

Post by Diana »

Just received news that the Friar's Delight will be shipped out within the next few days. Youhou!!! For a change the postman won't be bringing boring old invoices to pay.

Doing a happy little jig here.

Return to β€œCurrent Crowdfunding Campaigns & Pre-Orders”