This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Decks I would love to get my hands on

Is there a deck you seek to possess or one you're ready to shed? Or maybe just make a swap?
Forum rules
Please be advised that Cult of Tarot Forum is in no way responsible for any transactions made here. However, it is very much in everyone's interest that things run smoothly and fairly here and notice will be taken when that simple expectation is not met.

CoT encourages payments to be made through PayPal when possible as they offer protection for buyers and sellers alike. To find out how to send or request money with PayPal, click here

This area is meant only for the buying/selling /trading of Tarot, Oracle, and other cards and related items.

Now enjoy yourselves and happy trading at the Cult of Tarot Bazaar!
Stan K. Beest
Seer

Decks I would love to get my hands on

Post by Stan K. Beest »

There are several very rare, limited Decks that I have yet to come across, or that are just too much for me to afford. Nevertheless I am always on the lookout for them in the hopes that one day they will find their way to me. If anyone knows anything about potential availability of these, please let me know. Some of them include:

- several impossible-to-find Decks by Lynyrd-Jym Narciso (e.g., Tarot of the Curious East, Tarot Rikit, The Discorporae Tarot, Tarot Whispers at the House of Dusk, Tarot Bagong Sining)

I did finally manage to get hold of Tarocco Storico Della Citta Di Ferrara by Amerigo Folchi after many years of futile searching, so it can't hurt to dream I guess...
Also finally got the Historical Tarot of Venice and Tarot de Acuario, so now just still hunting for those rarest Narciso decks!
Nemia
Sage

Re: Decks I would love to get my hands on

Post by Nemia »

Lynyrd-Jym is impossibly talented! I'd LOVE to find his Resom Tarot, I love the way it looks and I wish he'd return to it. (Game Crafter has SUCH high shipping prices!)

I'm sorry I have none of the decks you're looking for :-(

But my dream deck is the Lebanese Tarot, I think it's one of the most beautiful tarot decks ever painted. I'm afraid it will never be re-issued.

How I'd love to get my hands on the Lebanese Tarot!!!
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Post by Joan Marie »

I've had a big crush on the Byzantine Tarot for a long time. It's OOP at the moment, but I think there is a plan to reissue it.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I didn't want to derail this thread with my observations about the Byzantine Tarot, so I opened a new thread. I love Byzantine art and really like this deck.
Papageno
Sage

Post by Papageno »

Nemia wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 06:44 Lynyrd-Jym is impossibly talented!
It's too bad he's dragging his feet with his "Eventide Tarot" project.
Rocket Raccoon: Blah, Blah, Blah.....
Stan K. Beest
Seer

Post by Stan K. Beest »

Joan Marie wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 08:02 I've had a big crush on the Byzantine Tarot for a long time. It's OOP at the moment, but I think there is a plan to reissue it.
I have a copy of this Deck with the Book, but like an idiot I threw the Box away (it was kind of flimsy). The Cards really are beautiful, and the Book is great too.
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

I'm hoping in a corner of my heart for a new edition of the Wild Green Chagallian Tarot....
Stan K. Beest
Seer

Post by Stan K. Beest »

Hmm, never heard of 'Wild Green Chagallian Tarot'. Looks pretty interesting. I assume it has something to do with the Artist Marc Chagall?
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Yes, it's dear Pen's legendary creation. The art is inspired by Chagall, colourful and bursting with feeling, and there are wild and healing herbs associated with the cards. It's a majors-only deck.

https://www.figtreepress.co.uk/the-wild ... ian-tarot/

I don't know for how many years it's been out of print - when I noticed it first, it was OOP already. It's special not only because of the artistic quality but also because it crosses genres. There are artist decks, and there are herbal/botanical decks, but to combine both is unique, as far as I know.

I have a thing for artists' decks, and I love Chagall, and wild green things. Let's keep our fingers crossed there will be another edition one day :-)
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Thank you for your lovely words, dear Nemia! I've been asked to publish a second edition a few times but I'm not really comfortable with the idea as I've always sold the major arcana decks - mostly to collectors - as part of small limited editions and I don't want to go back on what I feel was a promise. If I did reconsider, I think I'd have to create the minors, change the size and publish POD, which is the path I've decided on for any future tarots. I made an exception with the New Liminal (although I changed the size and format), because the original edition was very small in number and because it's the only full tarot I've published.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Oh yes, the Liminal is wonderful!
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Re-visiting this thread nearly a year later - I have bought the New Liminal and love it, and I may be able to get my greedy hands on the Lebanese!

Art_tarot_16.jpg

Isn't this deck just perfect????

Lebanese.jpg
Lebanese.jpg (13.42 KiB) Viewed 2468 times

Some of the decks I only dreamed about, like the Eisbergfreistadt (playing cards) and the Tyldwick, the Cosmos and Pagan Otherworlds, decks I desired for YEARS before I could afford them or found them by chance, are in my collection now, and I take them out to give them some love even if I don't have a question: I shuffle, look at them, put them back into order, maybe make a new bag for them.

If I manage to buy the Lebanese, will my dragon's heart be satisfied? (Wood dragon! worst of the worst!) or am I planning already what I want to drag next into my lair?

I love the Soul Card Tarot, it's so different from other gold-on-black decks, so stripped down and elegant. If I ever get a tattoo, it will be of Soul Card Temperance.

00 14.png

And the Weaver Tarot, Threads of Fate, is similarly gorgeous, more luxurious but also relying on the power of the golden line.

I have no hope of ever buying any of these because the shipping is crazy.

Then there are the Oriens and Children of Litha....

I love the Little Red Tarot Shop because non-US residents can buy wonderful decks there.

Any news about your dream decks?
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

About the New Liminal: I wrote a review about it and I decided to trim it. I hope the artist won't be angry with me.... but the untrimmed cards somehow looked to me as though they were moving or falling. They look better now IMO.

img_20210101_141456.757.jpg
img_20210101_141500.422.jpg
img_20210101_141508.440.jpg

Beautiful 4 of Disks btw - looks like a young Marc Chagall, dreaming of Witebsk when he's in Paris, and of Paris when he's in Witebsk..... weighed down by his longings and wishes but we know he will soar and fly....

This was a deck I wanted and waited for a long long time. Magical art, deep tarot.
Pen
Sage

Post by Pen »

Nemia wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 16:45 About the New Liminal: I wrote a review about it and I decided to trim it. I hope the artist won't be angry with me.... but the untrimmed cards somehow looked to me as though they were moving or falling. They look better now IMO.
8-) I noticed you'd trimmed them when I saw the Six of Swords on your Tarot Calendar - you're not alone - there's a YouTube video somewhere... 8-)
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream...

Edgar Allan Poe

Fig Tree Press

Pen's shop at MPC
Nemia
Sage

Post by Nemia »

Ah, this Six of Swords is one of the most beautiful I ever saw. To make them flow in an airship above the water... and all those whales and fish... magical.
planetree12
Seer

Post by planetree12 »

I think Byzantine Tarot is back to in print now, simply can order it!! :D
rylla
Seeker

Post by rylla »

I have the Tarot Rikit # 5 from a limited of 50. Send me a PM please if you are still interested.
Stan K. Beest
Seer

Post by Stan K. Beest »

Yes, most definitely interested! I sent a PM, but not sure if it went through. Anyway, please let me know if this little gem is still available.

Thanks,
Jon
luiii777
Seeker

Post by luiii777 »

Hellow, I have a unit of "Tarot de Acuario" by Rene Rebetez & Kuis Lopez. I'm from Mexico, feel free to contact me if you are still interested in this deck.
Stan K. Beest
Seer

Post by Stan K. Beest »

YES DEFINITELY!
Please let me know how much, and how to accommodate the shipping etc.
I've been looking for this for years.

Thanks!
Kimber
Seer

Post by Kimber »

Lynyrd-Jim is on FB and is really good about posting status of his deck projects. you can also message him directly via FB regarding availability of his earlier decks.

Return to “BUY/SELL/TRADE”